Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best night tonight became the worst read please and help por favor...

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 05:36 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 116 Likes on 84 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by TheStig
you are a jackass, its the truth, I'm sick of your whining about me. You bring up my political position, not to mention give me no valid reason for demanding to change my avatar. Who do you think you are seriously? I offered my apology and you push it back in my face. I'm not even going to post one more thing to argue with you on my thread about my starter not one.

Sam's right this is a really worthwhile issue to discuss between us. I'm sorry but i have better things to do than to argue with a person who is too stubborn to be mature and accept an apology and a chance to mend anything. And I'm not going to let you stand in my way on this board either. This conversation is over. And talk about starters for a future tech reference continues.

Andy
Thank you! You just proved my point. I may be a jackass, and you may be the nicest guy but you will never get any help from me, and I think a many other members of this community feel the same way, and expressed their dissatisfaction with you through silence in this thread.

I didn't demand anything! I simply asked you to prove that you care by showing the slightest respect for the feelings of others.

As far as your starter goes, too many guys on this board have in my opinion been way too nice to you considering how little you care about others.
Originally Posted by Rich Sandor
Both of you said you'd leave, and you are both still here!!! Get along or get lost!!!

I did, for over a month! With the appointment of a moderator I came back with the firm belief things will change for the better.
Old 07-23-2004, 05:42 PM
Dmitry S.
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

When you put the new starter in I suggest you put some di-electric grease on it, to make sure the connections don't rust again.
Old 07-23-2004, 05:44 PM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 62 Posts

Hey does anyone know if the cables going from the starter to the battery are easy to remove? The larger cable has the most corrosion on it and I'm thinking of replacing it as a part of the work to do on the starter. Perhaps this will be the ultimate cure too. If anyone has replaced it let me know. I am also thinking of just getting some long low gauge battery cable to make my own starter ground cable.

Andy
Old 07-23-2004, 05:47 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It's just a message board. we shouldn't be getting so worked up about things. Tom, if you don't like TheStig, put him on your IGNORE list and leave it at that. Don't throw sh*t at the fan Tom!!! :roflamo:

Again, you have the option to make things easier but you instead insist others change things to suit you!

Old 07-23-2004, 05:47 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

IIRC Iceshark uses 4 gauge multistrand wire, and from the way it looks it is far superior to anything you could build. They are not cheap, but a vast improvement over OEM. I gotta get me a set of those Iceshark grounds as soon as I can afford them.
- nothing but the highest praise from everyone who has installed them.

EDIT- I risked trying to get this back ON topic.. It may be too late
Old 07-23-2004, 05:51 PM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh boy. You guys are just making this fun for me.
Let's do it this way. You can both argue a name call with private messages or AIM or whatever. Let's drop it right here. One more flaming post and I'll delete the thread.
I think everyone here would rather read something constructive. Why don't both of you go back and delete the flaming posts. I could do it but I shouldn't have to.
Let's put this to bed, ok?

BTW, nice to see you again Tom.
Old 07-23-2004, 05:53 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 116 Likes on 84 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by Rich Sandor
It's just a message board. we shouldn't be getting so worked up about things. Tom, if you don't like TheStig, put him on your IGNORE list and leave it at that. Don't throw sh*t at the fan Tom!!! :roflamo:

Again, you have the option to make things easier but you instead insist others change things to suit you!

I agree, and I did.
I just couldn't stay away when I saw a troll that was such a dik to so many from the community suddenly needed help. Please help, oh Im soo sorry. HA, what a phony.

I'm sure the caliber of the board will rise agian. Probably is a good time now to get lost till the next inconsiderate troll surfaces.
Old 07-23-2004, 05:59 PM
Mongo
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Iceshark is a genious. I'm still dreaming of putting his headlights on my car. A wirekit from Ice will definitely be on my to-do list later. I'm sure its worth EVERY PENNY

Andy
Old 07-23-2004, 06:55 PM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Tom R. and Stig, you have PM's.

Nothing to see here folks, move along.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:07 PM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

Sorry for not reading the 4 pages of posts (busy right now, on short break from work). I apologize if this has already been stated yet.

"It used to have an issue where you kicked the floor board dead pedal to get it started. NOW, it won't start at all even after the alternator charges my NEW BATTERY."

The starter motor is directly under the dead pedal as are the wires that connect it. If they have bad contact (i.e. loose connections) kicking the dead pedal hard will bring them in contact and allow you to start the car. I suggest jacking up the left side and crawling under there. My guess is that the solenoid-to-motor contact is inop due to a lossened nut on the post.
Best of luck, Andy... and welcome "back" to the Rennlist
Old 07-23-2004, 07:12 PM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

....well ****, I see it's been taken care of for the most part (except for the drama). I'll go back and read about it later:P
Old 07-23-2004, 07:15 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Also, cleaning the posts and connections at the starter should take you lieterally 15 minutes. Two 13 mm nuts and one phillips screw

just do that first, no biggie.. dont bother replacing wires yet.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:23 PM
Mongo
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

There's so much rust on that starter I seriously need a tetanus shot just looking at it I say I replace the whole works and scrub the hell outta connections...maybe I'll light it on fire again since its going to be replaced (read my previous thread about what happened) :P

Andy
Old 07-23-2004, 07:26 PM
Mongo
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FSAEracer03
Best of luck, Andy... and welcome "back" to the Rennlist

Please don't welcome me back until you see the red banner under my name Then you will know I'm officially back.

Andy

Quick Reply: best night tonight became the worst read please and help por favor...