Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

just got my 84 carrera targa home...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 07:18 AM
WPOZZZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mondrian
Does it have a sticker on the front boot with option codes as Is the case on later models such as G50 3.2 & 964?
Originally Posted by kkswow12
unfortunately, no...
Do you have the owners manual? If it is the original, there may be a sticker affixed to one of the pages with your option codes.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:15 AM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by kkswow12
very nice, was there a 2 output exhaust that was available as an option back in 84? i would like to have that and what about the sound...does it sound different than with single outlet? i will be changing a few things here and there, not sure what yet, and thats part of the fun, cheers, kk
Thanks KK. The duel output is aftermarket, it's a fabspeed unit. I cant compare it to a single output aftermarket, because I never had one, just the stock single output. In comparison to that, coupled w/ the cat bypass, it's sounds simply awesome. I've been approached a number of times from enthusiasts, drawn to the sound and asking what work I've had done. If you go w/ a Carrera tail swap, you should leave the chin spoiler, it's if you go tail-less, it should be removed.
Here's a good comparison pic for the prototipo. If you look at my previous pic, it had the stock wheel w/ a red dash and also red along top of door cards! I had it all changed to black and slapped on the momo.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: just got my 84 carrera targa home...