Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT-1 conversion for sale

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2003, 12:45 AM
Tour18
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys need to chill. You are missing the point. If I take a stock 994 and so much as change the air cleaner element to a K&N, then I have done no worse than dropping an in an LS6. A change is a change, it's all a matter of perspective.

If you think that is BS, take your non factory air cleaner car to a Concourse and see how many prizes you win.

The 944 is the finest driving machine ever made. If someone can put a 400 hp grin generator in it, without screwing up the driving characteristics, then he deserves some good press. Not this bashing stuff.
Old 12-26-2003, 05:06 AM
roadrunner
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aren't mix and match chassis and engine combinations the norm in most high profile racing series? If it works for Williams and McLaren, why not? I still am a Ferrari F1 fan to the core, but I couldn't dismiss the German-engined cars simply because they aren't "purebred." Get the best attributes of each item and put them together...
Old 12-26-2003, 07:25 AM
trebor_quitman
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 968TurboS
Wonder, how my car would be classified. It started life as a very well loaded 968, then was converted into a 968 turbo S replica using mostly factory parts. Ofcourse, they used a 2.7 NA head instead of a real turbo S head as it offers more power and at the time Mahle was not making 104mm pistons.
For lowering compression, they dished the pistons and used shorter rods. It has been very reliable and can pass for a factory turbo S, except for lack of side marker lights and rear bumperettes.
Initially, I wanted to make it an exact replica but gave up on the idea realizing that I would be lowering power output by using original turbo S parts.
Personally, I think I got the best of botyh worlds, a replica that is street legal unlike the original and it is a heck lot faster.
People should be able to do whatever pleases them, after all they are the ones who shelled the $$. If they can live with what they do, who am I to tell them what to do with their lives/money. There is a certain challenge in making these things work and that is what drives these people.
Also, to turbo-charge a 968 can be an expensive affair (upwards of $25K) in most cases when done properly. If one can get the same driveability with 1/3 the cost, so be it. Just don't open your hood, thats all .
Sounds like you've got something I'm Interested in doing to my 968 engine, Anymore details you can share? Sounds like you've done your research.

Quick Reply: LT-1 conversion for sale