Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Does this sound right (a 930 Turbo Targa story)?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 06:04 PM
Turbo1987
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

speednme...Can't argue with what you are saying. I would point out though that in your case...it looks like the car was on a consignment lot. If that was the case and the owner had not decided on whether he really wanted to sell, then Chris and Jeff did what they should have done. At that point they didn't know whether they would have a car for sale.

Mikey's deal is a little different....that dealer thought he owned the car...even though he had not yet paid for it. And in the world of dealers buying cars from auctions or other dealers, it was entirely appropriate for him to believe he owned the car. It's a point worth recognizing.

btw...ZDDP is a must have in your motor oil as it reduces wear on engine parts and that is GOOD!!!! I bet 99.9999% of car owners have no idea what ZDDP is and why zinc is important.
Russ
Old 12-29-2011, 01:22 PM
lhd7
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by turbo owner
Comparing a used car sale to a new TV purchase at Best Buy is completely idiotic. It's a totally different kind of retail business.

Car buying can be a very frustrating endeavor. The customer can make it as hard on themselves as they like. Sometimes car dealers don't like seeing people like you either. But because they are in business to make a living, they deal with everybody.

When I had my retail lot I ran several people off just like you because I would rather not sell a car than have to deal with them. There is no excuse for people like you.
no wonder you HAD a retail lot with an attitude like this!
Old 01-02-2012, 08:34 PM
mikey175
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To close out this chapter...

It looks like the dealer was straight with me. Apparently, the car is on a truck on its way back to the registered dealer and the original owner. The dealer would not give me the name of the auction house as he says they deal only with registered dealers. So the deal will definitely not happen and the path is a dead end.

To say I'm bummed is an understatement. I would love to find a way to track down this owner. With a VIN and title #, is there any way to do this?

Time to move on. I'll get there...

Quick Reply: Does this sound right (a 930 Turbo Targa story)?