Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Trip -- Free Delivery Service Offered

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 02:57 PM
savage944
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Trip -- UPDATE!! + I STILL HAVE ROOM

Ok poeple here is the deal in the next few weeks I am making a road trip up to ohio to drop off some porsche stuff and pick up some stuff on the way back.

It has taken months to get the time off and had to get the head guy I work for to promise me the time, so that gives me in the March 5th through the 9th for the trip. NIGHTMARE getting time off... damn gov' job!

I will be driving a small truck
Here is the deal, I am willing to help out my brothers and sisters on rennlist by delivering or pick up and deliver stuff while I am at this.

I am already making the trip, so any stops along the way wouldn't be that big of a deal, if you have me go way out of the way... well we can sort that out.

Easy thing to do would be to meet someplace, unless the item is to big to fit in your transportation, well then yea guess I could bring it to your house

Look if you are like me, a lot of times you pass on something becuase it would take forever to get it or cost a fortune or the guy selling wants you to pick it up instead of shipping.

NOW YOU HAVE AN OPPURTUNITY, for me it means I get to meet people and potentialy see some fantastic rides along the way.

BOTTOM LINE: if you wanted to take advantage of some great deal on something or get something from someone, but the shipping sucks or they are to far away etc.... Here is your chance to take advantage.

Route planned is Florida, Georgia, Stopping in Tenn, then upto Ohio, then Indiana and back. See Map for details.

DID I MENTION THAT UNLESS IT COSTS ME MONEY TO GO WAY OUT OF THE WAY I WILL DO THIS FOR FREE< I do accept donations and parts!! haha But like I said FREE!!

Well people, let me know if you don't need anything, but maybe we can organize some improtu porsche get togethers hey that would rock! Let me know!!

Oh yea their is a dismantler I might be stopping at, he has offered me discounts before for buying in volume
Here is their link
http://www.germanautodismantlers.com/aboutus.asp

---->If you need something check them out and once again... I can stop and pick you stuff up and drop it off to you, provided you are a reasonable distance from the route I am or meet me on the route, we can grab a bite to eat and you get your parts. (casual reminder donations of food and parts accepted haha)

If anyone else can think of anything let me know,

Oh yea remember their are places down here in Florida like
http://www.944online.com/
http://www.rennbay.com/products.html

Last edited by savage944; 03-04-2004 at 11:54 PM.
Old 02-22-2004, 03:18 PM
savage944
Racer

I do also have room for one person if someone wants to ride along.
Old 02-22-2004, 03:24 PM
zehnd
Addict
Rennlist Member

How nice of you, would it be inconvenient for you to slide up to Central Saskatchewan to drop some items off.
Old 02-22-2004, 03:33 PM
badass951
Three Wheelin'

I am going to Miami to pick up my new ride about the same time if it is completed. From there I would have to drive back to Pennsylvania like I did last year. When I find out when my car will be done I will let you know as soon as possible, because I might as well drive up north with a fellow rennlister.
Old 02-22-2004, 03:37 PM
savage944
Racer

Zehnd I would be game... except that as I remember Saskatchewan is like north of Wyoming and North Dakota.

I could go as north as Michigan and up to Detroit and meet someone there at the bridge, going into canada might be a pain in the @ss, but thats near toronto and such or meet you in Indiana or something...

Like I said I am making the trip regardless, I will have space in the truck and I am already stopping to pick up stuff at the dismantler... everything else and anything else is up to anyone interested.

Like I also said if anyone wants a free ride or to tag along, your are also welcome.

Badass sounds like a plan... hemm sounds like the start of a convoy... hahaha.

Old 02-22-2004, 06:51 PM
josephsc
Race Car

Location: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hola. I know you've been super-busy, but you still owe me a 924 turbo nose panel. I guess Boston is a little out the way, huh?
Old 02-22-2004, 08:26 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

are you bringing my hood and nose??? YIPPY!
Old 02-22-2004, 09:14 PM
savage944
Racer

josephsc -- you betcha... sending it out before I hit the road. Unless you want it dropped off someplace or to meet you.

XSBoost yea bud, coming to see you and Nine44. Who else am I going to come see in ohio? Hahaha--- just wish I could drop off the 84 for some paint and body work.... hemm maybe we can work something out on the 87, hit me up with email or pm.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:34 PM
Dick Ruddell
Instructor

If you have anything BIG to haul, I ave a tandem car hauler trailer you are free to use.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:58 PM
josephsc
Race Car

Location: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doh! savage, your PM is full again...

Anyways, I wish I can come out and meet you, but I'm too busy with classes at the moment -- and spring break isn't until mid-March. If you can ship the nose panel to me, that will be great -- unless someone is doing a drive from Ohio eastward sometime soon... I'll e-mail you my address.
Old 02-22-2004, 10:42 PM
savage944
Racer

Dick R., that sounds good, I might take you up on that.

Everyone here that. If I don't end up needing it, I can still pull something for someone, as in pick up and drop off a car or something big...., so this is shaping up, still a while to go. I think I will have to bring a camera and take shots of the start to finish and back again, take pics of any people anc cars I meet along the way... hemm "there and back again a parts odessy.. baaaahahahaha"

Inbox is clear but got the emails.
Old 02-22-2004, 11:54 PM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 209 Likes on 135 Posts

Where 'bouts in Ohio are you going to be?
Old 02-23-2004, 12:53 AM
savage944
Racer

Columbus, but I can move around a little... was thinking of heading over to indiana also. Map shows approx. stops and destinations. Of course will stick to highways... so route may be different.

Right now looking at a ford ranger or a fullsize truck or small van rental. I only need to space of a ranger, and since I dont have one... rental. Now if enough people get interested or want stuff moved I can get a bigger truck or van and go for it. Like a dodge caravan or something, if I need to pull a trailer will need something that has the hook up.

If I go to the added expense of a larger vehicle, well thats when donations would be nice

I am making the trip period.

If you ask me to bring you a car... well thats kind of big and would eat a lot of gas, I will do it... but we would have to work something out.

Otherwise if it fits I will pick it up and bring it to you. If its an engine, will need someone where I pick it up to help load it, I am strong, but not that strong hahaha.

My PM box is filling up constantly, use email if you want to send me something easier to respond and track, include you regular email to.

BTW this works in both directions and of course if you need to clean out your garage or something, I will be gald to carry those parts away for you---> long as they are free...hahaha
Attached Images  
Old 02-23-2004, 01:13 AM
savage944
Racer

Should I list this on the other parts of the board or something, so that everyone can take advantage not just the watercooled people.... well?

Suggestions, ideas... I want to help as many people as possible I sure don't want anyone missing out or bent cause the missed the opportunity...

BTW if you intend for me to pick something up, make sure its cleared with who ever I will be picking it up from and that its paid for, etc... I don't want any headaches or you missing out, cause they will not let me pick it up.

I wonder if we can turn this into a meet and greet, would sure like to be in on some get togethers so I can get some good pics, or maybe a few people can come out and give me a escourt or something... you know little mini convoy for a few miles, stop and grab some food and meet everyone... like I said before "road trip... adventure... odyssey... "
Old 02-23-2004, 04:25 PM
kinda5150
Racer

i feel sick now after seeing the opening page of the dismantlers website. all those p-cars lying there......donating organs......when they could probably be brought back to life. ughhhh

Quick Reply: Road Trip -- Free Delivery Service Offered