Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"re-tooling" the website.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 02:33 AM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "re-tooling" the website.....

We are building a new site and have been working on it for a while, but its taking longer than we suspected (just like many motors we are building...joke...laugh...joke...) so in the meantime, we have put what we have up, don't get freaked ...its a new flash page, but it will take you to a page that lets you choose the old website, or you can choose to browse what we have of the new site. Same company, just advancing the site.

http://andersonmotorworksinc.com

Take Care!
Old 12-09-2003, 10:46 AM
Chad S
Advanced

I'm a website developer with a little experience with flash and the new site looks like it will be great.

Good luck.
Old 12-09-2003, 11:35 AM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

THanks Chad :-) I appreciate it!
Old 12-09-2003, 12:26 PM
SoCal Driver
Race Car

I would rather have a quick loading text based web site any day. Give the person browsing a choice.
Old 12-09-2003, 12:36 PM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

SoCal,

Your right, and as we speak, we are getting code up that will allow the website to load about ten times faster. I don't know how it all works, but the guy doing it knows his stuff. Lets see what its like in about a week. He assures me it will be fast.

Thanks for the input :-)
Old 12-09-2003, 12:39 PM
schnellfahrer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent site. How much is a S2 Turbo engine including shipping to Norway? :-)
Old 12-09-2003, 12:40 PM
SoCal Driver
Race Car

John, I'm stuck on a dial up so anything with graphics is slow. However even when I had 1.2 mega bit cable Flash sites sucked down so much band width I would just avoid them.

Could have been over programming. A common mistake thinking your 100 mbit lan is as fast as a 50kbit dial up.

P.S. Looks like your shop cleaned up good from the last pictures you posted.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:30 PM
RMills944
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the new look and feel of the page. Very nice (of course I'm on a t1 too )
Old 12-09-2003, 02:38 PM
Jonas Goldsmith
Three Wheelin'

John, I like it... I know it has been a long time coming and it looks really cool... I definately like the new intro better than the old one... more exciting... more enticing..... Just out of sheer curiousity, where did you get the music for all of it??? Have some guy come up with it for you or something???

Cheers,
Jonas
Old 12-09-2003, 05:29 PM
W88951
Burning Brakes

Intro, what intro. I never watch the intro to a website. If I want to see an intro I will go watch previews in a Movie theatre. I was going to post earlier but I did not want to seem like an ***. I never recommend to any of my business clients to do a flash site, for the reasons mentioned above and more. Flash is perfect for entertainment sites. Where people don't mind to waste time waiting for a download if it will make them laugh. When you are talking business, time is money. The longer it takes to load, the harder information is to find the more customers you will lose.
Example: Amazon.com Their site is mostly ALL HTML, No gimics and very few graphics. They provide ways to find their product, they display their product and sell it.

I have yet to encounter a business site created in Flash that I liked. John, I think the one they created is Fantastic. It is symmetrical, logical and well designed. However it still has and I am sure always will have all of the drawbacks associated with a Flash site.

Also, keep your audience in mind. While I am sure that the developer knows his Shznit inside and out(because he has done a great job with the Flas), does he know your customer? Do you know your customer? Is this what your customer wants to see? Will this increase your sales? Will this make it easier for the customer to be informed about your products and services in the easiest possible way?

Those are just some things to keep in mind.

Quick Reply: "re-tooling" the website.....