Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why Rennlist RULES!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 08:30 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Why Rennlist RULES!

Two things, really quick.

1) Something I said here got taken out of context and lets just say it got kind of ugly (President of major corp and team of lawyers on conference call in my office this afternoon). Within about 30 seconds, John D. helps me in no uncertain circumstances (John, you will never know how valuable that is). Even going so far as to say that if I had been sued he would have wanted to be added. Lets just say that there is no place like this place and I have NEVER been as proud to be part of a group. I think everyone in my company now knows that as well. Seriously, almost moved to tears at what John did for me. Anytime you need something just let me know, I will fly to you to help if I need to. John and Rennlist can count on my money even when I dont have a Porsche any longer. You will not hear another peep out of me regarding certain issues and I will change my sig in a little while.

2) A while back another lister needed some parts from Sunset and they dont ship to Canada. I had him ship them to my house and I handled the shipping to Canada (all 4 dollars ). To show his thanks he sent me a t-shirt for my wife AND after seeing a post about ballast resistors, he asked if I needed some. I didnt have a chance to reply so he just sent them. I learned in living color the value of people like this today. You know who you are, so thanks. I have been meaning to post this for a while, just now getting to it.

I would love to hear the stories of others. John D., consider my offer earlier, it would be my pleasure to help out in that way.

Thanks Rennlist
Old 01-13-2004, 08:39 PM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Received 585 Likes on 375 Posts

Was wondering what that was about, now I wish I had seen the thread.

But on a similar issue on the shipping.

Grahm Mitchell's Migle Mufflers were made In Australia. Shipped to the States. That owner then sold them, but shipping to england/sweeden was a bit pricey.

He shipped them to me. I brought them to England in my luggage. And then shipped them off to whatever Scandinavian country he's in. There was shipping problmes, nothing to do with either of us.

He finally got em on and apparently loves them.

He was very generous as well.
Old 01-13-2004, 08:42 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Sid - in truth it was something most of us would consider no big deal. It was nothing juicy, per se.
Old 01-13-2004, 08:43 PM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

That's what makes it funny.
Old 01-13-2004, 08:57 PM
Sami951
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by SidViscous
Was wondering what that was about, now I wish I had seen the thread.
My first guess is it's the one where you posted some McDonalds remarks Didn't see anything there for somebody to get pissed about though...

Rennlist = mad cool
Old 01-13-2004, 09:00 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Matt, you have have been a huge help to me personally, (and otherd]s) and I really appreciate things YOU do. You are very right about Rennlist! John, lol, i just tried writing and deleting this sentence like 7 times, I cant think of how to describe how grateful I am and how wonderful Rennlist is. I really wish i could help out more with rennlist, but financially I can't, and my knowledge is still small, growing, but small. I try to do what I can. Seriously, I can't wait till i have stuff I can give away to rennlist members. (I may have an old floor mat set, kinda raggedy, but not too bad, I will try and give away) I cant even explain, but Matt, you hit it spot on, Rennlist is a great place, and John (and Jenn) are great great GREAT people!
I have actually just made a big life decision in the past few days, basically changing my life. (changing directions completely in education/major) and I don't think it would have happened without realizing my love for cars, especially Porsche, and Porsche's followers on rennlist. I will probably write out the whole story for those interested in the OT forum in the next couple days.
Anywho, I really love this place, and if any of you ever need my help for whatever reason, I will gladly offer it!
~Eyal
P.S. My only complaint about this place is that the word Porsche isn't in the spell check!

Old 01-13-2004, 09:15 PM
JediAgent
Racer

Pick a reason, any reason.

1. The day i signed up as a member i got a PM from another member (Mike B) who offered me the parts catalogue and repair manual on CD. Before i could ask what PET stood for he sent them as i got them within 2 days. I had no idea what it was until i opened it up and found out it was pretty much the most awesome correlation of 944 and computer aside from pictures of the pretty cars i find here. I appreciate that.

2. The group buy for the exhaust from SFR was more than worth initial sign-up cost. Aside from a few minor hold-ups with shipping (i just got it fri, and put it on yesterday) it was an incredible deal, and i love the sound. Without the info here at Rennlist, i wouldn't know about half the 944 parts retailers, nor would i get a discount.

I plan on being a rennlister for life, as i plan on being a Porsche enthusiast for life.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:16 PM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

I was concerned that it may or may not have been something I said. Kept expecting the thread to disapear.

Wasn't
Old 01-13-2004, 09:21 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Sami - it doesnt matter what it was about, but it had nothing to do with any of you. If I had been in trouble it would have been of my own accord. FWIW, it was an old thread that had died, but in a smaller forum they dont go to page 40 in 2 days :>)

Jedi - MikeB is a great RL'er.

Eyal- thanks, I never wonder about the people here (except some of the OT guys :>), Sid you know what I mean!).

My door is always open to RLers. Cant wait to see some of you at Porsche Parade.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:34 PM
JediAgent
Racer

Originally posted by Matt H
Cant wait to see some of you at Porsche Parade.
Whu... whu... whu... what?

Where? When?
I need to get involved with ya'll. Speak some Porsche with someone other than my indifferent mechanic or the snobs at Rusnak.
I really want friends. Will someone be my friend?
Old 01-13-2004, 09:39 PM
jabbadeznuts
Race Car

I'll brag on myself. Before Christmas, Josh Bare was doing a brake job and needed some help. I jumped on it and we got it done in about 1/2 day. if we didn't ahve to wait on rotors to be turned it would have gone a LOT faster.

Its the comradery that makes Rennlist so great. Even when tempers flare in the OT forum sometimes, at the end of the day, we're all friends and more than willing to help each other out.

Raise a glass. A tost to Rennlist and it's fantastic members!
Old 01-13-2004, 09:41 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by JediAgent
Whu... whu... whu... what?

Where? When?
I need to get involved with ya'll. Speak some Porsche with someone other than my indifferent mechanic or the snobs at Rusnak.
I really want friends. Will someone be my friend?
Where in SoCal are you? you talking about the Rusnak in Thousand Oaks?
I'm in Calabasas, I bet we can get something going...
~Eyal
Old 01-13-2004, 09:48 PM
JediAgent
Racer

Rusnak in Pasadena. I spent a half hour talking to a customer about his 930 since he was the only person there (besides employees) who knew what a 930 was. I live in Azusa. I'd really like to get a good group of 944 going around this area. Im willing to drive to meet ya'll, but not more than an hour and a half. I see a couple guys in my area with 944's, but i don't know them. We should get something going, im getting to the point where i'd rather just attend some meeting somewhere, rather than getting the car all fixed up and heading out to Hershey.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:51 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

I had a fun run organized dec. 18th, it was awsome, you should have come! I'll organize something again soon enough.
back on topic for a second: RENNLIST RULES!
~Eyal
Old 01-13-2004, 09:54 PM
JediAgent
Racer

Originally posted by Eyal 951
I had a fun run organized dec. 18th, it was awsome, you should have come! I'll organize something again soon enough.
back on topic for a second: RENNLIST RULES!
~Eyal
I was almost gonna go to that one. We should put together another. RENNLIST RULES!

Quick Reply: Why Rennlist RULES!