Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What you think?
I'm a dickhead/asshole like he said.
4.11%
I should do his belts for free.
0%
I'm a nice guy and tries to help everyone on rennlist with problems.
26.03%
Don't do it for free.
69.86%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Poll Please about me Semi OT

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 04:41 PM
MTM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Chris_924s
John D. Please remove this thread. and consider banning the individuals involved.
Isn't that a little extreme, and who would you count as individuals involved in this thread anyway? Should seb928s be banned for starting this thread, or should Adam be banned for replying?
Old 05-11-2004, 05:00 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Matt- I have edited the second part of that statement out.

I agree, It's harsh. Probably overkill. Negativism has NO PLACE on Rennlist when you look here for help.

If this had been discussed OFF Rennlist in an adult manner, this thread wouldnt exist.

Ironic that's the only thing that I stated was questionable.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:04 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I was pretty offended at the bicycle comment .
Old 05-11-2004, 05:29 PM
Dlefko
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

save the drama for yo mama.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:18 PM
seb928s
Three Wheelin'

I for one wanted to see what people think as Adam said "Everybody thinks you are _____ and ______" I was just wondering if everyone does think that about me. I have helped out a lot on rennlist and off. Anyways just close the thread for anymore new post being added. I never bashed the guy like some say and he was the one bashing me. I told him I can give him all the information on how to do it and he surely has my cell number. I also helped him out before telling him stuff. I was just seeing what people on rennlist think about me. Anyways who cares anymore. I just find somethings fun and funny in life. If John wants to ban me from rennlist I'm fine I'll leave any won't come back. Just forward the almost year unused part of my membership to someone who needs it. If you people really think that is called for then so be it.

Thanks to the people that supported me and helped me out on rennlist.
To the people that I helped out I hope I did my part on helping you out with my information.
If no one wants me around and I did cause such a big problem you can then I should be banned. To other people that may know me or not I don't try to force to do any work or parts on you. You can ask anyone I sold parts to and people I did work for.

Later,

Sebastian
Old 05-11-2004, 08:27 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats a little "Days of our lives" isnt it? I dont think you need to prompt opinion on if you should be banned! Of course you should not be banned, and I dont even know you! I dont think even Adam would suggest you should be banned. Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing however some things are best kept out of a public forum. Ask me how I know!
Old 05-11-2004, 08:39 PM
seb928s
Three Wheelin'

Well I'm interested. How do you know? hehe
Old 05-11-2004, 08:46 PM
Spec944
1st Gear

It sounds to me like a big misunderstanding. Ok Seb now that you know that Adam only wants help would you help him? If Adam wanted you to do it in the beginning he's backing down now so hes comprimising. Would you meet him half way and help him? I agree with Adam this is not the place for this kind of discussion.

Play nice with others!!
Old 05-11-2004, 08:51 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally posted by Chris_924s
....John D. Please remove this thread....
Just watching. Nothing is removed yet....

Also - I haven't voted yet, either.....

Want to know "my opinion"?

Best to ya!!!

Old 05-11-2004, 08:57 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Jeez, I wish I hadn't voted now. I originally selected the option Don't do it for free. Now looking at the thread as it has gotten longer I think there are a few children with wet diapers who need a nap.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:04 PM
seb928s
Three Wheelin'

Yes John D I would like to know your opinion.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:04 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i dont really have a comment all this.. except it seems kind of childish. im not against seb. sebs been great help to me. If anyone remembers, i had a lifter problem i "thought" i had. He told me to check my exhaust manifold , and voilah! he's talked to me on AIM the last few weeks about stuff and has helped me whenever i need it. I think he's a great guy and probably his business is the same way. i doubt he is lying about any of this.. but i do think we should just let this post die, and let the spilt milk evaporate. seems you got the message youd like from the poll kinda at least.. so lets just leave it be. there are good and bad customers and just plain misunderstandings in business.
definately not something to be banned over though IMO.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:37 PM
7thStranger
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just my 2 cents.

Seb you are not a "___" or a "____". You have always been cool with me.

And for Adam, I have only met him once but he seemed pretty cool. This thread is really making him look bad.

Not taking sides.

I am sure their are more bad feelings behind this then are comming through on the thread.

Anyway guys we have a gtg at the end of month.
Cann't we all just get along
Old 05-11-2004, 09:46 PM
John D.
Banned

Originally posted by seb928s
Yes John D I would like to know your opinion.
OK… I’ll try to keep this short – but, I’ll probably fail…

Rennlist isn’t a “barter for dollars” site. Rather – we do things for other folks ‘cause we “can” - if we can - when we choose we want to...??.

For example – someone on the 964 list recently broke an H5 headlight on the track. I had an extra H5 sitting in the garage – so I sent it to him free of charge. I paid overnight shipping BUT - I have NO EXPECTATIONS that now he “owes me”….

As well – someone recently on the 911 list was looking for a set of original 911 driving lamps. I had a set kicking around. I sent them to him. Just because….. Because I had them – he needed them – and while I could have sold them – I wanted to just “give them” to another Rennlister. So I did. that was "my choice".

And I’ve received as well. When I got my $16K 993 and sold my ’87 911 for it for about the same price – I had Rennlisters also offering to send me things for nothing. And they did. And my 993 now runs, has new “used” rotors, and new “used” suspension, etc.

It’s sort of what “Rennlist” is all about…. And it happens everyday – a hundred times over.

I’m guessing you are stuck in that same “pay it forward” mode with this person?

So – my opinion is – if you choose to “give” more – that is YOUR CHOICE, and should NOT be an “expectation” to the person who benefits from your kindness and “gifts”. Above and beyond what you have already given – freely, without strings and return expectations - is too much for many on-line communities – or “real life” neighborhoods.

And therein is my point…..

Shame on anyone who takes advantage of the “community” within Rennlist. I would no more expect that someone who I had done a good deed for, or who had done a “good deed” for me – that they should continue to expect the same - at their demands.

If they need their belt’s done – they should expect to pay. If they choose to ask YOU – then they should expect to treat you as a person, not a “free ride”, regardless of what kind deeds you'd done previously.

In fact - if it were me, and I asked you to do my belts - I would have paid you MORE just to say "Thanks". I've done that with a number of Rennlist Sponsors who tried to give me discounts - and most times, I pay just a bit more. That's just me, as well.....

Sooo.......

You’ve already proved what you are made of in this little community we call “Rennlist”.

You done “good”.

Now – I’ll vote and get off my soapbox.

Old 05-11-2004, 11:57 PM
John D.
Banned

Hmmm......

Ever notice when I post to a thread......

It dies......

Just an observation.....

Quick Reply: Poll Please about me Semi OT