Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best night tonight became the worst read please and help por favor...

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 04:39 AM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 62 Posts
Default best night tonight became the worst read please and help por favor...

Ok what i thought was going to be a great night turned out to be the worst night of my damn life. I pick up on a girl, get her number and then next thing you know she's helping with 3 guys on crotchrockets pushing my ****ing car to pop start it!

The lights are on everything works but the damn starter. It used to have an issue where you kicked the floor board dead pedal to get it started. NOW, it won't start at all even after the alternator charges my NEW BATTERY. Help I have given up on this starter what should i do? is it the starter itself or is it the cables that have rust on them? Please any assistance available is greatly needed on this post... Thank you...

Andy
Old 07-23-2004, 05:05 AM
schnellfahrer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the starter turn at all?
Old 07-23-2004, 05:19 AM
Dlefko
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check yo grounds.
Old 07-23-2004, 05:39 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Haha, you just met her and already you've got her pushing your car. I think you're doing just fine. . .

Old 07-23-2004, 07:03 AM
Hans
Burning Brakes

Andy:
_If the engine crancks but wont start: probably DME relais, although there can be other causes as well
- if you turn the key and hear a click, nothing else: starter. do a search, this came up at least 3 times last week.
- If you hear no click: solenoid or possibly the electric part of the key switch

I the country I am in it is illegal to have girls working for you....

TakeCare
Old 07-23-2004, 08:35 AM
schnellfahrer
Addict
Rennlist Member

I had only the click when I turned the key. Thought it was the starter or bad grounds but turned out to be a bad battery; PO had hardly driven the car for 2 years. Charged the battery for a couple of days. Voila!
Old 07-23-2004, 09:48 AM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

try 3 things..

Take all cables and wires off solonoid (on starter) and the ground off teh bakc of the engine... sand them all down so they are clean (sand where the cables connect too!)

Try tapping pretty hard around the starter solonoid (dont break it :P )

Open up starter, look for anything broken, blow air through get clutch dust out.... try testing it on bench

Oh yeah and a 4th.. take volt meter. Check by grounding to starter body, and checking the terminal where positive cable comes in (the big ones)to the solonoid. Make sureu theres about 12v coming there. Then check with someone turning the key to ignition part (all the way) if you get 12v coming to the terminal on the solonoid that has the wire going into the starter body, only when the key is turned to starting it. If not, check the voltage coming to the small wire that goes to a screw, when the key is turned, there shouldu be voltage coming when the key is turned there. Listen for if it clicks when the key is turned.

If no voltage at the positive terminal - something is wrong with your cable from the battery.

If no voltage when key turned at the terminal that has the wire going to starter.. then solonoid is bad.

If no voltage at the small wire/screw on the solonoid when key turned, something wrong with ignition switch. and or wiring, or fuse.

Good luck!
Old 07-23-2004, 09:49 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 116 Likes on 84 Posts
Thumbs down

After what you wrote when I asked for a favor, and since you are to cheap to pay for a membership because you don't get the value, I will do like you preached and protect my constitutional rights and using your own words, help you "when my sh*t turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbert."
Old 07-23-2004, 09:51 AM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Hey tom.. I thought y ou had left the list for a while?
Old 07-23-2004, 09:52 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom R.
After what you wrote when I asked for a favor, and since you are to cheap to pay for a membership because you don't get the value, I will do like you preached and protect my constitutional rights and using your own words, help you "when my sh*t turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbert."

Nice to see you back Tom.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:53 AM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

OK so I actually noticed something right for once.. Yipeee! Great to have you back Tom...

Noone can survive without rennlist...
Old 07-23-2004, 09:54 AM
Kevin Baker
Drifting

Hey Tom, yes good to see you posting again. I thought Stig was leaving due to the fact that he couln't post to the OT forums anymore.....................
Old 07-23-2004, 09:54 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,254 Posts

C'mon Stig, we all konw the "real" story.

The Stig:
"Oh no, my car won't start, guess we are stuck here together until help arrives......"

The girl:
"No problem, I'll call some of my buds!"

The Stig to himself:
"F*CK!!"

Good job playin it up having the group try and do a push start. Isn't posting a thread with the story going a bit overboard? Does she read Rennlist or something?
Old 07-23-2004, 09:57 AM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

lol... well..

When my starter wasnt workin, i rolled my car down my driveway, popped the clutch in 4th and it started.. and then i drove to bowling , parked at the top of the parking lot.. when we came out we pushed it down the hill jumped in and did the same to start it...

End of my nice story. :P I"m ruining the image of 944's across teh country!
Old 07-23-2004, 10:00 AM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

I see tom still holds a grudge....
why dont you come back for good.
I spose you saw what happened the last couple days........I'm still here.

Quick Reply: best night tonight became the worst read please and help por favor...