Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Morning rush turned to morning hell

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 03:26 PM
silverBean
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Morning rush turned to morning hell

So i woke up an hour late, had to drive an extra 8 miles out of my way to pick up a friend for school, and after those 8 miles, i must head the completely opposite direction to get to school. So i was driving a little fast this morning, not to mention the rsx that was tailgating me, until he saw the cop too...
I got slapped with a nice ticket, 69 in a 45!!! My insurance is gonna rape me!! HE did give me a bit of a break by writing it up as civil instead of criminal, but i cant go to traffic school because i went a year ago. That was dumb, i blew a tire in a turn lost control and got a ticket, because my tire blew!!! I am just so pissed about this ticket! anyone else have any excessive speeding tickets in their p-cars?
Old 09-07-2004, 04:57 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

You just gotta downshift when you see the blinking lights
Old 09-07-2004, 07:35 PM
silverBean
Burning Brakes

he already clocked me. i was hoping,, praying he would let me go, but no. Insurance may justprevent driving ability now...
Old 09-07-2004, 08:01 PM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 62 Posts

I had 1 ticket show up on my record that was a speed trap and the officer was a total *** about it since he was tailgating me in an unmarked ford exploder in heavy traffic at 75 mph and rides me all the way up to 85...

Andy
Old 09-07-2004, 08:11 PM
CJF
Advanced

Originally Posted by silverBean
anyone else have any excessive speeding tickets in their p-cars?
No! In fact, yesterday I was passed on a two-lane highway like I was standing still by *groan* a Toyota Echo!

What is the deal with traffic school?
Old 09-07-2004, 08:43 PM
silverBean
Burning Brakes

You can only go to traffic school once every two years. I have just figured out a way to try to evaid the ticket!! it may be underhanded but i have NO MONEY to be spending on the ticket let alone insurance. My sunroof has been out for a while and everytime i hit the button my gauge fuse fries. I have a few extra so i'll just burn one then bring that to court, explain to the judge that i hit while driving and had no bearing on my speed. Maybe i'll get some leniancy...
Old 09-07-2004, 09:10 PM
Ric_Porsche
Instructor

Not saying that will work but it is worth a shot. If you can show documentation of such that would help. The only thing is the judge may ask you that if you knew you had the problem then why were you not more careful while driving. Keep in mind those guys have heard it all. The other recourse you can take if you feel this will really stack up the points and insurance cost is that you could hire a lawyer, while this will cost you some cash it MAY help you in court and the attorney may have a better excuse to provide then what you or anyone else may have already thought of. Even entering yourself into driving classes now before the trial and having that documentation may show an act that you are willing to admit some wrong and are really trying to show the judge you want to improve your driving skills. I wish you the best of luck though, I know it's a pain.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:09 PM
Adam H
Pro

I would imagine all the judge would say in that instance is, "Ignorance is not an excuse."
Old 09-08-2004, 03:34 AM
silverBean
Burning Brakes

Very true, just found out doing that would get me another ticket. thank god for the internet! New game plan...
My father's associate in there engineering business has two brothersw in the P.D. one is a detective. so he (Tom, not my dad) just got a dui and sent 3 people to the hospital. All he got was a 45 dollar no seatbelt ticket. when my dad got one he didn't even lkift a finger so i figure he owes my father and i enough to make the ticket disappear! maybe i shouldn't have put this up...
Old 09-08-2004, 05:17 AM
Granite 944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got slapped with a nice ticket, 69 in a 45!!! My insurance is gonna rape me!!

WOW!.....What a SHOCK! ........maybe ya should have thought about that BEFORE you went 69 in a 45. Hows that old saying go? Ya gonna play.......ya gonna pay. Sorry.....it works the same for everyone, including me too. Stop whinning and feel lucky its only your insurance company thats gonna rape ya........not some little girl's father, that you ran over in the streets because you were in so much in a hurry. I can assure you.....this ticket and higher insurance will be much easier to accept over your lifetime. Why do so many of our people whine when they get these kinds of tickets? Come on.....THINK ABOUT IT......you DESERVED IT.

Rant off.........
Old 09-08-2004, 04:40 PM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

i got a 110 in a 60 haha ok more like

2 a.m. on the empty highway. stupid cops. wasn't so empty after all
Old 09-09-2004, 01:02 AM
silverBean
Burning Brakes

Granite,i can honestly say i deserve it, i just have no money for it!! And azndrvr, thats just ballsy!!!
Old 09-09-2004, 05:06 AM
Granite 944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Granite,i can honestly say i deserve it, i just have no money for it!!
Hey........thats cool. I know evertime I drive my car I DESERVE a ticket (I'm always over the limit somewhat...sometimes a lot). I've just been lucky as to not get one since 1981 (God am I overdue!). Hang in there, you'll survive the ordeal, but you just might want to be a little more carefull, especially if you "have no money for it". Ya know, I've BTDT, and a lot of us have, and eventually we all get our priorities shifted somewhat ( like it or not). Just be carefull..........your a Rennlister........none of us want to see ya get hurt or hurt anyone else in the pursuit of Porsche fun and happiness!
Old 09-09-2004, 01:10 PM
Don 944 LA
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've said it before... I'll say ity again ....
cost of ticket > cost of RADAR DETECTOR It pays for itself !!!!
Old 09-09-2004, 01:49 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My father's associate in there engineering business has two brothersw in the P.D. one is a detective. so he (Tom, not my dad) just got a dui and sent 3 people to the hospital. All he got was a 45 dollar no seatbelt ticket. when my dad got one he didn't even lkift a finger so i figure he owes my father and i enough to make the ticket disappear! maybe i shouldn't have put this up...
It's kind of hard to understand what you're trying to say here, but let me try.

It sounds like a business associate of your father sent three people to the hospital because he was driving drunk, then got off because his brothers, who apparently are crooked cops, fixed it for him?

And your father got charged with dui too, but didn't ask for a favor from the crooked cops, so now you figure they owe you?

Is that how it is?

Tell us more about this tire that blew in a corner, that sounds interesting too. Did it blow before or after you hit the curb?

Quick Reply: Morning rush turned to morning hell