Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lots of New People Lately - Let's do a "Get To Know Each Other" Post For New & Old!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 08:17 PM
ribs
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Name: Rich Siomporas

Non-Porsche Related Hobbies: Writing, playing, and recording music, digital audio recording, computer nerd, turboing a 1st gen MR2

Porsche Genesis: I used to be obsessed with transformers until I was about 7, and my 3 favorite autobots were sunstreak (yellow countach), Jazz (white 935), and Cliffjumper (Red 944), so it had always been a dream of mine to have one of those cars.

How I found Out About Rennlist: Shortly after acquiring my 951 in early 2000, I began looking at tuners for hooking it up, and I called a few of them, one of them being Huntley Racing, and Derek told me "he shouldn't do this, but go look at rennlist.com's web forum and see what people think of the various tuners".

And this is me the day I got my diploma in the mail (if you look real hard, it says *** laude on there somewhere):
Old 07-23-2004, 08:26 PM
silverBean
Burning Brakes

Name: Stefano Gracia
Occupation: Full time student and work at KFC, (hey, it pays for parts!)
Non-porsche hobbies: Been playing guitar for nearly 5 years now. I wrestle as well, for abotu 6 or 7 years now
Porsche Genesis: I was watching monster garage one day and saw the 944 that they turned into a golf ball cannon! I just saw jesse tear up the road and grass, i thought it kicked ***. Then my camaro was destroyed by someone in an S-10 and the car hunt began...
Rennlist: A fellow porsche enthusiast named cary who goes to my favorite coffee shop. One day i saw his 928 S and just started talking to him.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:06 PM
Steveody
AutoX

Name: Steve Ody

Hobbies: Computers & Cars is pretty much what i spend my freetime on.

Porsche Genesis: When I was about 10 years old my best-friend's dad had a 911 that I fell in love with. Bought my first Porsche when I was 17 (1981 924 Turbo). Sold it after some old man in a truck merged right into the driver side on the freeway destroying most of the door. I have purchased 2 944's since then, both of which I still own. (one is a parts car now)

How i found Rennlist: Found it while searching the web.

-Steveo
1984 Porsche 944
1983 Porsche 944 (parts)
Old 07-23-2004, 09:19 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last edited by MPD47; 08-27-2009 at 03:06 AM.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:49 PM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Brian Welsh
Sales.

Hobbies: I have a broad base of diversions from rugby to photography. Formerly involved in triathlons and marathons until my thyroid quit. I love fishing (have an offshore charter tomorrow, planning on 60-70 miles offshore run). I also like to hunt (birds), and have two labs and a pointer.

Porsche genesis: I was a slow starter. Came very close to buying an '87 928S4 in '93, but was put off by excessive gear noise. I then tried an '89 944, and was put off by the lack of power. In '98 was working with two people that had 944's, and I decided to look again. Bought an '85.5 944, drove the death out of it for a year and was firmly hooked. Bought an '87 951 in '99, sold it when I bought a house, then got the '89 951 in '02.

How I found rennlist: I finally joined the PCA in '03, and was working a corner in the club race with the club's VP, and he pushed me to check out the 'list. Pretty much been here ever since.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:01 PM
cantresjr
Addict
Rennlist Member

Name: Jorge Cantres
Occupation: Flight engineer, USAF(well Air National Guard, we're all bluesuiters) and Weather Observer at the Airport

Hobbies: SCUBA, racing, partying, motorcycles, traveling, anything that gets the adrenaline pumping

Porsche genesis: it was my fathers fault( i swear). he had a 356b, 911 sc, 930, and the 951 i own now

How i found rennlist: I think it was thru Guru's website
Old 07-23-2004, 10:43 PM
pearldrum944
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 14 Posts

jeez...just when I think I have my car just how I want it I see all of these pics you guys posted, very nice cars...to pretty much everyone here!
Old 07-23-2004, 11:28 PM
DanD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I blame JohnD that my handicap went to crap...

Name: Dan Dalen

Hobbies: Cars, Autocross, Track, Golf, Computers, running Church Sound system (Yamaha DM1000), wife and son

Porsche Genesis: I was once a 4 handicap golfer. I'm so bad now that I don't even carry a handicap. It's all John Dunkle's fault. If I never found Porsche Fans and then after evauluating the 911, 928, 944 and 914, finding my nitch and then becoming totally hooked on the porsche craze.. Oh, I don't have to tell you guys anything, you're here too. I've owned 3 944 turbos, still own 2. I'm responsible for my 17 year old son getting hooked on this as well. He has a 914 that is getting a SBC transplant.

How i found Rennlist: Rolled over from PorscheFans (yup, been around a long time)

Bottom line, I would be driving a Camaro if it weren't for Rennlist.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:45 PM
fezz
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Name: Joe Monico

Non-Porsche Related Hobbies: architecture, technology, fast boats, dirt bikes, golf, bass fishing, long-range competetive rifle shooting, collecting U.S. military firearms, computers, and raising my two young children to have self-esteem, self-confidence and a profound love for their country.

Porsche Genesis: sat in my first porsche at age 19. It was in a Volkswagen/Audi warehouse where my buddy was a night watchman - 924, if i recall. Soon after, drove my girlfriend's stepdad's 1980 928 for a short run to the convienent store - loved it. At 25, a buddy and I neary leased (when leasing first hit the marketplace) matching 944's in India Red, with cliford alarms and Blaupunkt radios. Nine months ago and nearly 20 years later, i get a bug up my ***, no more new cars - i'm buying an old porsche - i'm gonna get that 944.

How I found Out About Rennlist: Surfin' the net right after buying the car, trying to find anything porsche.
Old 07-24-2004, 12:15 AM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Name: Mike Markota

Occupation: Student/Apprientance at bodyshop and European Car garage oh yeah and a high school student

Non-Porsche Related Hobbies: Playing drums, bass, guitar, and trombone. Was in a hardcore band till last month when I let my brother take my place...they are now signed and on tour! Working on my other car (a Chyrsler Conquest Tsi), camping, and flying (Solo'ed..have 155 hours)

Porsche Genesis: My mom bought the 944 before I was born (Brand new!) and also bought a 1997 993 Turbo brand new (sold it 1.5 years ago) and I've loved cars from the day I was born! She taught me how to drive standard when I was 10 years old! Sadly her and I dont get along anymore but she is the reason I am SICKLY obbsessed with Porsche anything- but I concentrate on waterpumpers!

How I found out about Rennlist: Surfin the net when I was little seeing how much 944s were...and I saw Porschelist..then Rennlist (I WAS YOUNG! 12 or 13!) and lurked for awhile then registered in July/August 2001.
Old 07-24-2004, 12:17 AM
RI951
Instructor

Name: Pat Hambly

Hobbies: 2 boats, saltwater fishing, lots 'o guns, skiing, workin' on the castle, updating my P-car.

Porsche Genesis: I was parking cars at a country club in high school when the 944 first came out. We got alot of really cool cars, but my buddy and I would fight for the 944's. Also, I remember to this day the cover of Road and Track featuring a black 924 turbo with add-on flares. That car would haunt me for a long time. Then, when I started working at my current power plant, a co-worker told me his wife had a black 1986 944 turbo, I knew it would be mine someday. And only 8 years later, it was. With only 23,000 miles on it! That was last September...

Rennlist: Not sure how I found it. Didn't take long. Sent my dues in the next day.
Old 07-24-2004, 12:22 AM
jeeper31
Race Car

Name: Dan Fishkind

Hobbies: Biking (mountain and Road), Playing guitar, tennis and having fun.

Porsche Genesis: Always loved the 944. Friend got a 924 when we were just out of high school and was so jealous. Would pass a red 944 every morning on way to school and drooled over it..

Last edited by jeeper31; 07-24-2004 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-24-2004, 12:28 AM
Jerad
Pro

Name: Jerad Dennis

Hobbies: golf and anything including Porsches

Porsche Genisis: It all started my Sophomore year in college when Micah Jones moved in with me. After seeing that old 83 of his and hearing the rumble of that puppy everytime he pulled up I just had to have one. That next summer I started the search and after looking at 6-7 cars I found the one. It was an 84 guards/black with about 60k miles in very good shape. I only had it for a few months before an engine took it out of commision. That next spring I started the search for the replacement when I drove Sam Grant's 951 and I just had to have a turbo. I bought my 86 about a year ago and have not looked back since.

How I found Rennlist: Micah told me to visit the site. I lurked for about six months and did a lot of research before I registered.
Old 07-24-2004, 01:12 AM
eman930
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Name- Dave

Location- NEW HAVEN, CT

Occupation- Toyota Tech, Student

Age- 21

Hobbies- Tuning Cars, Driving fast, gym, Clubs, Bars, girls, Trying to start own business

Porsche Genisis- at 16 years old was looking for a project car, found my 87 924S in a junk yard for $800, AT the time didnt know much about Porsche, rebuilt the engine and restored the car, Fell in love with it and have loved it ever since.

Rennlist- Long time Pelican member, found rennlist was better, still learning alot
Old 07-24-2004, 02:00 AM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Name- Dan

Location- Adrian, MI

Occupation- Ferris State Student Computer Network Major

Age- 22

Hobbies- Porsches, women, computers, home theater equipment, biking, working out

Porsche Genisis- Ever since I was little I have always loved fast cars. When I was growing up the Lamborghini Countach and Porsche 928 were my most favorite cars. For all my single digit birthdays all my family members knew what to get me, either a model Porsche or a model Lamborghini. When I was 8 years old the only thing I wanted for my birthday was to go to a Porsche dealership, my dad gave in and finally took me and a few other buddies of mine, we had a great time and even have pictures of us climbing on the 911's (eeek i was young didnt know better) to get good pictures.
I have peaked around on rennlist since early 99' I believe I found it on a search engine. When i was in highschool all i could think about was a 944 Porsche of some kind while all my other friends wanted 5.0L Mustangs. I asked my parents that the 86 MR2 they gave me was falling apart and if I could get a Porsche they merely laughed at me. When asked if I could purchase one with my own money same thing, and said "Porsches are grown up toys"... anyways to make a long story short I went ahead and created a secert bank account that I called project 951 and within 2 years I had enough money to pay cash for my first 951. The day I went to pick it up I was so scared because I didn't tell me parents that I was buying a car and I also knew they were totally against the idea. To make a long story short I met a few buddies at wal-mart to give rides in the new car, well my mom came driving up in her Jeep and saw me in my new Porsche, to say the least she was not happy and told me to go straight home. On the way home I made a stop at my grandmas house to show her the car guess who comes rolling up behind me, my father of all people, he asked me where I got the car, I said I just bought it, he didnt even say word to me, he hoped right back in his car and left... thats when I knew I was dead... When i got home my parents made sure the car was not stolen, and begin to ask me about the car. My dad asked if he could take it out and after he was done with the drive he said "Maybe I should get one of these" The look on his face was priceless... My mom said he acted like he was kid again back in college.

Quick Reply: Lots of New People Lately - Let's do a "Get To Know Each Other" Post For New & Old!!!