Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A short rant - No, I'm not leaving.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 04:12 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Bling!!!

I just like the way that sounds. Someone should write a song with that in the lyrics. I believe it would catch on quick.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:23 PM
Eric
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To solicit specific advice from a 'lister, and then to bash that advice is just poor manners. As, you pointed out Brian, there is often more than one way to do a given task, and if the person disagreed with your suggested method, he/she could have done so in a polite manner and not bashed your knowledge and car. If anyone, after reading your saga and seeing your car doesn't think you "know what you are talking about" he/she is a moron--plain and simple.

I appreciate all the advice I get here--Rennlist allowed me to cease contact with my mechanic, tackle the tasks myself, and save $$$.

Brian--your car is sweet, and you are a heck of a nice guy.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:23 PM
Antonio951
Drifting

Artist: B.G.
Song Title: Bling, Bling
Album Lyrics: Chopper City In The Ghetto

Bling bling
Everytime I come around yo city
Bling bling
Pinky ring worth about fifty
Bling bling
Everytime I buy a new ride
Bling bling
Lorinsers on Yokahama tires
Bling bling

A song already excists...and no, i dont have that memorized, i just cut and pasted it.....
Old 03-30-2004, 04:33 PM
onewhippedpuppy
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I think he was being sarcastic....
Old 03-30-2004, 04:35 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

The 924/931/944/951/968 Forum, due to the fact that you have a bunch of similar cars with purchase prices ranging from $1K to "the sky's the limit", has a cross section of many different members of society.

That being said, society as a whole (or should it be "hole"?) is becoming ruder by the day.

I have seen a big change in the posts here, especially in the last 6 months. I have a feeling it's only going to get worse.

I can only hope that your post makes someone think the next time they start to act like an ***.

Thanks Brian, take care.

Jeremy
Old 03-30-2004, 04:59 PM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It ebbs and wanes in the thankfulness....several new people lately that I've replied to have been quite thankful and I always try to treat others nicely and try to thank people when I get help (it's rare that I get pissed off enough to say something bad and mean it and I don't think that's ever been on here).

Unfortunately the relative anonymity of the internet makes it easy for people to forget their manners and act crassly when many of them may never do so in person (at least to your face).

And also fortunately many Rennlist members are thankful and helpful and kind.

And last but not least...if you ask for advice like this person did of Perry, at least be nice if you don't like it and keep your big mouth shut instead of acting like an idiot.
Old 03-30-2004, 05:10 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by tifosiman
The 924/931/944/951/968 Forum, due to the fact that you have a bunch of similar cars with purchase prices ranging from $1K to "the sky's the limit", has a cross section of many different members of society.

That being said, society as a whole (or should it be "hole"?) is becoming ruder by the day.

I have seen a big change in the posts here, especially in the last 6 months. I have a feeling it's only going to get worse.

I can only hope that your post makes someone think the next time they start to act like an ***.

Thanks Brian, take care.

Jeremy

OOps. I thought he said fire...

I can say first handed if it were not Rennlist, 'listers, and true p-car evangelists like Brian Perry I wouldnt be here. and Scott Harrison. and Tifo. Wade, Andy, Danny, Pete, Harry, Paul, Jeremy, Dale, Michelle and so many others that make this debacle a community.

I have learned VOLUMES first hand from these people. They didn't HAVE to share. But they did. and Rennlist is stronger for it.

Brian- I'd be pissed. Harry - Take a rest and work on your 912. Dale- you have to practice looking more imposing. Andy- you da man. Tifo- Please.. take something- may I suggest a Tanqueray martini and a Macanudo?

It's always worked for me.

"If I wasnt pissed, I'd be pissed."

That may be a sigh of relief for some. "you need a favor?"

Rennlist mafia.
Old 03-30-2004, 05:22 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally posted by Eric
To solicit specific advice from a 'lister, and then to bash that advice is just poor manners. As, you pointed out Brian, there is often more than one way to do a given task, and if the person disagreed with your suggested method, he/she could have done so in a polite manner and not bashed your knowledge and car. If anyone, after reading your saga and seeing your car doesn't think you "know what you are talking about" he/she is a moron--plain and simple.

Could not agree more

I value your advice and responsiveness. You contribute a lot to this forum. Do not let anyone else tell you otherwise.
Old 03-30-2004, 05:30 PM
jabbadeznuts
Race Car

Perry, there are a bunch of asshats on the boards. Ignore them. Besides, after seeing your car, I'd do it your way whether I liked it or not!
Old 03-30-2004, 05:42 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

"Youse guys are an inspiration.. If I had half a mind I'd knock over a liquor store..I'd steal the good gin for me and send you guys the cash"

Did you mean assets instead of asshats??
Old 03-30-2004, 05:43 PM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Yeah Brian, I'd be embarassed to drive your car.
Don't sweat it, the cream always rises to the top.
Old 03-30-2004, 05:55 PM
BeerBurner
Unbannable
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally posted by slinky
What an ***!

Just ignore him/her.
What he said.

But before you ignore him, PM him this link.

BB.
Old 03-30-2004, 06:49 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

yeah, taking the motor out from the bottom is actually MUCH easier than from the top and if you dont believe it then you should stick with camaros...no offense to camaros.

I would say for the most part your car is what we aspire towards, bling bling and all.
Old 03-30-2004, 06:49 PM
Sach951
Pro

Sounds like you went out of your way to be a great guy I'm sorry to hear that someone was so rude to you in the light of such generosity and consideration.

But hey, I like your rims

Best Wishes,
Sach
Old 03-30-2004, 06:56 PM
Conor
Burning Brakes

Brian,

I don't care what anyone else thinks, you still have the nicest car on these boards!

Conor

Quick Reply: A short rant - No, I'm not leaving.