Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Interesting day with Berryman B12

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 11:25 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Interesting day with Berryman B12

I had plans to get the oil and filter changed out today. She was on empty on the gas gauge (no reserve light),..so I take her up to the station and load 2 gallons (only). I'm sure reserve was ready to give that "dim" glow" at anyminute,..so I (safely) assume I've about 4 gallons in the tank,..head to the FLAPS anf get the Berryman B12 (first time for me, as I've always used Techron)...'tis a bottle that treats 6-22 gallons (WTF?)...I load about 2/3's of this bottle then go spend some RPMs time with the girl..when done, she had about a gallon in her, so I loaded her with a full tank then hit another 30 miles....I cannot believe the instant response she's providing now...I'm sure I'm dealing with my original 1989 injectors,..but man-o-man was she pulling strong afterwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back home, it's oil change time,..loading 10.5 quarts of Brad Penn 20W50,..and a fresh OC54 filter,...had a hellava time getting this frikin filter aligned and mounted,,after ALL OF THESE YEARS, I now notice the 3 red marks on the rubber AND the side displayed marker showing WHERE the turn STARTS,...what a dumbass I am,..I just never noticed it......

Bottom line,..good day,..fresh fuel filter, as well,...I do believe these cylnders are getting a nice "spray"...........sure feels like it.

BEST!

Doyle
Old 04-03-2011, 11:28 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

BTW,..I've learned 2 lessons on messing with concentrated levels of Techron (outside of manufacturer's recc's),..not good,...my bad, too...the BerryMan seem to bode VERY well today.......not one frikin hiccup through the revs.......
Old 04-03-2011, 11:35 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Eyebrow raiser for sure, but all's well that ends well.

I thought "oh the possibilities" when I read the thread title. Berryman's for pain relief, lol just kidding....
Old 04-03-2011, 11:45 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

I've shoulder surgery next Thursday,..and I'm convincd that I won't see BarryMan's in the post-op mix!!!!!!!!!!!! Hell,,....won't be able to drive her fior a good while....the Wife has plans, apparently,..and I'll be placed i her (AUTO) Camry extra car...........wow...............
STill,..I'd like to send the frikin (original) injectors of for testing....she's running SO strong, however...somes leave well enough alone...? I could really FEEL the Berryman additive.....no jokes.'

Doyle
Old 04-03-2011, 11:47 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Chances are, you still have some B-12 in your system. Centrum Silver is powerful stuff, just kidding again!

I'd leave well enough alone, and be sure to fill the tank with good gas.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:41 AM
whalebird
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice post and update. In appliqué to Mercedes diesels, I was taught to load the cleaner (BG 44K in this case) with a full tank - full bottle/concentrate for ~ 20gals. Run this cocktail down to half tank, then refill and run the resulting mixture to empty. I'm a bit skeptic when it comes to exotic chemicals, but a conservative regimen of quality fuel system cleaner can be a good thing.
Take care of your shoulder (front leg), power steering will feel good for a while.
Had a great time at the RUSH show sat. night, you guy's would not believe how hard Dshepp worked to make it even better. PM on it's way Shepp.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:04 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Yes, I run a can of BG44K in a full tank approx every six months. It does make a difference afterwards.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:07 PM
whalebird
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Difference, yes. We used to joke; "if you don't have a problem when you use 44K, you will after".
Old 04-04-2011, 05:48 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

WB, did it cause problems with your customer cars?
Old 04-04-2011, 08:20 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Dumbarse me,..I've learned a few lessons about using a "concentrated" mixture of Techron.....weird: Techron gives you specific bottle quantity to match the gallons of gas. My recollection on the BerryMan instructions was to use bottle for a 6-22 gallon treatment,...don't recall a mention about ratio'g anything...so, I only used a half bottle on 4 gallons,..drove the **** out of her for 2 1/2 gallons consumption,..then loaded the tank up with fresh fuel,..next was the oil change...

As to the Techron overloads,..I actually had her not want run at a few points,..although she recovered, in the end....I posted this before (got slammed a bit for it)....

MAN,..is she running so much better....I can really feel the difference.

What is the exact problem that could/would ensue with a concentrated ratio (to gas volume) of/with this product?

Doyle

Quick Reply: Interesting day with Berryman B12