Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Home Built Hot Rod (With full build videos)

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 02:51 AM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another good effort Jeff👍
Old 05-26-2016, 09:19 AM
MFX233
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 34 Posts

I have finally finished the last of the fabrication work I need to do before paint. I have spent the last week building the RSR style strut braces, front and rear, for my car. I am pretty happy with the result, so hopefully I can finish up the final prep of the engine bay, interior and the froot for so I can seam seal and repaint the stone guard.

Old 05-31-2016, 02:28 AM
MFX233
Racer

Hey guys. After my first spray booth video, I had some thoughts and I have come up with some improvements to the booth, so that it will be safer and also should work better to give me a better paint finish (I hope).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aoH...ature=youtu.be
Old 06-12-2016, 08:02 PM
MFX233
Racer

Well I have had a bit more progress this week. I have painted the inside of the wheel arches and inside the bumpers and front guards. I decided to do them in black because, although I think cars look great with the body colour under the wheel arches, I know that I won't be cleaning under there too regularly. The car will get driven, so I know they would just end up looking messy. Black keeps it neat and simple.

That brings me to the final body colour. If you watch the video, I am running a competition to guess the colour. For the first person to guess the correct colour and post it in the comments on the video, I will do a sketch similar to the one I did of my car, of the car of their choice and post it to them where ever they are in the world.

Here is the vid.

Old 06-12-2016, 09:21 PM
psychoideas
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Jeff,
I'm just curious about obtaining an ADR certificate for your car.
I've done to 911 imports now and both times I had to get an engineer to inspect and give me a ADR certificate prior to it being registered. They had to meet adr for the year they were manufactured.
Just wondering what your plans are seeing that you've modified it so much from how it would have been imported originally.

Anyway, love the vids.
Frank
Stanley Victoria.
Old 06-12-2016, 09:28 PM
MFX233
Racer

Originally Posted by psychoideas
Hi Jeff,
I'm just curious about obtaining an ADR certificate for your car.
I've done to 911 imports now and both times I had to get an engineer to inspect and give me a ADR certificate prior to it being registered. They had to meet adr for the year they were manufactured.
Just wondering what your plans are seeing that you've modified it so much from how it would have been imported originally.

Anyway, love the vids.
Frank
Stanley Victoria.
The car has already been registered in Australia, so I am hoping that I can just get a blue slip (which is what you need to register an unregistered car in NSW) and register it. That said, if I have any issues, I can bolt back on the impact bumpers, and original front guards and then the only real thing changed will be the colour and wide rear guards. I am sort of working like an ostrich with its head in the sand at the moment and hoping it will all work out
Old 06-13-2016, 04:22 AM
psychoideas
Drifting

Originally Posted by MFX233
The car has already been registered in Australia, so I am hoping that I can just get a blue slip (which is what you need to register an unregistered car in NSW) and register it. That said, if I have any issues, I can bolt back on the impact bumpers, and original front guards and then the only real thing changed will be the colour and wide rear guards. I am sort of working like an ostrich with its head in the sand at the moment and hoping it will all work out
Ahhhh, you're all good to go then. If it's been registered you won't have any troubles. Too cool, keep up the good work.

Frank
Old 06-13-2016, 05:59 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Not even going to try to guess the color, lol. Just wanted to chime in that it is coming along great!
Old 06-14-2016, 12:09 AM
MFX233
Racer

Thanks mate. The colour has now been guessed correctly, so it will finally be revealed in the next video.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:49 PM
GTS Sully
Pro

Received 151 Likes on 87 Posts

Been fun following this whole build. Great stuff, Jeff. Looking forward to the final product.

BTW, speed yellow or burnt orange sure would look good.
Old 06-18-2016, 12:12 AM
MFX233
Racer

Well the colour is on! I have painted the internal parts of the car, and overall I am pretty happy. I did have a couple of spots where the paint reacted a bit. That was on both seat rails and a small area on the parcel shelf. It is possibly from a bit of contamination that I didn't clean perfectly, or from some issues under the previous paint which is probably more likely. Either way, I will be touching up those bits. Anyway here is the video.

Old 06-18-2016, 01:38 AM
psychoideas
Drifting

Awesome!!!!
Old 06-19-2016, 05:05 AM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great colour choice Jeff👍
Old 06-20-2016, 05:50 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Love orange! The car is going to look amazing!
Old 06-20-2016, 06:56 PM
MFX233
Racer

Thanks guys. I didn't want it to fade into the background, and I think the orange is just the ticket for that

Quick Reply: Home Built Hot Rod (With full build videos)