911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

KEEP YOUR PORSCHES LOCKED AWAY

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 12:12 AM
DeWolf
Three Wheelin'

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts
Default KEEP YOUR PORSCHES LOCKED AWAY

This is gruesome, one of the reasons ny kids will never find my car keys when I'm not at home

WARNING, VERY EXPLICIT GORE

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:...u&ct=clnk&cd=1
Old 11-24-2006, 01:47 AM
pjv911
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats pretty hardcore !
Old 11-24-2006, 04:36 AM
DeWolf
Three Wheelin'

It is pretty hardcore but it's also very sad that a beautiful young girl has lost her life and the heartache she has left behind.
Also goes to show our cars are VERY fast and this could be anyone one us who give it a quick sprint up the road and have someone pull out in front etc, etc.
We've all seen at some point people who can't judge another vehicles speed, these are the people that scare me the most.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:33 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

The incident is truly tragic, all my thoughts are with the poor girls family.

However can I suggest that you remove the link because (in my opinion) the pictures are not suitable for general viewing.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:21 AM
DeWolf
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by NineMeister
The incident is truly tragic, all my thoughts are with the poor girls family.

However can I suggest that you remove the link because (in my opinion) the pictures are not suitable for general viewing.
I'm sorry if I've offended anyone here or broken the rules of the forum, I certainly did'nt mean to.
There's actually discussion about this on another site and the majority of the users are teenagers and say that pictures like those should be used in driver ed. My father worked for an undertaker and took me in one day to view a poor young lad that had come to grief. I was mortified. I had just got my licence. I never bowed to peer pressure and never got into a car with a drunk, or someone I knew was a risky driver.. That lad, God rest his soul, saved my life, of this I am certain. Even to this day, some 23yrs later if I'm having a bit of a go his image always comes back to me and I let up on the throttle. I reserve serious fanging for the track. And I might point out that my father asked for the families permission, which they did not hesitate to give. He looked as bad as this poor girl.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:14 AM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

Received 333 Likes on 155 Posts

There is a two page discussion on this crash on the 993TT forums. There was a link that the moderators removed because of the gore but I believe the Mercedes forums still have their link up. It was possible that the father might be a Rennlist or Pelican member, so out of respect the gory pictures were pulled down. Pretty sad....Speed...Inexperience...Alcohol...deadly mix.

Yasin
Old 11-24-2006, 11:43 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DeWolf
This is gruesome, one of the reasons ny kids will never find my car keys when I'm not at home

WARNING, VERY EXPLICIT GORE

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:...u&ct=clnk&cd=1
never say never, teach your kids the right way to handle machinery and they will respect it .
As a teenager growing up, my brother and i where the only ones not trying to take our parents cars without them knowing . why? we started driving at a early age on our property and had access to the cars if and when we wanted to , we where of course not allowed to leave the property , but we learn't car control and respect for the diffferent things that could happen , which eventually lead us to racing later on , but drivign the cars did not become a big deal to us because we been there done that and driving on the street was boring in comparision to drifting on the property, SO IT WAS NOT A BIG DEAL ! plus my dad would kill us .. our parents never had to hide the keys, But based on our friends parents hiding the keys, this did not help , Real kids , make duplicates . if they really want the car for night outs , they have ways !

Teach them to respect it ! of course it helps that you have a weapon of mass destruction nearby when having such discussions, it helps with the understanding !!!!!
Old 11-24-2006, 12:46 PM
911rudy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pull It! We are not the teenagers who need to see this tradgic loss of life.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:49 PM
RSA333
Racer

Folks-

Beyond the regular Driver's Education, that most high schools used to offer as a course (mostly not anymore), I am enrolling my son in the teenage-level Advanced Accident Avoidance course at Summit Point Raceway. In some of the courses designed for Federal Agents and the MD State Police, you would be amazed at how poorly they drive and are aware of car control. We teach them to do J-turns, shoot from cars at high speed (the police, not the teens!), and generally avoid very quick accident situations, as well as car control and a healthy respect for the power of any car. I, for one, say leave the posts up, but then I am a medical trauma person. We can all use a dose of reality.

FWIW - Gerry
Old 11-24-2006, 04:33 PM
DeWolf
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 911rudy
Pull It! We are not the teenagers who need to see this tradgic loss of life.
No, but I bet most of us have done over 100mph on public roads and it takes one idiot to move in front etc and this can be the aftermath. This is a stark reminder just what our cars can do to us in a short amount of time. I'm going on a cruise with my Porsche club this weekend, we normally have a rather ' spirited ' run, this time I will be just cruising.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:15 PM
underpsi
Instructor

you guys gotta pull those pics, imagine that was your daugther!! this is not a porsche thing, any car accident can do the same.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:46 PM
nathanUK '81 930 G50
Race Car

Very sad, my condolences to the family.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:58 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I saw the pics earlier in the week in the OT Forum. I think the wrecked car pics are enough to get the point across w/o showing sombodies daughter killed the way she was.

How would you feel if it was your son or daughter's picture posted on the internet from now until eternity? Who ever released those pics should be ashamed.

I'm with RSA333, as I will also send my kids to a driving school that teaches more than how to park a car and do a 3 point turn.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:26 AM
125shifter
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

When I was 15 going through driver's ed we had to watch the films made by the Ohio Highway Safety Dept (or something like that). I think kids today should have to watch them. JMHO.

This is gruesome and I feel sorry for her family and friends, but hopefully at least one person that has seen this will think twice about drinking and driving.

My son will also get an advanced teen driving school before he drives by himself.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:36 PM
pk951
Burning Brakes

Dewolf

You should delete that link not something the general public should be looking at. It would show respect to the family.

Quick Reply: KEEP YOUR PORSCHES LOCKED AWAY