Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People in the NE ohio area

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 11:29 PM
BlackKnight44
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People in the NE ohio area

Alright looking for members in the northeast ohio area, I live in mentor ohio, which is about 20 miles east of cleveland. Hopefully there's someone out here that could help me find a good 944 for me to purchase, someone that knows a few things about these cars.
Old 05-31-2004, 11:38 PM
BlackKnight44
Intermediate

come on...there's gotta be someone...
Old 06-01-2004, 12:15 AM
BlackKnight44
Intermediate

bump
Old 06-01-2004, 12:25 AM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

dan (as in 944 fest dan) lives up yer way. there is another 944 guy in akron i believe. im in cowlumbus.

i know of a guy with an 84 or 85 for sale, thats in pretty damn good shape, low miles, all maintenence is current, has tan interior, new style dash (not cracked either), and metalic burgundy-ish color. he wants somthing he can turn into a 924gt lemans style car, and this one is too nice for him to tear into. i believe he wants about 6.. The owner is a real car guy, who knows how to drive and how to take care of cars. this isnt some car a teenage kid drove hard and put away wet, but a well maintained, very nice 944 na.

if you want i can get his info to give to you. (i should say he is a friend of a friend)
Old 06-01-2004, 08:24 AM
BlackKnight44
Intermediate

please give me some info...sounds perfect for me.

and no teen comments...i'm a teen and I take care of my cars better then most 40 year olds. At least I don't buy a porsche because of its status symbol (this is a trait that's associated w/ a lot of older fellas too). So cut the teen comments down a bit...
Old 06-01-2004, 09:12 AM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not bashing, just consistent lately with 944 PO's. I have noticed more and more of these cars currently for sale were once nice examples that have been thrashed and trashed in under a year by a current younger owner.. I'm generalizing as well, just my experience.
and dont want anything to do with PM (or let alone want PM stands for)-

I'm sure Harry meant no ill will, He acts older than he is-

I've always take care of my cars - Most people here do as well. If a "younger" enthusiast is out there they are already getting their hands dirty. I know of several sub 20 yo owners who have wholeheartedly embraced these cars.

Good Luck in your search.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:22 AM
nineeagles
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was an 84 or 85 in Smithton, Pa. a while ago (winter)....it is at a boneyard called Maroney's Foreign Cars.....they had just done the head and belts I believe. The car might not still be there but it looked like a good example....black on black with Fuch wheels.....needs some work.....its about 15 miles south of New Stanton, Pa....(Pa Turnpike exit)
Old 06-01-2004, 02:49 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

i meant no ill will with the comment, i was just trying to let you know that this car was very well taken care of, and not a beater.

Ill call my buddy tonight and get his friends email contact info for you.
Old 06-01-2004, 03:49 PM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 206 Likes on 134 Posts

Welcome Black Night.. Dan P here, I'm over on the West side of CLE, I know a few 944 guys on the east side, but none have cars for sale. What are you looking for... turbo or NA, what year price range, etc? It seems there are a ton of 944s for sale out there both on Autotrader and Cars.com. Make sure to get a PPI! (probably Steinels Autowerks for you!)
Old 06-01-2004, 05:46 PM
BlackKnight44
Intermediate

hey Dan P...nice to hear from someone that lives near me....next wed. i'm out of school, maybe you could come out to madison to see this 944 project car...I might not give up the idea yet, but if someone who knows something about these cars could check it out...I would feel better about my decision....

...and i understand that a lot of teens beat their cars, i admit...i killed my honda (89 pos civic...but someone's gotta have a beater as their first car)...i got it w/ 200K on it...so i decided to completely kill the car. I got it for 350, and it was just something till I saved up enough for an A4....then i put 4K down on the A4 and took out a 5K loan for it...(thanks parents for having good credit and helping me on that one)....I owe about 3.5K on the loan, and If I can sell the A4 for about 10K (i got a hell of a deal b/c there was a "problem" with it...just turns out the past owner was 10K miles overdue for a timing belt change) I can pay off the loan and have around 5-7K to get a 944 with.

I love these cars so much since driving my friend's 944, but he rescently died in a car crash along w/ his 944 (70% totaled then the insurance co stoped counting)...it sucked a lot, and he was my best friend...and I want to kind of get one half b/c its 10 times better then the audi, and because of his memory...

So to answer dan's question...I want a car between 5-7K, great running condition, lower miles, is reliable during the winter months, owned by someone who loved the car as much as i'll love it, and if I could I'd love a red on black just like my friend's car....it would also be great if I could go to a track...but I know of nothing but tompson around here...i'd much rather have a road course or a road rally set up...

sry this is long...
Old 06-01-2004, 05:47 PM
BlackKnight44
Intermediate

what's a PPI?
Old 06-01-2004, 06:05 PM
Mike1982
Drifting

PPI is a Pre-porsche-inspection. I live just here in Akron, you can always hit me up at Michael_Radak@hotmail.com if you need someone to go look at a car with you. I would say for the price range you are looking at a 944 or 944 S. If you got a turbo in that low price I would think the person didn't keep up with it, as well as an S2. But let me know when you get one, I would like to take a trip up there and see the car either way.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:27 PM
BlackKnight44
Intermediate

hey mike...akron isn't too far from madison is it? Do you know where McMackin road is? my friend lives on that street, and the porsche is in the area. Maybe we could meet halfway so you could see the project car i'm thinking of getting...when i'm off school...and if you have time or if you even want to come looking...

-Spence
Old 06-01-2004, 07:20 PM
Tony K
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clevelander here - East side! :)

Hey Spence, and everyone else in NE Ohio -

I spend my weekends in Cleveland and would like to meet all of you. Spence - I am very busy, but would like to help you whenever I have time. If you want to check out my car for pointers, let me know.

I can't stand people who "mickey mouse" cars - if you are the type whose first thought is to "mod" the car without even having the experience of ownership, then please never buy a Porsche....however, if you understand the value of a proper car with all of its systems in good working order and why often-overlooked parts like heat shields, rubber bits, and electrical sensors are important, then I'll help you in any way I can.

PM or email me. All of you Cleveland folks...

Cheers,

Tony K.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:34 PM
Mike1982
Drifting

Spence, you have a IM.

Quick Reply: People in the NE ohio area