Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Purchased 991.1 C2S. Worst experience ever.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 07:45 PM
rubenhak
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sccchiii
Just my honest feedback....

2) if dealership told you that radar detector was to be removed before deal was consummated then why the big deal afterward? All of a sudden you're using legal contract language to change the terms they told you before you wrote check?
Well, the dealer was supposed to check and confirm the removal of the radar. The dealer was silent about the removal during the negotiations, when I agreed to the deal verbally, and during the signing the contract and when I wrote the check. So I naturally assume that there is nothing to be removed. The moment I wrote the check and left the office the dealer told me about the removal.

Regardless of the earlier mentioning of the possibility of the removal of the radar, isn't this called false advertising to show photos of something that is not included with the car? And by saying photos I mean close up photos of the radar and the keypad.
Old 11-13-2016, 07:50 PM
rubenhak
Racer

On the bright note. Received the car. It looks and feels great. They didn't do a clean job to remove the radar. Waiting for them to replace the cover that was cut during installation of the radar. But even that does not really bother much. See the pictures below:

Old 11-13-2016, 09:51 PM
j.kenzie@sbcglobal.net
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

Beautiful car. I see why you wanted it so much. Soon all the BS will be forgotten.
Good luck,
Dave
Old 11-14-2016, 11:13 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

The car is absolutely stunning. Just focus on that and (eventually) forgive the dealer for having a bad day.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:20 PM
991.2forme
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for sharing your experience, it definitely seems to have been a stressful one.

If they had close up sales pictures of the car with the radar in it, that's on them. If they sold you the car and the paperwork said "as is" with the radar in in the car, that's on them.

Frankly, I'm surprised that they would not just handle their mistake professionally and use it as an internal training opportunity on how to market their products accurately. The mistake should have been solely at their expense, not yours (in terms of your time, money, stress, etc.)

But hey, that's one gorgeous car! Congratulations, I hope you enjoy it!
Old 11-14-2016, 12:57 PM
cairo94507
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 74 Posts

I agree with sccchiii above. All indications pointed to a dealership one would not want to do business with from the beginning. Not sure where you are, but driving 50 miles is not a big deal. Anytime you let emotions enter a negotiation, you lose. There are tons of these cars available on lease returns. Best to be patient and deal matter of factly with the dealership. They want to sell, you want to buy. You have the advantage.

I hope you can put this buying experience behind you and enjoy your car. BTW, please do not return to that dealership for service work unless you want more anxiety and grief.
Old 11-14-2016, 02:00 PM
Speedster911
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 61 Posts

Beautiful car - crappy dealer experience. Don't want to hijack this tread but let me post about a positive P dealership experience!

I just took my car for service to Fletcher Jones in Fremont as I am pissed at my regular/ local P dealer. All I can say is what everyone is saying on RL about Gunter the service manager @ FJ is accurate!! - he rocks and he has passion about our cars. Everyone I dealt with at the dealership focuses on customer service... everyone!!

I will never go to another P dealership in NO CA as long as Gunter is @ the fremont dealership. Also Ron who worked on my car took the time to explain what he discovered (something I have been complaining about for over a year on my RS). Took him all of 10 minutes

it's over 60 miles from my home but I Recommend Fletcher Jones in Fremont CA to anyone in NO CA
Old 11-14-2016, 03:19 PM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

your recourse was clear: stop payment on the check

you can now complain to PCA

you'd better hope there is a decent dealer near you as these cars are not exactly DIY

there is an old story about how to build a monkey trap: you put something like a banana that the monkey really really wants inside a large, heavy jar with a tiny hole

the monkey reaches in and grabs the banana but with his fist closed he cannot withdraw his hand

he is trapped by his desire
Old 11-14-2016, 04:16 PM
rubenhak
Racer

Originally Posted by j.kenzie@sbcglobal.net
Beautiful car. I see why you wanted it so much. Soon all the BS will be forgotten.
Good luck,
Dave
Originally Posted by NineMeister
The car is absolutely stunning. Just focus on that and (eventually) forgive the dealer for having a bad day.
Absolutely, in the end of the day none of those can ruin the experience. Very happy with the car.

Originally Posted by 991.2forme
Thanks for sharing your experience, it definitely seems to have been a stressful one.

If they had close up sales pictures of the car with the radar in it, that's on them. If they sold you the car and the paperwork said "as is" with the radar in in the car, that's on them.

Frankly, I'm surprised that they would not just handle their mistake professionally and use it as an internal training opportunity on how to market their products accurately. The mistake should have been solely at their expense, not yours (in terms of your time, money, stress, etc.)

But hey, that's one gorgeous car! Congratulations, I hope you enjoy it!
Forgot to share the listings before. See the both pictures here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dgahg5u28y...ite_1.pdf?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3p4z53zxep...ite_2.pdf?dl=0

The only thing they cares is to make few more pennies. And I don't think it was a mistake to advertise the car with the radar, but instead to attract more potential customers. They did false advertising, a term that I was not aware of, but learned two days ago

Originally Posted by cairo94507
I agree with sccchiii above. All indications pointed to a dealership one would not want to do business with from the beginning. Not sure where you are, but driving 50 miles is not a big deal. Anytime you let emotions enter a negotiation, you lose. There are tons of these cars available on lease returns. Best to be patient and deal matter of factly with the dealership. They want to sell, you want to buy. You have the advantage.

I hope you can put this buying experience behind you and enjoy your car. BTW, please do not return to that dealership for service work unless you want more anxiety and grief.
Originally Posted by Speedster911
Beautiful car - crappy dealer experience. Don't want to hijack this tread but let me post about a positive P dealership experience!

I just took my car for service to Fletcher Jones in Fremont as I am pissed at my regular/ local P dealer. All I can say is what everyone is saying on RL about Gunter the service manager @ FJ is accurate!! - he rocks and he has passion about our cars. Everyone I dealt with at the dealership focuses on customer service... everyone!!

I will never go to another P dealership in NO CA as long as Gunter is @ the fremont dealership. Also Ron who worked on my car took the time to explain what he discovered (something I have been complaining about for over a year on my RS). Took him all of 10 minutes

it's over 60 miles from my home but I Recommend Fletcher Jones in Fremont CA to anyone in NO CA
cairo94507, Speedster911, I will respond to you guys combines since your messages were related. When they removed the radar, they didnt replace the mirror cover which was cut to fit the wiring. Dealer wanted the cover to be replaced at their service department, but I said that I'm not stepping into Sonnen Porsche anymore, and they should send the order request to Fletcher Jones in Fremont, CA since i live in Fremont CA.

Originally Posted by r911
your recourse was clear: stop payment on the check

you can now complain to PCA

you'd better hope there is a decent dealer near you as these cars are not exactly DIY

there is an old story about how to build a monkey trap: you put something like a banana that the monkey really really wants inside a large, heavy jar with a tiny hole

the monkey reaches in and grabs the banana but with his fist closed he cannot withdraw his hand

he is trapped by his desire
Completely agree. I got into a trap. But on the other hand I've been searching for such a 911 for last 3-4 months. It is very close to the end of the year, and I absolutely had to purchase the 911 in 2016. If not this one, I'm not sure if I would find another one with similar packages, year and colors.

Anyways, thank you guys very much for comments and suggestions. Its is always useful to see diversified opinions.

One more thing. Just ordered the SmartTop from mod4cars. Its coming in sometime next week. Hope this will make convertible rides more fun
Old 11-14-2016, 05:31 PM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

ok, this sounds like a tax issue re the 2016 purchase

besides PCNA, you can file a complaint with Calif's Consumer Protection agency - these are usually in the Attorney General's Office

be sure to include the false advertising claim
Old 11-14-2016, 05:43 PM
rubenhak
Racer

Originally Posted by r911
ok, this sounds like a tax issue re the 2016 purchase

besides PCNA, you can file a complaint with Calif's Consumer Protection agency - these are usually in the Attorney General's Office

be sure to include the false advertising claim
It is, otherwise I would just run away from them.

I will just wait for a week for the second key to arrive and the mirror cover replaced in the Fletcher Jones Porsche.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:58 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,143 Likes on 817 Posts

Love the interior.

Oh just one more point. You kept saying" cash". Cash is cash everything else isn't
If you paid me by cheque I would never let you leave until the cheque cleared.
Money scams live on the principle all cheques are good
Old 11-14-2016, 06:11 PM
rubenhak
Racer

Originally Posted by theiceman
Love the interior.

Oh just one more point. You kept saying" cash". Cash is cash everything else isn't
If you paid me by cheque I would never let you leave until the cheque cleared.
Money scams live on the principle all cheques are good
Yeah, that was another requirement that limits the choices. Wanted non-black interior.

Well, regarding "cash". From my experience "cash" when buying cars financed vs non finances purchase. Nobody expects a hard case full of of paper cash inside. When you go to the farmers market, you pay hard cash for a bag of tomatoes. But on the other side when you make an illegal deal of drugs and firearms cash is expected to be in a form of unmarked $20 bills in a hard case Maybe I'm wrong, but that was my understanding of cash.

Also, they ran some credit verification, not inquiry, just to get a confidence that the check will clear.

So far do not see the check cleared. Should I be worried?
Old 11-14-2016, 07:09 PM
grgallo
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 71 Posts

it's a beautiful car, there are others available, my policy: if I'm disrespected and lied to, yelled at you do not get my money, the end.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:03 PM
rubenhak
Racer

Originally Posted by grgallo
it's a beautiful car, there are others available, my policy: if I'm disrespected and lied to, yelled at you do not get my money, the end.
That's naturally first thing that comes to mind to do, but on the other hand if I were to take down the signed contract the manager would get exactly what he wants. He would sell this car to another guy that was there in the dealership about 30 minutes prior to that for a higher price. That would actually be a favor to him. Instead I will take actions so that other customers do not get into his hands.

Quick Reply: Purchased 991.1 C2S. Worst experience ever.