Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What you think?
I'm a dickhead/asshole like he said.
4.11%
I should do his belts for free.
0%
I'm a nice guy and tries to help everyone on rennlist with problems.
26.03%
Don't do it for free.
69.86%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Poll Please about me Semi OT

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 12:06 AM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

wahoo nicely said John...

he has brought order to this thread

Old 05-12-2004, 12:21 AM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

John D.. you are.. My hero..

I have stated categorically before, as I will right now.

If it wasnt for Rennlist and the help, forethought and expertise OF OTHERS it has thankfully provided me in the 6 plus years of my ownership of the 924S - I guarantee you I would be driving a 2 year old Honda Accord right now.

These cars are not easy to work on. There are a ton of minute details to consider with the turn of every tool. I am completely thankful for the people I have met THRU Rennlist- for the final product of Rennlist for me is the smile I get on my face every day I drive it to work.

I have given completely up on my car several times - if it were not for this gem on the internet and it's patriots I would have sold it long ago.

I OWE a huge debt of gratitude to those who post in the simple task of sharing their expertise and comments and leftover parts. and yes, humor.

It just hurts me to the core to see this great venue being used to air dirty laundry.

Seb- I know that you feel the same as I do. sometime you just gotta hold your tongue, suck it up and forget it. You are a real source around here. It sucks not feeling appreciated. Trust me- you're input IS appreciated.

Tifo- sorry about the bicycle comment- I'll sort that out with you later.

I owe you all a beer.

See you at 944fest. or Tweeks. or Taj. or Hershey. or VW/ Porsche Rendezvous. Or a local (and sometimes NOT SO local) GTG.

I get around. I'll pop up unexpectedly at a GTG several states away.
.. and I'm still smiling because I'm able to drive my car BECAUSE of all of you.

Thanks.

I've said my peace, I have to admit I was pretty frosted this afternoon to see 3 pages of bashing. Because Rennlist matters to me.
FWIW - I voted #3.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:38 AM
seb928s
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see your point John D and maybe it does cause you end it so nicely.

Chris most of the people on rennlist appreciate my postings and information I share on rennlist,AIM, and over my cell phone, but still some people don't. Doesn't bother me. Some have pointed out good points out in this thread. Like take what is given and don't ask for more and everything else.

Thanks rennlist it really has been a great place. I have picked up somethings I didn't know and I hope I can do that for someone else in need that he/she can pick up the information from me for many years to come.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:40 AM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

seb- PM me with the type of job you are looking for. I have some leads if you are willing to relocate to Ohio.

Quick Reply: Poll Please about me Semi OT