Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My post to Pablo on Bimmerforums

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 08:44 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally posted by Eyal 951
hey guys! some of the stuff on his car that we dont like is our own fault. I searched his other two posts on Rennlist... they were both questions, one about the B&B headers! each only recieved one weak responce! what help we were to him! no wonder he hasn't been around getting advice from us!

https://rennlist.com/forums/search.p...earchid=347874

~Eyal
I never saw those and I'm on here all the time. 3 posts in a year......

I recommend bumping weak responses.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:04 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I imagine not many replied as no one uses the BB exhaust (that I am aware of), so not many would have had an experience based opinion.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:24 PM
v944god
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let the man NZ951 say what he wants to say, the guy has the freedom to comment on things he doesn't like, so lay off his back.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:40 PM
badass951
Three Wheelin'

Angry

I hate threads like this. Stick to the facts and stop bickering.

Old 05-25-2004, 09:42 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by badass951
I hate threads like this. Stick to the facts and stop bickering.

True!! Vader fianlly gets noticed on this board and this is what greets him.

Pablo,
Keep posting here. Most members do want to read what you have to tell us.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:11 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

pablo, are plans completly secret, or can you reveal a dollar amount you plan pn spending on the car?
~Eyal
Old 05-26-2004, 07:41 PM
v944god
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think its a bit too much publicity for our cars.

I like to keep these cars a secret, so I don't have to compete with others when it comes down to buying
Old 05-26-2004, 07:45 PM
rage2
Three Wheelin'

Man, you guys should be GLAD that someone is testing all these useless big bucks little gains products. I went through it all years ago. Upgrading from basic chips to the Autothority $1999 MAF system that gave me barely any more power and added drivability problems. I would've saved so much money building my car to today's specs if somebody went and did everything that I did first so I can copy what works.

Any newbie 951 modder reading the EC articles will know that exhausts don't do much. Hard pipes don't do much. Heat shields don't do much. If I wrote an article on what I found have worked, people will copy it and still buy the other crap to get more power. At least starting off with the crappy stuff, they'll know what NOT to buy.

BTW Pablo, if you're reading, I made 460whp with stock headers, stock exhaust (no cat), stock hard pipes, stock intercooler, and no heat shields. Feel free to turn that boost up anytime... just make sure you can manage your fuel and timing .
Old 05-26-2004, 09:37 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Rage,
Do you have a website? I'd love to see some info on your build.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:04 PM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

Default Re: Hello there...

Originally posted by VADR 951
No need to wait on BF. Besides, I searched and found no post with an attention to me.
so what does everyone want to hear? the truth? that I'm screwing around with this project? that it's really my wife's car and that I never drive it nor even care for it? that I actually enjoyed driving around at a locked 7.5psi for a period of a month while I knew how much power was on tap?

First I will say this, I respect people in forums and speak to them as I would face-to-face. Second, yes we've moved on since those low-boost days and have a lot of new things on the car--it doesn't look quite the same and I like it better. Looks a little less aggressive than what you've been seeing. Some people will like it, some will not--so be it as it is with all project cars; I'm used to it. I've had people tell me the M3 is the worst thing ever, I'd had people tell me it's their favorite car ever, and so it goes. It's totally expected.

I've learned from a few good people online but more in a private setting vs. the forums for the simple reason that people as a group just get too carried away. Look at how many people are so caught up in me calling it my wife's car (which it sort of isn't but big deal). And then God forbid I test some things from PP. If you don't like PP stuff don't buy it, simple as that, no? Look at how many people get caught up in the boost I used when testing a couple of products for gains and/or losses. I showed them, no one knew what they would be. Yet no one cares because it was at too low of a boost level anyways.
Few reasons why it was at that boost level: 1) I was stuck with it for a month so either I waited or got moving with the project so the next stuff wouldn't take 2 more months to get published---after all it was just parts testing. 2) on a loading dyno, testing a certain load at a certain rpm is a whole different ball game vs. a one-gear rip to redline, and I thought I made that clear. You can blow your own motor if you want to hold a 4th gear pull for 20+ seconds under load at 6000rpm in any higher boost if you wish. 3) it's the power level that near-stock 951s are making on that particular dyno at that shop, so it was the best and easiest way of showing power gains/losses from simply that exhaust system, nothing else.
For the record, I'll say this: the Porsche is probably the most enjoyable car I've ever owned. Yes I'm serious about the project, and I take into account any useful information--I'm not one of those guys that thinks he can't use some good ideas from the internet. So for those of you that fit this category, I thank you immensely in advance.
The rest of you that like to hide behind the keyboard with name-calling and what have you, that's all fine. I've got pretty thick skin so it's all good for a laugh. Now, it's late, I just got home and some huge boxes with wheels came in so I'm going to go check them out and talk about them some other day. I think most people will be pleased with the end result of Project 951. If not, too bad. Any questions or comments feel free to email. Good night ya'll!

PS, when the project cars are done, sure I'll test them against each other. If not on print at least on video. Like I've said in another post, the Supra will eat both cars for lunch so I could care less which two will be faster between the M3 or 951. But the M3 isn't quite done either...it's close, .

PS2, nice looking car, Streckfu!
I dont get the luxury of hiding angry comments behind a keyboard because I work at a race shop and have my phone number available to anyone.

If you want to talk about different tuners/options for the project that will yield good results without robbing a bank and may even settle down the guys on this forum feel free to give me a call one day 631-423-0275 or 877-RPM-RCNG not looking for kickbacks or anything just offering to chat about the project since i have been building my own car for a year now, (see avatar picture).

To everyone else: I wouldnt assume right off the bat that he gets paid to use any particular part or any other special treatment, while it may happen sometimes it doesnt always happen. I was helping on a recently aired TV show for Spike TV (52 favorite cars) where we took alot of viewer suggestions and didnt get paid to feature any particular car yet on our forum people insist that we were paid, it was fixed and they even imagine some sort of "bidding war" over placement.

and like i have said from the beginning if pablo DOES use the most expensive parts and not get exciting results it isnt the end of the world, it will help keep the 944 from becoming the next street racer car of choice and keep enthusiasts driving them.
Old 05-27-2004, 12:49 AM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

How much are you looking to get out of your car Dan?
Old 05-27-2004, 01:00 AM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Yeah, Dan, why sellin hte car? How did the shop project fail?

How much ya want for it?
Old 05-27-2004, 01:31 AM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

Originally posted by Mike Markota
Yeah, Dan, why sellin hte car? How did the shop project fail?

How much ya want for it?
the shop project failed because it overheated and nobody cared enough to fix it... it was a joke.

any given car reguardless of what the owner says is for sale if a decent offer is made
Old 05-27-2004, 02:24 AM
rage2
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by streckfu's951
Rage,
Do you have a website? I'd love to see some info on your build.
Not really, but I do have a small thread with details of my current setup:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8970

I mostly post in the 944 Turbo and Turbo S forum, and have been posting the entire history from 2002 when I installed SDS and the big turbo, up until now with the 2.8L motor. Here are a few of those threads...

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...threadid=62366

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...threadid=63186

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...threadid=64063

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...threadid=64809

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...threadid=63316

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...threadid=62090

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...hreadid=128772

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...hreadid=131840
Old 05-27-2004, 11:14 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by ljd-924SC
i will not be renewing my subscription to EC due to the inadequacies of project 951. however, i do not blame pablo for catering to his target audience. this magazine is simply not sophisticated enough for readers like ourselves. i'll probably be shelling out the big bucks for a subscription to GT purely porsche (a UK publication) to better suit my tastes.
I trust you meant 911 & Purely Porsche, because GT & Purely Porsche is far from "sophisticated reading" as Porsche aftermarket mags go. Great photography, though.

Quick Reply: My post to Pablo on Bimmerforums