Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Purchased 991.1 C2S. Worst experience ever.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 12:14 AM
tone40
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default As soon as you get the keys and other items from Sonnen....

Immediately start the complaint process with state agencies and PCNA. Porsche controls their reputation diligently, even if a franchise arrangement. Demand that the dealer or PCNA compensate you for your troubles (at minimum the cost of gas for your multiple trips). Do you have the title warranty and temporary registration in hand? Speak with the regional PCNA customer service rep. If he doesn't satisfy you, find out the PCNA executive or CEO in Atlanta and make a call to him. Make a big stink. The treatment is not acceptable and should be addressed by upper management. Good luck.

Last edited by tone40; 11-15-2016 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-15-2016, 12:46 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,775 Likes on 5,140 Posts

Originally Posted by rubenhak
[*]Vehicle was listed on sale by Sonnen Porsche on Oct 23, 2016. No pictures of the car neither in cars.com nor at the dealer web site.
We're talking about Sonnen Porsche? A forum sponsor for the 991 board?
Old 11-15-2016, 02:38 AM
rubenhak
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tone40
Immediately start the complaint process with state agencies and PCNA. Porsche controls their reputation diligently, even if a franchise arrangement. Demand that the dealer or PCNA compensate you for your troubles (at minimum the cost of gas for your multiple trips). Do you have the title warranty and temporary registration in hand? Speak with the regional PCNA customer service rep. If he doesn't satisfy you, find out the PCNA executive or CEO in Atlanta and make a call to him. Make a big stink. The treatment is not acceptable and should be addressed by upper management. Good luck.
Yeah, I'm going to take car of that definitely. Such managers should not be allowed to works with customers. From paperwork I have received the sale contract, due bill, and the temporary registration is attached to the windshield.
Old 11-15-2016, 02:46 AM
rubenhak
Racer

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
We're talking about Sonnen Porsche? A forum sponsor for the 991 board?
Yep, the Sonnen Porsche in Mill Valley, CA.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:10 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,143 Likes on 817 Posts

Yeah, that was another requirement that limits the choices. Wanted non-black interior.

Well, regarding "cash". From my experience "cash" when buying cars financed vs non finances purchase. Nobody expects a hard case full of of paper cash inside. When you go to the farmers market, you pay hard cash for a bag of tomatoes. But on the other side when you make an illegal deal of drugs and firearms cash is expected to be in a form of unmarked $20 bills in a hard case Maybe I'm wrong, but that was my understanding of cash.

Also, they ran some credit verification, not inquiry, just to get a confidence that the check will clear.

So far do not see the check cleared. Should I be worried?
not if you have the car.

you can always cancel it withdraw the funds and skip the country with the car
Old 11-15-2016, 01:12 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

well the ironic part of all this is you are posting in the wrong forum ...

you should be posting in the 991 forum .. we should have a mod move this into the forum they sponsor.

Old 11-15-2016, 01:41 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 726 Likes on 397 Posts

I would contact PCNA for sure.

I'd also find out who actually owns the dealership and complain directly to them. You are more likely to get results from someone with a financial interest than the Porsche corporate drones. If I were treated like that here, Roger Penske would get an earful!!

I would also never darken their doors again. Wouldn't service the car there, wouldn't even buy a soda from the vending machine.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:55 PM
rubenhak
Racer

Originally Posted by theiceman
not if you have the car.

you can always cancel it withdraw the funds and skip the country with the car
Cant you skip the country when you finance?
Old 11-15-2016, 02:01 PM
rubenhak
Racer

well the ironic part of all this is you are posting in the wrong forum ...

you should be posting in the 991 forum .. we should have a mod move this into the forum they sponsor.

Which 991 forum are you referring to? I dont think I understand.
I dont think I need to post somewhere else. The purpose of this posting was me to collect unbiased feedback and I very much appreciate that.
Old 11-15-2016, 02:42 PM
SiberianDVM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont think I need to post somewhere else. The purpose of this posting was me to collect unbiased feedback and I very much appreciate that.
I think he meant this one:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-221/

The one that clearly says sponsored by Sonnen Porsche on the forum header. This forum is for Porsche drivers who like their cars to smell like old shoes and burnt oil.

I'm still blown away that anyone would pay $4k for a radar detector, especially now that lane avoidance radar has ruined the K band (some small towns around here still use K).
Old 11-15-2016, 04:44 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

this forum is dedicated to owners of older air cooled cars up to 89 and is used primarily for technical support of those cars .. well okay its used primarily to insult each other .. but we do help technically from time to time. Rarely do any of us even approach a dealer on anything , but of course we have lots of opinions to share.

The owners of 991s like yours are usually found in the water cooled forum . They are much more used to dealing with the antics of salesmen and dealerships.

I avoid dealerships like the plague .. they cant do anything for me and certainly do not even recognize my car.
Old 11-15-2016, 05:48 PM
rubenhak
Racer

Originally Posted by SiberianDVM
I think he meant this one:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-221/

The one that clearly says sponsored by Sonnen Porsche on the forum header. This forum is for Porsche drivers who like their cars to smell like old shoes and burnt oil.

I'm still blown away that anyone would pay $4k for a radar detector, especially now that lane avoidance radar has ruined the K band (some small towns around here still use K).
this forum is dedicated to owners of older air cooled cars up to 89 and is used primarily for technical support of those cars .. well okay its used primarily to insult each other .. but we do help technically from time to time. Rarely do any of us even approach a dealer on anything , but of course we have lots of opinions to share.

The owners of 991s like yours are usually found in the water cooled forum . They are much more used to dealing with the antics of salesmen and dealerships.

I avoid dealerships like the plague .. they cant do anything for me and certainly do not even recognize my car.
Ok, now I understand. I was just trying to find the most General forum section and searched for "911", since this matter is not really specific to a car model. If the moderator thinks there is a better section available, please go ahead and move it.

Forgive me the little knowledge about radio frequencies, but whats the issue with the K band?
Old 11-15-2016, 06:26 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

I think K band is used by car radar which is used for blind spot detection and forward and rear collision avoidance .. so you will get lots of false triggers if you are using a K band radar detector.
personally I don't use a radar detector, not worth the headaches.
Old 11-15-2016, 08:03 PM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

I use a V-1 - very few headaches on the newest model.

It's good for all of us to get info about buying new cars, and on dealers.
Old 11-16-2016, 12:30 AM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm extremely disappointed in Sonnen.
I have been doing business w/ the parts & service department team for over a decade now. I know all of them very well.
I tried buying a Cayenne last year from them and the car sales team was lack luster. I didn't want to throw names around of key management from Service & Parts that i have their mobile number and stay in touch. I ended up buying another Cayenne w/ a super smooth transaction (literary took 5 minutes over the phone to reach a deal/ work out details / deposit / day of pickup) in SB Porsche and never done business w/ them. Any-how i'm going to forward this thread to the individuals i know that work at Sonnen as this is NO WAY to treat a customer.

Quick Reply: Purchased 991.1 C2S. Worst experience ever.