Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A short rant - No, I'm not leaving.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 06:27 AM
Bones944
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Danno I sure wish you would rent me your hood badge polisher
Old 03-31-2004, 07:08 AM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think whoever it was that Perry was talking to is a freaking retard who needs to have his head removed from his spchinter. Feel free to post Mr Ungrate fulMoron.

Bling bling rims? Seen "spinners"? Perrys rims look great on his car and are hardly bling bling.

Bolt on rice mods? WTF? Do you know what rice is? Obviously not.

Like I said, remove head from spchinter before owning a Porsche or visiting Rennlist and asking for help.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:44 AM
951Porschiste
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

I was inspired to buy a 951 after I read Brian Perry's "The Ill-Fated Rebuild" on the web.

Hang in there Perry951!

Regards
Old 03-31-2004, 09:04 AM
Matt H
Race Director

Brian - it is kind of funny. I have never hesitated to go to someones house and help them out, hell the Greaseslingers met that way, we just all showed up at someones house to help them out. I have asked some of the more technical folks questions and to this day I bet I have not acknowledged them. This post reminded me that I owe a few thank you's myself so here goes..
Thanks To:
David Floyd
944Pete
TonyG
NZ951
The Whole GS group, without whom my project would not be this far along (or it might be done all together, depends on who you ask :>))
MySwiss
TurboTim
Cpt_Koolbeans
everyone who has lended advise with the rebuild from hell
Perry951 (for reminding me that I owed some folks a debt of gratitude)

Hopefully none of you are too mad, I tried to say thanks by helping others but that isnt near as direct as a big Thanks.
Old 03-31-2004, 10:36 AM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 206 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally posted by Bones944
Danno I sure wish you would rent me your hood badge polisher
Old 03-31-2004, 11:25 AM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

I don't think it's QUITE as bad as what some of you are saying. I got on the boards (besides the email list) back when it was the old BBS style, and shoot guys, we've had our fair share of immature posters since day one.

Remember Craig944 and the "I NEED HELP NOW" and then "NO YOU'RE WRONG" like 5 minutes later? Well, that was something like 2 years ago and you don't see him around do you? If he is, he changed his name and grew up.

I just wouldn't get so down on Rennlist over stupid people. There are stupid people in all walks of life, in ever organization, and brand ownership doesn't change that.

It takes one bad apple, Brian. But don't forget that the ratio of folks appreciative of your and other's help so far outweighs the one or two **** bricks that occassionally pop up and leave just as quickly.

Now let's quit complaining and get back to the business of making Rennlist better! Let's discuss things like Rennlist Gatherings and Hershey and snap rings and how I can't wait to start the S3 and pizza runs and whatever else we used to spend our time talking about before the gene pool was polluted.

I'm trying to organize an Easter North Carolina Gathering - anyone interested?

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...hreadid=123872
Old 03-31-2004, 12:12 PM
Kurt
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Hacker-Pschorr
Perry,
Your car is the standard many are compared to
Right on.

Strength and Honor Perry
(it's 5 o'clock somewhere)
Old 03-31-2004, 01:04 PM
Dan in Pasadena
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perry,
I didn't go through and read the FOUR PAGES of posts in answer to your question. I only read your original post. This may be so far down the response that you'll never read it but here goes!

Screw 'em! As far as I am concerned (and many other people here) your car is one of several "standards" to which we all aspire. You are right, you built it for yourself - who the hell ELSE should you have built it for??!! - is someone else writing the checks to pay for it? Screw 'em!!

Your car is a reflection of your taste and personally I LOVE your car. I also love a few others here - Carl Nall's ultra clean '84, Tom Pultz's ultra clean S2, "Carmine's" Guards 951 with the Fikse's - all of them are different, all of them are DAMNED FINE CARS of which their owner's should be proud. Keep helping people out Perry. You've helped me (color sanding) and I sincerely appreciated it - if I didn't say so at the time, my thanks to you.

I have said it before, I consider this board to be full of "friends I've never met". We vary in age from probably 16 to 60 but we all have the same "disease" - we love our Porsches'. There is no accounting for the
A-holes of the world.
Old 03-31-2004, 01:08 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by 951Porschiste
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

I was inspired to buy a 951 after I read Brian Perry's "The Ill-Fated Rebuild" on the web.

Hang in there Perry951!

Regards
I too read his ill fated rebuild before I got my 951

Quick Reply: A short rant - No, I'm not leaving.