Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ripped of by a Rennlister! Please read

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 10:29 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Ripped of by a Rennlister! Please read

Late Novemer the rennlister silicondigital (real name Matt Boland) posted some stuff for sale on the Turbo forum.
This thread MAP 2 Kit for sale (from my 951 with a thrown rod) EDIT: other cool stuff too

I made a deal with Matt on the intercooler pipes, complete Guru MAP 2 kit, and a MBC.

I transferred the total amount to his Paypal account and he assured me he was going to the UPS office the following day.
Then went 3 weeks without no goods and no responds to my e-mails or the PMs I sent him.

I then finally managed to track his phone number down through the web and succeded to get hold of him on the phone (which is very inconvinent due to the time zone's for me since I live in Sweden!).

He told me he had switched e-mail address and had forgot about my things (serious seller huh?)
Well after talking to him and also locking his Paypal account he told me he was sorry and was going to ship all of my things.

I got a trackning number of the UPS shipment and then I transferred money for the freight and ALSO about $40 to cover his credit card fees! Money NOT included in the deal but I did that as a good gesture.

When the package finally arrived I discoverd that it was not a complete package!!

All of these parts were missing in the package and are STILL missing:
* Guru MAP/Link harness
* chipset
* Link Handheld controller
* J-pipe
* Temp sensor
* K&N filter
* 3 bar FPR
* Clamps etc.etc.

Now I have been trying to contact Matt for 3 weeks but he don't respond to my emails, my PM's or my posts in the original thread.

I haven' been able to get hold of him on the phone either.

All I want is my things! I have paid more than agreed for the parts and I just want to be able to install the kit I have purchased.. the few things I got is useless without the rest.

It really hates me to have to put his name and number out in the open but his actions leaves me no choice.

So I ask you if you please could help me get in contact with Matt. Due to the time zone differencies it's difficult for me to get hold of him at a reasonable time.
Any help at all is VERY appreciated!
If you ever will deal with someone in Scandinavia, I would most definatly do the same for you.

His full name is Matt Boland.
His e-mail address: luftwafe46@blackcodemail.com

Home address and phone number:
520 Highway 1 N
Camden, SC 29020-2548
(803) 425-6097

My last money went into those things so I really hope I can get my missing parts without having to buy them again.

Thank you!
Gustaf
Old 01-22-2004, 10:42 AM
EZRider
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sorry to hear you've been taken advantage of. Just want to clear something up. SiliconDigital is >not< a Rennlist member. Thus he does not deserve the honor to be referred as a "Rennlister". I hope you will get the justice you deserve against this f#$k!
Old 01-22-2004, 11:04 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Duke,

Sorry to hear that. Since you've disclosed the details of the seller, etc. could you say how much money we're talking about?

That would help put the situation in better perspective. There are currently several fellows in the 911 forums that have been scammed for thousands of dollars by someone who advertised in the classified section.

If this is a similar situation, it merits stronger action from this community than just trying to get in touch with the guy.
Old 01-22-2004, 11:07 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Thanks for you replys,
Luis we are talking several thousands of dollars but I have paid Matt around $1100.

Thanks
Gustaf
Old 01-22-2004, 11:09 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,168 Likes on 1,225 Posts

Any rennlisters in Camden, SC?
Go get midevil on his ***.
Old 01-22-2004, 11:12 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by Duke
Thanks for you replys,
Luis we are talking several thousands of dollars but I have paid Matt around $1100.

Thanks
Gustaf

Ooops I meant "we are not talking several thousands of dollars "
Old 01-22-2004, 11:14 AM
Billy W
Racer

If no one from SC steps up it is only a 3hr round trip for us Charlotte guys. I have a few people that work for me that live 30 minutes from him, so I will ask if anyone knows him, it is a real small area so they might.
Old 01-22-2004, 11:16 AM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Why does is seem you guys from Sweden always get the short end of the stick when buying stuff from the US? That Sucks.
Old 01-22-2004, 11:17 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, I still think it's unconscionable that someone take advantage of the good faith that the majority of people here have toward eachother, no matter what the amount of money.

From reading the thread I couldn't figure the value of the parts/components that you're still missing from what you paid for.

At any rate, I'm sure you'll be getting help from 'listers in the Carolinas to track this fellow down. Sorry I'm too far away to help, myself!
Old 01-22-2004, 11:23 AM
Dave
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At this point, I would not be so worried about the time difference, call him when it is convienient for you, I bet if you call him while your having lunch, he'd be home! No point raising your phone bill either, call him collect, in fact, I'd call him every day at 9am(your time), 10am, 11am and noon, collect until you get another tracking number!
Old 01-22-2004, 11:27 AM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Y'know, "Redneck paintjob" was in SC too. Too bad I'm too far away to assist.

That sucks Duke. I wish I could be of some help.
Old 01-22-2004, 11:28 AM
ian
Nordschleife Master

Received 65 Likes on 37 Posts

I know the feeling man, trying to track down someone like that is just not right, its not the buyers resposiblity to force the seller to send the parts out....

I know there are some rennlisters in that area, if not i'm here in Charlotte NC with Billy W i'm sure we can try and get his attention for you...
Old 01-22-2004, 11:33 AM
James86-951
Pro

Doesn't this constitute mail fraud? (Federal Crime) I believe some laws were enacted recently regarding the scamming over the internet. I think a quick search may help you.
Old 01-22-2004, 11:47 AM
thedyingiraffe
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel your pain. Same thing is happening to me with "Turby", i.e. Morgan Kippler.

Anybody know this SOB?
Old 01-22-2004, 11:55 AM
PCinDC
Rennlist Lifetime Member
Lifetime Rennlist

dyingiraffe - I have spoken with Morgan a couple of times about purchasing a 968 engine. I got the impression that he was a little bit shady so I did some Rennlist searching. Figure that would have been $3500 out the window, so my Rennlist membership has once again paid for itself.

Duke, I'm not sure what US Federal Law would protect you. Since you are in Sweden, I would think any legal action would need to be initiated in your home country.

I'd probably sue him and file a judgement on him.
Same thing with Turby, and a few other shady Rennlist sheisters who abuse what Rennlist is all about - a sharing and helpful community.

I certainly would have given up trying to get ahold of silicondigital by now, in favor of getting ahold of my lawyer.

Quick Reply: Ripped of by a Rennlister! Please read