Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FINALLY someone said it...

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 12:52 AM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default FINALLY someone said it...

ok anyone who is interested in the hummer h2, likes it, owns it, hates it, is indifferent to it, or let alone just knows what it is for that matter should read this... http://www.fuh2.com/ thank god finally someone put it in writing...

o ya and hi everyone im back from my trip to india and dubai thought i'd say what's up...

jake
Old 06-24-2004, 12:59 AM
sharky47
Set to Full-Auto
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 67 Posts

Ok, I can't stand all these anti-SUV *****, but I have to agree - the H2 is the biggest piece of **** to come out of America in a long time. I love the H1, it does exactly what it was designed to do, and very well I might add. The H2 is a big, ugly piece of plastic/metal dropped on a GM truck frame with ALOT of interior and misc. pieces pulled from the parts shelf. Everything that made the H1 such an awesome vehical is non-existent in the H2, and it gets HORRIBLE gas mileage to boot. I just don't understand it.
Old 06-24-2004, 01:02 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

H2- its no audi all road!
Old 06-24-2004, 01:05 AM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

o im not a suv ****...the cayenne is tight...haha but naw i like a lot of suvs...but ya the h2 is a piece of **** no matter what...
Old 06-24-2004, 01:05 AM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess you don't like my Navigator either ???? it gets about 14mpg at best.

I am sure there are plenty of kids cruising around every night in there econo cars using more gas than I do.

For that matter what about those of us who take our cars to the track and waste gallons of gas for fun????

As long as it is legal to buy these vehicles, you have no right to tell me or anybody else what they can drive and how much gas they can use.

These are of course just my opinions.
Old 06-24-2004, 01:07 AM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know sharky, I'm no big fan of folks vandalizing other peoples' SUVs or whatever, but come on, have a real reason to own one. Driving your kids to soccer is not a reason to own an SUV. Driving around a horse trailer or a lot of equipment might be, but don't get one as a status symbol or grocery getter.
Old 06-24-2004, 01:18 AM
FormulaOne10
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How bout we move this useless website post over to the Off-Topic forum. What a BS website, they are just jealous of other people. Maybe people should give me a f*%& you when they see me because of all that gas I burn on the racetrack. I would never own an H2, its totally impractical, but some people will never own a racecar either. Read what some people say about H2 drivers they don't even know...its amazing. Jealously and contempt of the sucessful in society is a major problem and part of the downfall of this country.

Some of the the stuff there is way off. This guy is a missing a few screws.

First he says that "Under Bush's new tax plan, business owners can deduct the entire cost of their $55,000 H2." Interesting, Bush didn't create this law in his new tax proposal. Its been around since the Clinton era. It was created to help famers purchase heavy trucks at discounted tax rates. Bush only raised the limit on these purchases from $25000 to $100000. Again, this was not intended to boost SUV spending, it was to help small businesses and farmers.

Then he says " The government rewards you more savings for buying an H2 than you'd get for buying an electric car. " And his point is? If you spend more, you should get more of a break. Electric cars tend to be quite a bit cheaper than $60,000. The GM EV1 only went for a little over 30K if I remember correctly. So even with a relatively large tax break on the electric car, its very likely the SUV tax break is going to be more. I guess liberal math works differently, the harder you work for something, the more you should pay for it. Liberalism rewards mediocrity.

Additionally, when this tax is not renewed in the next few years there will be a downward spike in the sales of SUV's. I do agree with this guy in that there is a loophole in the sense that many people are using this law in for a non-intended purpose.
Old 06-24-2004, 03:13 AM
Kelly Chiu
Racer

Is the truck tax credit for one vehicle or a fleet of vehicles? I'm kinda leery about the limit being raised from 25,000 to 100,000, thats allot more than an adjustment for inflation. If a farmer were to use that money to buy a heavy duty truck, wouldn't an adjustment to say only 40kbe more reasonable? A heavy duty stripped down truck without leather, DVD and other luxury items would be well below 40k, both domestic and imported.

100,000 is very high and seems set that hogh so the countryclub folks can squeek in with 65k X5 and 80k Lexus LX470 and the 60k H2.

As for the jealous of other people's success, not jealous at all, just concerned about the safety aspect. I would like to get a smaller car, but have to compromise driving an older volvo simply because in LA the drivers suck AND they have very large cars.
Old 06-24-2004, 03:39 AM
mcavour
Racer

I agree with FormulaOne10, however IMHO the H2 is cool looking, granted it is not a quality vehicle, and really is a POS when it comes to mechanical design... But then again neither is the Hummer anything to write home about. It really is kind a POS also. Trust me when I say, I have some experience on it... It is grossly underpowered, flimsy at best it offers no protection to those onboard. It is very cramped inside, I have more leg/seating room in the 944. Alltogether it was very poorly designed, and the only reason why our military uses it is because of pork! Congress at its best once more... If you research the web you could find HMMWV derivatives that are far better than the original. Granted it can go almost anywhere, but how you get there and whether you do it in one piece is another story.... (OK, rant mode off...)
Old 06-24-2004, 04:36 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

" Alltogether it was very poorly designed, and the only reason why our military uses it is because of pork! Congress at its best once more... If you research the web you could find HMMWV derivatives that are far better than the original."

yeah, but when you have a full-time crew to service the thing every 1000-miles, it's not that big a deal right? So even more pork to hire the maintenance crews....
Old 06-24-2004, 09:22 AM
Eric
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wow, what a brave group of people anonomously(sp) flipping off H2s. I bet the owners are scared.

I do think the H2 is a POS--but that website is just dumb. Wow, I took a picture giving someone the bird as they sped past me and didn't even realize it---what a political statement.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:28 AM
Porsh-uh
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Kelly Chiu
Is the truck tax credit for one vehicle or a fleet of vehicles? I'm kinda leery about the limit being raised from 25,000 to 100,000, thats allot more than an adjustment for inflation. If a farmer were to use that money to buy a heavy duty truck, wouldn't an adjustment to say only 40kbe more reasonable? A heavy duty stripped down truck without leather, DVD and other luxury items would be well below 40k, both domestic and imported.

100,000 is very high and seems set that hogh so the countryclub folks can squeek in with 65k X5 and 80k Lexus LX470 and the 60k H2.

As for the jealous of other people's success, not jealous at all, just concerned about the safety aspect. I would like to get a smaller car, but have to compromise driving an older volvo simply because in LA the drivers suck AND they have very large cars.
Kelly you have missed the scope of the tax credit entirely. It is for purchasing HEAVY EQUIPMENT. Not just trucks. When was the last time you saw someone in the "countryclub crowd" purchase a closed-cab John Deere to haul groceries with?
Old 06-24-2004, 09:36 AM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

More fuel to the fire.

There are currently 120 of these hulking behemoths on e-bay ranging from 70 to 25 large (The reserves average about 41K- dont bother looking for a bargain) with NO tax credit for the second owner.

I just dont get the purpose of such a vehicle for the public.
It's the whole "Look how much I can spend to drive something completely impractical" attatude that get me. If you are in a crash with this damn thing YOU LOSE. Plain and simple. I'd love to see a premium assessed to insurance covering accidental deaths caused by these tupperwaren trucks and huge SUV's.

Oh, for my opinion- I think the whole idea is stupid. Talk about a virtual pee-pee extension.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:03 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Scientists have developed a serum to reduce methane gas in burping sheep, cows and other ruminants to combat global warming, a German magazine reported on Monday.

The Hanover-based monthly Technology Review will report in its July issue that Andre-Denis Wright, a molecular biologist at Australia's CSIRO Institute, has found a vaccine that reduced the methane emissions of sheep by eight percent.

Sheep produce 20 grams of methane each day, or seven kg per year, the magazine with 80,000 subscribers reported. Cows produce about 114 kg per year of methane (CH4) -- a gas 21 times more powerful as a greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide, the main gas blamed for driving up temperatures.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:14 AM
Porsh-uh
Burning Brakes

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD... I am so sick of this BS about the "Greenhouse Effect." It's a myth, plain and simple. There is no evidence to support the theory at all. It's a lot more likely that the rise in the average global temprature is due to us coming out of an ice age.

How does this BS get through to people? The avg. global temp has been rising at the same rate since BEFORE the car was EVEN INVENTED. Ugh...

/rant off

Sorry... probably my biggest pet peeve

Quick Reply: FINALLY someone said it...