Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for 944 guys with Vented Nose Panels

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 07:59 PM
rage2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your car has a cone air filter and stock AFM, the vented nose panel helps greatly in taking in cold air, reducing heat soak in traffic.

Here's mine, hammered out by a local bodyshop.

Old 07-22-2004, 08:07 PM
josephsc
Race Car

Location: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dan, clear your inboxes! (Already full?)

Okay, so here's the scoop (after all the dust has cleared).

I'm picking up a 931 vented nose panel for Porsche-O-Phile tomorrow from PartsHeaven in San Francisco. I was hoping to find a second one from them or another source, but that's not happening They only have the one -- if they had more, that would have been great.... It costs only $150 including the black vent thingies, if and when they have them.

So.... I'm sure you can borrow it from Porsche-O-Phile (well, I guess you should contact him once he receives it) to take measurements (or he can, or I can, or whatever)... He works in Glendale, so near you!

One potential wrinkle is that I'm going to be out of town starting next Wednesday -- so we might have coordination problems -- but one way or another, we'll get the measurements for you.
Old 07-23-2004, 01:06 AM
Dan in Pasadena
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joseph - Thanks. Just cleaned out my mailbox - sorry. As I said before, out of town this weekend but I could easily meet up with him next week sometime. I'll drop him a PM (if I can figure out how) and make arrangements. Thanks for your help.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:54 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by josephsc
Dan, clear your inboxes! (Already full?)

Okay, so here's the scoop (after all the dust has cleared).

I'm picking up a 931 vented nose panel for Porsche-O-Phile tomorrow from PartsHeaven in San Francisco. I was hoping to find a second one from them or another source, but that's not happening They only have the one -- if they had more, that would have been great.... It costs only $150 including the black vent thingies, if and when they have them.

So.... I'm sure you can borrow it from Porsche-O-Phile (well, I guess you should contact him once he receives it) to take measurements (or he can, or I can, or whatever)... He works in Glendale, so near you!

One potential wrinkle is that I'm going to be out of town starting next Wednesday -- so we might have coordination problems -- but one way or another, we'll get the measurements for you.

If you guys do a search on the 951 forum, there are two posts regarding vent measurements to replicate the panel for a 951. I supplied all of the measurements necessary to NZ951 for this, along with photos/diagrams (from my 931 panel). I currently do not have that info on this compute, it's on one of my other machines.

Quick Reply: Question for 944 guys with Vented Nose Panels