Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

of deep gratitude

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 05:56 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This reminds me of a little song...just kidding. Doyle, no YOU're cool,haha. Let me know if R12hay Ex-say Fed-nay, gratis-say send-ay... Probably ground, not air.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:59 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rusnak,..you FUNNY!!!!!!!!!

,..love the humor,..keeps me young!!!!!!!

BEST!

Doyle
Old 06-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Harry L
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doyle:

Thanks for the kind words about the photo.

Neil mentions owning at least one 911 (I think it was a Speedster) in his book, Traveling Music: The Soundtrack Of My Life And Times - I think he referred to owning "Porsches" or "Carreras" too.

I will go back and look. As a life-long Rush and Porsche fan, I am embarrassed to not know the precise answer.

Harry
Old 06-10-2011, 06:19 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

No worries,..I'm prompted (too) to grab the book that speaks of a time in their lives (pretty much when the first checks started rolling in-way back (BTW) ). I, too, will check.....I can't believe I missed such a quoted comment from neil within Traveling Music (GREAT BOOK, BTW),...perhaps, I should reread it (hehehe)? Maybe he was comparing cars? I do recall him speaking of the BIG **** BMW he was driving THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll get my references in order..

That photo just looks like it's over the speed limit standing still..........a beaut, indeed!!!!!!!

BEST!

Doyle
Old 06-10-2011, 06:30 PM
Harry L
Rennlist Member

Thanks, Doyle!

I love your car too: The last and best of the original blood line.

3.2s are still the coolest-looking (and probably my favorite) 911s ever.

Harry
Old 06-10-2011, 06:43 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Thanks! I certainly love the 89,..and, of course, the fact that she's mine!!!!!!!!

Certainly, she speaks to me....

BEST!

Doyle
Old 06-10-2011, 06:52 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by rusnak
This reminds me of a little song...just kidding. Doyle, no YOU're cool,haha. Let me know if R12hay Ex-say Fed-nay, gratis-say send-ay... Probably ground, not air.
I thought this was a Ramone's song for a minute...
Old 06-10-2011, 06:57 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Ramones?,..singing of R12?

..much less, FedEx?

Rusnak's a frikin HOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From "day-one"...

Doyle
Old 06-10-2011, 07:01 PM
whalebird
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Harry, thank for joining the discussion. Porsches and RUSH are two of my greatest passions and I am overjoyed when they can overlap.
Dshepp, glad the top off went as perscribed and I do want to here your reflections. If your hanging out this evening I will call.
I'm still a little "speechless" from all of this, I am very "vibrant" right now. As for C3PO...the force is very strong.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:04 PM
whalebird
Race Car

Doyle, shared my "event" this week with a local musician and told him you caught RUSH when opening for Uriah Heep. He said "cool band (UH)...'Stealing When I Should Be Lying'. I will google
Old 06-10-2011, 10:27 PM
yumyum1667
Racer

Score! You just never know when the planets will align.

This reminds me of years back when my wife and I had just left the U2 show (we are both huge fans) to head home to bed.

Later that weekend we ran into a friend of ours who said she had been trying to reach us via phone after the show because the band came into the high end restaurant where she worked. She knew we were big fans and said there not a lot of patrons that night and the band hung out for hours with the few staff that was at the bar.

Man talking about missing the boat. As a lesson learned always answer your phone!!!
Old 06-10-2011, 11:00 PM
thirdgenbird
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott C
It could not have happened to a nicer guy!
agreed!

i need to thank you again for your knowledge and time. i still dont feel like my car "out of the woods" yet but it is getting there. i hope to do a compression check this weekend.

Originally Posted by rusnak
Hey Doyle, I can send you some R12 - let me know how many small cans you need.
one of my coworkers has a full size bottle of R12 he has offered to sell me but i have no use for it. my porsche is AC free and my other two vehicles dont use R12.

speaking of other vehicles, the bronco has been GREAT! the AC was even ice cold through a 95+ degree spell we had. i like it so much i even splurged and installed a nice blaupunkt CD player with an sd card slot and bluetooth. the fusion has not moved in weeks
Old 06-11-2011, 11:03 AM
whalebird
Race Car

TGB...nice to have you here in the 911 forum. Lets get your 924S "right", but until then, nothing beats a Bronco. My BKO hasn't moved in a couple of weeks. Wife and baby have the 09 FX4, and my Dad let me have his 07 King Ranch for the time being...heated seats are underrated.
If I may introduce TGB to the community here; Casey is an enthusiastic, smart, capable enthusiast whom I enjoy a dialog with on occasion. We share interest (ownership past/present)in an uncanny parallel of cars; BMW e21, 924S, variety of Ford trucks including his latest 95 Bronco. More importantly he is be married (has it happened already?) and will most certainly have a wonderful family.
Casey, aim high...I see a 911 in your future.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by whalebird
heated seats are underrated.
You speak the truth! Mine are on all year-lower back nirvana.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:24 AM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Cool thread,..that has a technically cool relation,..my frikin' AC experience!

End's up that my friend had to leave early for the day and I had a meeting that would bring me there a bit late. We agreed to meet to hit about a 15 minute session and see what shakes.

I forgot the scales,..he forgot the R12 cans,..although he did have the bottle with R12. Initial gauge hookup indicated a degree of Freon IN the system *she was not bone dry*..we decided to quickly (for now) simply add freon (no evac on this visit),..metered the center vent,..feeling around for where heat SHOULD be and where COOLNESS should be (lines)...we did so, watching the gauges. I know that the system should take 47 oz on an evac system (at least, acc'g to Bentley). Had been advised by others that it may take only 15 to 24 oz to top off. I had plans to actually weigh the cylinder and determine exactly the quantity (in oz's) of R12 avail and what would be used., an correlate with the gauges. Low side showed us static, a 12 reading (indicating we've freon in there!@!,..good sign, as the clock is ticking)...got her idled at 2K RPMs then loaded....pressures moved as they should,... all looking good,..temp at ctr vent produced (and pretty damned quickly, I would add) a 49-50 degree reading....clock ticking,..went to look at site glass, as insructed and look for bubbles (or lack thereof)...damned thing was rotated soas NOT to be able to read it...not even with a mirror...simutaneously, I'm told, now that the tank is nearing it's exodus (remember, we've no cans nor time, now). Gauges ultimately showed us a 22 psi (spec= 12-30, of course, ambient temp-dependent),..with the high side showing us 155 psi (spec= 115-205, HIGHLY dependent of ambient temps,,...she's now consistently blowing 49 degrees at the vent,..I'm thinking she can take on a bit more freon but am happy with where we were for now, considering the calamities of the day...all done within ~20 minutes. We agree to meet again later (another day) to evac then reload, as originally planned. Drive home was GREAT,..nice and cool inside, for a 20 mile run. Comfortable, knowing the pressure weren't through the roof,..and, for now, a bit low.....BUT, I've great cooling, at least for this FACTORY setup...home for an hour,..then off to the wine store then a pull through the Arby's...during that stationary experience,..a bad event occured,..part 2 coming.......

Quick Reply: of deep gratitude