Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

ezcar lift

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 05:08 PM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ezcar lift

hello, anyone interested in the ezcar lift, check the website for info, at 1625 delivered? let me know i need at least 3 to get this price.
Attached Images      
Old 03-25-2008, 05:12 PM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Default web site

http://www.ezcarlift.com/
Old 03-25-2008, 08:17 PM
moliver
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you drop an engine with it?
Old 03-25-2008, 09:03 PM
DSC928
Racer

If you don't mind a 928 owner joining in . I might be interested. I've been looking for some car lift options.

Do you have any first hand knowledge of this lift?
Old 03-26-2008, 03:39 AM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Default lift

hello DSC, you may join no problem, actually i listed on almost every board but did not include the 928, my apoligies. please go to the 964 forum and look at colins post he gives a reference site, click on that and check out what this owner says, very good detail of lift and how he describes it to perform.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:42 AM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Default lift picture. better detail

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7aq8e/continued/id25.html
Old 03-26-2008, 10:40 AM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

very interesting? will this work well on a porsche 911 of 84-89 vintage?
Old 03-26-2008, 10:59 AM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Default lift

Hello Ray, yes it will work on your car. if you take a look at my first post there is an early 911 jacked up on the unit. if you are interested i would find out , i know it will but i will have it guaranteed that it fits your car. not going to sell you something that will not work
Old 03-26-2008, 11:03 AM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Default lift

Actually Ray, that car is real early, bust rest assured it will fit your car. i think 84 0n to 1994 has the same measurment as far as jacking point spacing under the car for actual lift point/ when using a lift, not the tire jack, as some cars had the tire jack insert into the rocker panels on the bottom to jack it up like the SC's , correct me if i am wrong.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:04 AM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Default my apoligies

I meant Rey not Ray. my mistake
Old 03-26-2008, 10:44 PM
Oshin11
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Way too expensive for the amount of lift you get. For less than 2K you can get a lift that can lift your car above your head. I guess the premium is for the fact that it is compact?
Old 03-26-2008, 11:14 PM
Colin 90 C2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Only problem is that most garages can't fit a full size lift. Plus, a stationary lift is sometimes a pain to maneuver around.

This lift is perfect for a small garage or for the track. I haven't seen any full size stationary lifts at the track yet.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:43 AM
Brett San Diego
Burning Brakes

I noticed that the plate on the lift says only 4,000 lb capacity, less than the typical low end hydraulic lift (usually 6,000 lbs). Something to consider if you were thinking about using this on multiple cars at home. 4,000 lbs is not enough to lift my other cars. I bought a Bend-Pak portable low-rise lift with 6,000 lb capacity for $1350. Great tool. Now that I have one, I can't imagine working without it.

Brett
Old 03-27-2008, 02:36 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts

Why wouldn't you go for a mid-rise scissors lift? Benpak units are great, fit in a garage, as you mention, and can lift the car 4'6" off of the ground. Mine was about $1400 delivered a couple of years ago. As Oshin stated, this is way too much money for what you're buying.

There are a ton of guys who have mid-rise lifts in normal garages, here is where I got mine, it's the Model MD-6XP, which I see has gone up a bit, but is still a much better value than what you show for $1625. By the way, it worked great on the 928 too....

http://www.asedeals.com/mid_rise_lift.html
Old 03-27-2008, 12:13 PM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Default ezcar lift

Hello Ed, your one lucky man to have a tree car garage, hopefully one day I will have one to. This is what makes your situation diffent than most. You have the space and it can be designated in the third stand alone stall and you can park your car there and no one has to use it but you, you know how to park on it and how to back off, its a straight shot.

I have a two car garage with space on the left and right side when you pull in so i can pull in and cut over a bit, other wise if we pull straight in its tight for the left car to exit without worrying about door dings.

the ezcar lift is nice in the fact if its not in use, you can lean it against the wall and maybe make a securing leash on the wall so it cannot fall over accidently. plus if its stowed away the wife or grandma without her glasses or any one with out the greatest parking abilties can just pull right in without worrying about positioning.

dont get me wrong a steel low rise lift is nice if its going to be out the way and YOU NEVER , I MEAN NEVER SAY, DAMM THIS PIECE OF JUNK &%^%&* is in the way.

with the easy lift, i can remove it wash the garage down with the hose and its not in the way, do not have to worry about it rusting because i got it wet. no hydraulic residue. plus if a neighbor comes over who you really do not like you can say this is car specific. its not a universal lift, sorry. but go to Ed's house he has a universal and he will let you use his and i am sure its fits your car. just kidding

i understand where your coming from but this lift will be good for me and my application. do not plan on using it very often but then again i will not have to lay on the ground to wax the lower doors and rockers. just get something cold to drink and put the car in the air and a nice little rolling stool and i will be good to go. WHO KNOWS, MIGHT JUST PUT THE WIFE ON THAT THING AND WAX HER, THAT WILL SURELY MAKE IT MONEY WELL SPENT.

i want a lift, if you enjoy just being in the garage and working on your car or whatever, its worth the money no matter which one you buy. hell 2 years of B/S digital cable will pay for it.

If I ever get a different house I will make sure to get a 3 car garage. They can keep that crown moulding, and the granite countertops.

Quick Reply: ezcar lift