Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Tails!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

My $0.02:

Wide body config... 3.3 whale tail or something more wild.

Narrow body... wife says no spoilers, I like the 3.2 Carrera tail, or a '75 Carrera tail if one could be found.

Narrow body/long hood/long wheelbase ('69-73)... Duck or no spoiler.

Pre-'69... No spoilers
Attached Images    
Old 02-01-2012, 05:45 PM
g-50cab
Drifting

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Reiver
Like in a cheap cigar....
straight line or road course?
Old 02-01-2012, 05:53 PM
pdqcarrera
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

BTW, my Caddilac has 556 HP and would smoke 99.9% of the P's on this site, while listening to 8 Bose speakers lol.
Hope you can get help with your smoking problem and good for you that you have the sound system to drown out the GM cacaphony, as for me I prefer to listen to the sweet music of my non-smoking boosted air cooled boxer. :-P
Old 02-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Reiver
Drifting

Received 114 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by g-50cab
straight line or road course?
They are apples/oranges but I've smoked high end Bimmers in the mountains with the handling not the HP. For a 4 door car thay are amazing. The sport suspension is flat...I got almost 40K miles from my mich pilots on the car and there was totally even wear across the front tires, the geometry of the car and weight distro is excellent.
I love my Porsche but it could not stay with the CTSV even if the road was twisty, maybe on a go cart course.
BTW, most really fast cars here are modified...how many new P's come with 556 hp stock? (the 100k model Carrera turbo S @ 530 but the rest 350/400 which is great fun in a P car btw) BTW the Caddy suspension was tuned/tested at Nurburgring.
Not bad for a 'luxury sedan' that cost 40k less than the 530 hp P.
It ain't your Dad's Cadillac.
Go drive one and you will be amazed.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Reiver
Drifting

Originally Posted by pdqcarrera
Hope you can get help with your smoking problem and good for you that you have the sound system to drown out the GM cacaphony, as for me I prefer to listen to the sweet music of my non-smoking boosted air cooled boxer. :-P
I know what you mean...love the sound of my ac boxer too.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:56 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

They are apples/oranges but I've smoked high end Bimmers in the mountains with the handling not the HP. For a 4 door car thay are amazing. The sport suspension is flat...I got almost 40K miles from my mich pilots on the car and there was totally even wear across the front tires, the geometry of the car and weight distro is excellent.
I love my Porsche but it could not stay with the CTSV even if the road was twisty, maybe on a go cart course.
BTW, most really fast cars here are modified...how many new P's come with 556 hp stock? (the 100k model Carrera turbo S @ 530 but the rest 350/400 which is great fun in a P car btw) BTW the Caddy suspension was tuned/tested at Nurburgring.
Not bad for a 'luxury sedan' that cost 40k less than the 530 hp P.
It ain't your Dad's Cadillac.
Go drive one and you will be amazed.
Don't need to drive one. We love our slow, C 350 Benz more than I can tell you.

Regarding your highlighted comment, it's been said by someone far wiser than me, "The worst car built today is better than the best car built twenty years ago." What's your P-car, almost thirty years old? You can't compare those cars, the current value of a nice, late SC is about $15K, but a CTS-V will set you back at least $65-70K. BTW; I believe I saw something on Speed that classified the CTS-V as a "High Performance Sports Coupe", not a luxury sedan.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Reiver
Drifting

Pete, I know that...just responding to the "drive it like a Caddy" comment Knew it would rattle chains lol. Did too.
Honestly tho, it is an amazing car and Caddy has redefined the Cadillac image. We traded our Mercedes in on the Caddy, had way too many electrical problems with it that could not be 'found/figured out'.

Quick Reply: Tails!