Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My post to Pablo on Bimmerforums

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 04:43 PM
PCinDC
Rennlist Lifetime Member
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NZ951 whats up with that? Uncalled for and immature (but whats new with that?)...Very un-Rennlist....

I'm not about to spout off how amazing EC's Project 951 is, but folks we have to consider - our cars are at the newest (in the US) 15 years old and are still getting coverage in a major publication that isn't Excellence or Pano. We should be pleased by that alone.

If the project isn't quite what you have hoped, sit tight. You've all seen his M3, give him the benefit of the doubt - the project is just getting off the ground.

It's not your car, and if you are waiting for Pablo to blueprint your next set of mods for you then you should just go and buy a Honda and do whatever Sport Compact Car tells you to. NAWS and Blingin LED's, yo.

As Pablo has stated a few times, this project is just getting off the ground. I would be willing to bet he builds a monster before the end of it, and I'll enjoy the articles until then (even if just to say "My 951 is way more powerful than his.')

Although I have to say Pablo, your numbers of 10-15% charge air temperature increase over ambient is not at all indicative of the heat you will see when you crank up the boost.

Here's what I want to see: a 16v Variocam 3 liter turbo, tec3 or similar EFI, coilover suspension/torsion bar delete and hopefully 450-550 HP on a relatively mild boost level.

Build that and everyone here will shut the hell up and say WOW.
Old 05-25-2004, 05:15 PM
ljd-924SE
Racer

i will not be renewing my subscription to EC due to the inadequacies of project 951. however, i do not blame pablo for catering to his target audience. this magazine is simply not sophisticated enough for readers like ourselves. i'll probably be shelling out the big bucks for a subscription to GT purely porsche (a UK publication) to better suit my tastes.
Old 05-25-2004, 05:50 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Pablo!

Welcome to the rennlist!!!

I am REALLY glad that you are doing this project 951 - BUT - I think it is even more important to everyone on this board that you make the car look GOOD in the magazine. And I don't mean in pictures. I understand the reasons you had for running lower boost - but regardless of whatever reasons you had - please do not report about lower than stock HP numbers in a magazine that many young impressionable kids are reading!!. that is just retarded. I don't know.. maybe it's a blessing in disguise. maybe it will keep ignorant rice boys from buying these cars. I dunno. I just think I would prefer my car to be glorified in a magazine, not de-tuned!!!!

That said, you should use the "Hiding behind a computer" facet of these forums to your advantage. You see, people here will quickly and honestly tell you straight up if you are wasting your time and money with a certain mod. People might not say that face to face to you - but you can expect it here. Use that!!!

Spending a few months reading and absorbing this forum, will seriously open you up to all the mods and money saving routes you can go. You could seriously build a 360rwhp car with a killer suspension for under $5000.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:28 PM
Sam Lin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally posted by 944 Fanatic
NZ951 whats up with that? Uncalled for and immature (but whats new with that?)...Very un-Rennlist....
I agree, comments like that have no place here.

Sam
Old 05-25-2004, 07:51 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, lets crush free speech Sam! Go blow Pablo.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:55 PM
Kurt
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by NZ951
Yeah, lets crush free speech Sam! Go blow Pablo.
Free speech means nothing when one is deliberating demeaning others.
You have a misinformed opinion there.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:05 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Pablo, I won't hide behinf the keyboard. Yes, I have criticized your project. I have so much respect for how you came on here and completly, and maturely responded. (I bet you have experience in that already) And your explaination really justifies SOME of the stuff your doing much better. Of course, most of us are annoyed at the "barely worth it" stuff, to the "not worth it", to the "why?" stuff. But are we the ones getting PAID to write to mod our cars? nope! Of course, do what you want, but please, ask us, and take our collective advice here! It;s really gold! If you want good info, and great mods, Danno (of Guru Racing) is good to talk to. you have Skip (of Paragon Products) here, you have Ian (at 944online) here, you have Travis (of Rennbay) here... plus much more. Danno specializes in the 944 turbo performance area, and is one of our great tuners. Otherwise, I am so very glad to see you here, and hope to see you stick around, whether we like what we hear or not. Again, i respect your responce, and hope to hear more soon!
Welcome to Rennlist!
~Eyal
Old 05-25-2004, 08:05 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Ah, so I can speak freely but in a limited way that does not offend. Does not sound so free after all does it. Paul called me (or my comment) immature, that deliberately demens me. That comment is like. Same logic applies.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:11 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

hey guys! some of the stuff on his car that we dont like is our own fault. I searched his other two posts on Rennlist... they were both questions, one about the B&B headers! each only recieved one weak responce! what help we were to him! no wonder he hasn't been around getting advice from us!

https://rennlist.com/forums/search.p...earchid=347874

~Eyal
Old 05-25-2004, 08:15 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Good work Professor Eyal!
Old 05-25-2004, 08:18 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Pablo, I see your fairly local, would you like me to alert you of any get togethers or runs around here? Also, at Village coffee roaster in Calabasas, there is a weekly event called Euro Sunday, mainly featuring european cars, of course, some subies and such show up as well. Its a good event, and if you would like to come to one, I bet I can get some good stuff happening, possibly even worth mentioning in the mag. I would absolutly love it if you showed off the 951 at Eruo Sunday. Hmmm, Let me talk to Dusty (organizer) and see if We could get something special worked out. what do you think? There WAS quite a modified S4 that showed up every week, but as of sunday, the car will no longer show itself... he had an off, a BIG one. Anyway, you can expect to see ferrari, Porsche, Lotus, Audi, VW, etc there. We may be able to get the XJ220 out there agian, and maybe an enzo too. (Dusty knows people)
~Eyal
P.S. I'm sure you've been through the Malibu mountains, and know of places such as TOW (Top of the World), so if you come out this way with the 951, bring the camera, you may get some decent shots!
Old 05-25-2004, 08:19 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by NZ951
Good work Professor Eyal!
Is that sarcasm? or are you serious?
~Eyal
Old 05-25-2004, 08:27 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Totally serious Eyal! It gives some legitimacy to his position given most people were negative towards him for not being objective and selling out to PP and not using decent tuners etc. Seems he tried to get a Rennlist perspective but no one really cared to comment.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:31 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,234 Likes on 604 Posts

Pablo come back. There is soo much love here to go around!!!
Old 05-25-2004, 08:41 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

Pablo,

First of all....Thank you for finally coming to Rennlist. My last post on Bimmerforum was little less civilized than the earlier posts because I mentioned months ago that you were missing out on a great resource and most of your target audience (the members of Rennlist). Coming here ealier to talk about the project and let the owners of these cars hear from you personally would have prevented many hard feelings. Not that you owe anybody anything but this list has a large number of EC readers.

I know you weren't willing to share specific information that was go into your articles but I was trying to express my views regarding the direction your testing was taking. Some feedback earlier would answered a lot of questions.

As to the choice of venders: There are many here that are/were disappointed in come of your choices for suppliers. Many have dealt with them in the past and could have guided you into a more cost effective way (more for the readers than you) to go about such a project. Much of the dimissal here comes from the choice of PP, as they are not considered a serious source of parts (EXPENSIVE).

Again, welcome to Rennlist (finally) and we hope to hear from you more regarding this project.

Daniel

Quick Reply: My post to Pablo on Bimmerforums