Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone happen to have Euro 924 foglights for sale in the States?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 09:35 PM
SloMo228
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anyone happen to have Euro 924 foglights for sale in the States?

So it turns out my factory foglights won't fit easily at all in my 924GTS style bumper and I need the Euro-style housing as found on 924s sold across the pond.

Like the ones found here on eBay UK: 924 Foglights

Before I go ordering a pair of foglights from across the pond, I figured I'd check here to see if anyone happens to have a set that they're willing to sell (or if some of our UK members are willing to undercut the eBay sellers out there, possibly).

Thanks!
Old 09-27-2017, 07:40 AM
ian
Nordschleife Master

Received 71 Likes on 41 Posts

Steve,

I was just in your boat, and ended up ordering them from Justin Webb in the uk (not sure what is screen name is here, but posts as 944uk on pelican, and is active on the 944 facebook pages).

As a side bar, what 924 GTS style bumper did you end up using? I'm still in the shopping stages for the fiberglass for my own project and looking for the good and bad about the different versions.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:07 AM
SloMo228
Rennlist Member

I ended up going with IFC Racing (http://www.allporscheracing.com) for my bumper. I was a bit nervous since there are reports of really poor fitment on aftermarket parts out there (other brands, not IFC) and I wasn't able to find all that much feedback on IFC. But the fitment is rather good, in my opinion: no major issues to correct, just a couple small fixes and general prep should have it looking great, assuming I do my job with the paint afterward. I'll take some photos after work this afternoon to show how it fits up out of the box.

I'd definitely recommend IFC, I plan to order the rest of the fiberglass parts I want from them as well (front fenders and hood, mainly).
Old 09-27-2017, 08:30 AM
FHMotorsport
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set of Euro fog lights available.
Old 09-27-2017, 09:09 AM
curtisr
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

944spares.com You can also contact him through Facebook [url="https://www.facebook.com/groups/7433726020/"[/url]
Old 09-27-2017, 09:39 AM
ian
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by SloMo228
I ended up going with IFC Racing (http://www.allporscheracing.com) for my bumper. I was a bit nervous since there are reports of really poor fitment on aftermarket parts out there (other brands, not IFC) and I wasn't able to find all that much feedback on IFC. But the fitment is rather good, in my opinion: no major issues to correct, just a couple small fixes and general prep should have it looking great, assuming I do my job with the paint afterward. I'll take some photos after work this afternoon to show how it fits up out of the box.

I'd definitely recommend IFC, I plan to order the rest of the fiberglass parts I want from them as well (front fenders and hood, mainly).

I have gotten some good feedback on IFC, good to know you are positive on them as well. The pictures would be much appreciated.

Why the fenders and hood as well? Just going for an ultra light weight 944? I was planning on my metal hood and fenders just because I'm looking for OEM (as possible) fitment for my 924 GT(S).
Old 09-27-2017, 10:58 AM
SloMo228
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ian
Why the fenders and hood as well? Just going for an ultra light weight 944?
Yeah, basically. Plus my steel bodywork has its share of dents and dings to begin with anyway. I think there's a solid chunk of weight to be lost in the hood and fenders, probably more than from losing the front bumper (which is aluminum and really not all that heavy to begin with). The FG front bumper was mainly for looks, but it does shave about 20lb from the car.

Edit: here are some photos. I haven't really gotten too far into the install, basically I just drilled holes for the side mounts (which were already marked and in the right spot) and tossed it on to see how the initial fit is.

Not bad on the driver's side at all. I have to slightly clearance that upper corner, that's pretty much it.

Passenger side This corner is the worst of the fit issues.

Closeup of the passenger side issue. Not all that bad, the gaps are small enough that I'm comfortable using a filler to build it up.

Last edited by SloMo228; 09-27-2017 at 04:37 PM.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:52 PM
SloMo228
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FHMotorsport
I have a set of Euro fog lights available.
PM sent!
Old 09-27-2017, 08:07 PM
ian
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by SloMo228
Yeah, basically. Plus my steel bodywork has its share of dents and dings to begin with anyway. I think there's a solid chunk of weight to be lost in the hood and fenders, probably more than from losing the front bumper (which is aluminum and really not all that heavy to begin with). The FG front bumper was mainly for looks, but it does shave about 20lb from the car.

Edit: here are some photos. I haven't really gotten too far into the install, basically I just drilled holes for the side mounts (which were already marked and in the right spot) and tossed it on to see how the initial fit is.

Not bad on the driver's side at all. I have to slightly clearance that upper corner, that's pretty much it.
That fit looks ok, I have seen both better and worse fiberglass fitment. A little shaping and then some paint and it could look OEM (ish)

Are you using euro bumper mounts? Or just something custom?

Quick Reply: Anyone happen to have Euro 924 foglights for sale in the States?