Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Positive Vendor Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 01:31 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Positive Vendor Reviews

I realize this doesnt happen often enough but I would like to sing a little praise as my project is coming together. In no particular order:

1) Paragon has, as usual, done a fantastic job, I have ordered so many strange parts from them it isnt funny. To have them get it all even 99% right is amazing.

2) SFR. I bought a number of items from Tim when the GB was going on, the service was fantastic, he matched prices on some other parts I needed and I have never had a problem getting in touch with him.

3) Tim Pauer (Pauer Tuning). I bought the SS fuel hose kit from him. I actually had mine custom made for something I am doing, the only additional charge was the 90 deg. fitting. Parts arrived very fast, just as ordered. When he forgot the compression fitting, he overnighted them to me no charge and gave me a heads up to let me know they were not in the package. I know there are a lot of kits out there and this one is a little more but it is REALLY top quality.

4) Scott Gomes. Scott, did some headwork for me, as last minute as you can get. Even stayed very late doing it. Shipped it so I would have it for the weekend, the packaging was perfect and he has stayed in contact to see how the install went, etc. I have not run the car so I will reserve judgement on the product until then but the transaction was very smooth. He took a good amount of his personal time to talk with me about what I wanted.

5) MySwiss. Though I dont necessarily agree with some issues between Steven and other vendors, the things I did order from him; which include my PLX, a whole crap load of hoses, vacuum upgrade, etc have been very fast in shipping and have all been what I was looking for. I know his business is new but he has done a good job with the initial communication portion.

6) Performance Developments. Even though it can take some time for them to get back to you (not usually more than an hour, but you know how it is when you want to spend money!) Neil is very helpful and informative. He was very careful to cover the installation of my new HG and went out of his way to talk to me about some other products they have coming. This is an extremely professional outfit, new to us, but not new to high end automotive work.

I am sure there are others and I will add as I remember them. Feel free to add to my list. Please dont add the negative comments as we have seen enough of them here recently. If you had an experience so bad that you want people to know about it then PM me before you post it here (please).
Old 03-08-2004, 01:35 PM
James86-951
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have always been pleased with the service from Vertex and KLA.
Old 03-08-2004, 01:42 PM
Jon Moeller
Three Wheelin'

I'll post my whole list in the near future, but the short list of MVP's includes:

Chris White of 944 Enhancement - Excellent service, prices, and parts. Spent Friday night watching some friends drool over my new Ledas.

Travis at Rennbay - provided incredible support through my ham-fisted PS rack rebuild. Excellent communication, and excellent knowledge-base for those doing things "a bit differently."

-Jon
Old 03-08-2004, 01:57 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Paragon - Jason is right on top of it. If you place an order and he thinks something looks odd he will call and make sure you ordered the correct part. The benchmark of customer service for vendors on Rennlist.

Zims - Same sort of service. Must be a Texas thing.

Pelican - pretty good prices and great automated order system. Plus they have a nice followup feature a week or so after you receive your order to check and see how everything went for you in dealing with them.

Ian's

Pauer Tuning

Michael Swinford - an Ebay-er. Goes by mikri184. Has tons of 924 and 44 parts that you can get for a song a lot of times in his auctions. Plus he is quick to ship and has never sent me a part that was not better than described in his auctions.

Summit Racing - don't laugh, they have plenty of stuff you can use on your car.

North Hollywood Speedo - quick service and turnaround and excellent work.

Sports Car Accessories - good prices and selection on seats and steering wheels and the like. Quick and friendly service.

Stable Energies - good products and friendly service.
Old 03-08-2004, 04:22 PM
kevin Dubois
Racer

hehe finally a positive post about this. i have ordered enough stuff over the past few years that i think i should give some praise.

paragon: good prices. even with a mistake in the shipping once, i was very happy with the quick response.

SFR: tim is very easy to get ahold of, and has some awsome stuff at good prices. even was good at getting me a new autometer gauge after the one he sent me was defective (either shipping, or manufacturing...).

europroducts: i have ordered a number of things from them and never had any problems. always fast shipping.

KLA: only ordered the ball joint rebuild kit, which was sweet! no problems there.

autosports unlimited: a local place that has great deals and great to work with in most cases. got my 3L stroker crank for 500 dollars, and my turbo replacement engine for 1800 both good deals IMO.

GT racing: good service, but the product was not as described. there was no place to mount the hood shocks on the CF hood. also no place to mount the washer nozzles. last, the hood is a little long, aka my lights hit it when they go up. over i am still happy because making aftermarket carbon fiber body panels is not an exact science.

any there are many more i'm sure but those are the ones i can think of right now.
Old 03-08-2004, 04:35 PM
Dave
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's nice to see the positive posts!

Paragon
Zims
Racer Wholesale
Vertex
KLA
And don't forget Tirerack
Are all highly recommended!
Old 03-08-2004, 04:48 PM
triscadek
Addict
Rennlist Member

Zim's and Paragon, excellent.

I also get on ZRXOA.com and the have forums just for good and bad vendors.
Old 03-08-2004, 04:52 PM
Sam Lin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Apex Performance, great to talk to and discuss my needs, and the best prices around if they carry it.

Sam
Old 03-08-2004, 04:55 PM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very pleased with the following vendors and they are listed in no particular order:

Ian @ 944online.com
-I ordered the majority of rebuild parts from him. Approachable, flexiable and when an oversight happened it was quickly corrected. I would happily buy from Ian again.

Jason, Skip and Chuck @ Paragon
-These guys not only know their stuff but care about what they're doing. If they make a mistake, and mistakes happen, they are the first ones to own up to it and fix it. I would happily buy from them again.

Kirk @ Zims
-I bought a bunch of stuff from them a few years ago for my son's 924. Knowledgeable and quick shipping. I would happily buy from them again.

Europroducts
-I bought my euro driving lights from them. A flawless transaction that was shipped quickly. I would happily buy from them again.

Travis @ Rennbay
-I bought a power steering pump rebuild kit and the ball joint repair kit from him. Another perfect transaction. I would happily buy from Travis again.

Wayne944 on ebay
-He sells a wide variety of new parts and great prices and is quick to ship. I would happily buy from Wayne again.

Dave @ Lindsey Racing.
-Quick response to emails and was happy to answer some questions, on the phone, about a turbo I was considering. That phone call saved me about $600. I have their wastegate and got in on the fuel rail group buy. great products. I would happily buy from Dave again.

Stephen (MySwiss)
-Most recently I picked up the PLX M300 from him. Great price and quick delivery. Can't wait for their site to be up. I would happily buy from Stephen again.
Old 03-12-2004, 06:57 AM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

thus far:

dave & mike lindesy - great deals, always willing to suggest, shoot the ****, and troubleshoot, even into the wee hours one weekend (stupid stock injector harness lol)

chris white - only emailed back and forth, but a very up-front guy willing to make all kinds of suggestions

tim & sfr - despite reading a few stories of delayed shipments etc, everything came on-time in awesome condition as expected (no. better!). tim's got some pretty neat stuff and is full of knowledge

danno @ guru - an example of how awesome danno is, i dropped my chips in the snow on the way from the fedex truck to the garage (rochester got a LOT of snow that year... so yeah) but didn't realize it, couldnt' find a white envelope under a day and a half of snow (between when i rec'vd the package and when i went to install them) so he just up and sent me new ones, no charge, overnight. wow. that and some great suggestions on my rebuild of the black 951...

everyone @ paragon - good guys, good prices, always on-time.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:01 AM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

oops, almost forgot:

ian @ 944online - great phone communication, came in ahead of time and under budget on my trans. rebuild despite having to order the oil-cooler drive-pump gear ala germany

jeff @ sunset - good advice re: door handles, delivered on time @ a great price
Old 03-12-2004, 11:56 AM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have had success with most of the above listed and to add 1 more good guy, John at Vitesse
Old 03-12-2004, 10:04 PM
RSflared72e
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

Good feedback: Surprisingly - Leith Porsche here in Cary, NC. I just recently needed some parts that they were out of. Their parts guy later called me back and gave me the number of another dealer in another state that did have them. Amazing.

Aluminum Head Rebuilders in Portland, OR. Got rock bottom prices I couldn't touch anywhere else on components for my 16V head rebuild.

I also routinely get quick and competent service out of Zims.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:55 PM
icat
Race Car

Paragon rocks. What else is there to say?
I like Oklahoma Foreign for used parts.
Can't stand Parts Hell (whoops - I mean Heaven).
Lots of great individuals out there (and a few bums as well).
Old 03-13-2004, 01:52 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

How about John D at Rennlist?

I have also had good experiences with Pelican, Performance Products, and Stevinson's Imports (but I worked there so it's not a big surprise to me). Zims is good, Paragon is good, and the rest I don't know.

Quick Reply: Positive Vendor Reviews