Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

ezcar lift

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 09:05 PM
flatsixnut
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have often thought about buying some type of lift. I have a one car garage. Its longer than standard garages but you can still only fit one car into it.

The one thing that really concerns me about these types of lifts is getting squished by my car.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:03 PM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default lift/ and safety

hello Flat6nut,

Ihear you, i work in the aviation field and my previous boss was always telling us to be careful when we work. he was crushed by his girlfriends car, he was changing the leafspring or something. He did not use any jack stands and got crushed. he was a really nice guy and only worked with him for 6 months. we had car ramps and i am pretty sure we have jack stands at the shop, wished he would of used them as he was a good man, may he rest in piece.

i am too concerned about the same thing, when i was younger i worked at a transmission place and they had this car on a two post lift and the guy was so concerned with getting the transmission out he did not notice the car was moving all over the place, i had to stop and tell him to be aware, this thing is going to fall if you keep doing that.

anylift can fail, i dont care if its all steel or what. look at backyard bubby how they talk about their locking mechanism compared to others, you need to see for your self. they have a 4 post that failed and it shows a picture.

everybody is talking about the bendpack md 6xp, well you have to crawl under the car to release the safety mechanism. so every unit has its pros and cons. bend pack has had lifts that they discontinued due safety reason. so just because its a name brand does not mean its risk free.

everyone for the most part is bashing this lift, i do not know why, have not even seen it. just because its light weight does not mean its not strong.

no matter what lift i get i am using secondary support if i am under it, i do not care if its the lift buit by nasa space institute. either jack stands or these http://www.hrpworld.com/index.cfm?fo...id=896,891,587 i might not buy these actual one but it did give me ideas. my life is worth the 299 if you ask me. hell if they fit i might but them. give me apiece og mind while im under the car.

unless you have full quality lift like in the dealership i would not work under without secondary support. i think i woud even be a little concerned at the dealership too to be honest.

i am going to get the ezcar lift way because of its convienence. and once the car is in the air i will use secondary support . then i can concerntrate what i am working on and not if the car is going to fall on me.

Quick Reply: ezcar lift