Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

The official MAXhpkit 911MAX challenge thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 07:06 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The official MAXhpkit 911MAX challenge thread

I've sent out the chips to the people who responded to my offer of trying my chips against other aftermarket chips and/or stock chips that they may have.

This thread is where I would like you to post your opinions, good or bad, just be honest, you don't owe me a thing. The community and I will benefit most from your honest impressions. If you have obscure modifications, your input can help me refine my mappings for your application.

I've also started a similar thread on my support forum at:
http://forums.maxhpkit.com/viewtopic.php?t=132

My support forum is primarily for questions or testimonials from my clients, it's not really a robust community forum like Rennlist by any means. But I do plan to enhance the tech sections to encompass information shared by myself and others as yet another tool for troubleshooting and howtos. If you are one of the people evaluating my products, or have purchased them, I ask that you register on my forum as well. If you don't feel like transposing your posts here onto my forum I can do that for you, or just put links there. Either way is fine. Currently there are 139 registered users on the support forum, and I have a client base of almost 500 cars running my products.

I would like to extend my gratitude to you all again for taking the time to evaluate my products.

Regards,
Russell
Old 01-25-2008, 07:44 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Russell, I can't wait for the rain to stop so I can drive her again. She has been locked in the shed all week. My first impression.....I don't have the words. As you know I have done several resto-mods to the car. The last one is your chip. The car is wicked responsive. It is smooth, quick, and predictable. Really the last motor mod I do without giving the car more suspention to handle it. It kinda turned my sissy little show car into a fire breathing dragon.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:36 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

weather update. The sun is out, the car is out, and she fired at first tap. Took her down for gas (that has droped 20 cents a gallon) and she is still wicked fast. I was trying to count how much time I have in each gear before I have to shift......about 4 seconds.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:50 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by douglas bray
weather update. The sun is out, the car is out, and she fired at first tap. Took her down for gas (that has droped 20 cents a gallon) and she is still wicked fast. I was trying to count how much time I have in each gear before I have to shift......about 4 seconds.
You're gonna get a ticket! The times you talked about it being hard to start, was it raining by chance? Or damp out? Or do you think the throttle cable just wasn't letting the idle switch close?

Reading you talk about driving the car makes me miss mine. I'm in NY right now and it's in MA. When I'm in MA I go driving every day it's not nasty out. And the weather over there is sooooo much better than here in NY, we haven't had any snow there except a couple of dustings, where as here in NY there's typically 2-3' on the ground all winter.

Did you ever get to speak to the gentlemen about the slantnose headlight parts?

Regards,
Russell
Old 01-26-2008, 03:12 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

No, 4:30 on a friday was not a good time to leave the office. I'll go see him monday afternoon. It's gotta just be the motors that open and close the lights.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:26 PM
mnmasotto
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Free 911Max chip

Well, as promised, I received my 911Max chip in the mail. It was nicely packaged and free of charge! I will remove my SW chip and install the 911Max chip this week. I will then post my experience on this forum.

Thanks, mark
Old 01-28-2008, 06:02 PM
ne ohio 911
Track Day

Russell,

Received the chip this Saturday. Unfortunately, the weather is not conducive to driving in Ohio right now. Waiting on a couple of days of good rain to wash away the salt. By the way, there is a Dyno located in my town. I am thinking about taking the car down when the roads clear to get some runs with your chip, Steve Wong's chip and the stock chip.

I had to turn down the idle adjustment a bit for Steve's chip. Will it be necessary to make additional adjustments when I install your chip?

Thanks!
Old 01-28-2008, 06:11 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by ne ohio 911
Russell,

Received the chip this Saturday. Unfortunately, the weather is not conducive to driving in Ohio right now. Waiting on a couple of days of good rain to wash away the salt. By the way, there is a Dyno located in my town. I am thinking about taking the car down when the roads clear to get some runs with your chip, Steve Wong's chip and the stock chip.

I had to turn down the idle adjustment a bit for Steve's chip. Will it be necessary to make additional adjustments when I install your chip?

Thanks!
There's no hurry, wait for better weather.

I don't understand why you would have to make an idle adjustment for a chip. But you may very well have to put it back like it was. But I can't say for sure, you'll just have to wait and see how it does. I understand you have a conversion done. I make my car idle right with the idle map of the chip, I just don't understand why you would get a chip, and then have to make a mechanical adjustment.

Thanks again!

Regards,
Russell
Old 01-28-2008, 06:12 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by mnmasotto
Well, as promised, I received my 911Max chip in the mail. It was nicely packaged and free of charge! I will remove my SW chip and install the 911Max chip this week. I will then post my experience on this forum.

Thanks, mark
Thank you Mark, looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Russell
Old 02-05-2008, 12:27 AM
mnmasotto
Rennlist Member

Default Chip exchange

Well I fulfilled my end of the bargain and installed the 911max chip yesterday morning. I have driven the car over the last 24 hrs with the new 911max chip. First off, both the 911max chip and Steve Wong chip are worlds better than the stock chip. I am extremely happy with the SW chip.

Facts: 1987 Carrera, recent top end with stock P/C's, 964 cam, extrude honed intakes, MK 1 in 1 out muffler, K&N air filter.

As far as the 911max chip goes - absolutely fantastic!!!! The following comments and impressions are from my "seat of the pants" dyno. 1) The car idles perfect. 2) There was no change in the idle speed when compared to my last chip or stock chip. 3)The car may run a tad better when cold. 4) The throttle response is absolutely great throughout the entire throttle range. 5) The car holds a constant engine speed on the freeway without a hitch. No surging or stalling of any kind.

At this point, the chip is an absolute 10/10. I can honestly say, performance wise, this would be your best bang for the buck if you are using a stock chip. The car drives the way I would expect a Porsche 911 to drive.

P.S. I do not know the owner or developer of this chip in any way, fashion or form.

Is there any way we can work out a deal for the MAF?????
Old 02-05-2008, 02:59 PM
mnmasotto
Rennlist Member

Arrow 911 MAF

Russel:
What is the availability for the 3.2L MAF? Will I need a new chip to work with the new MAF?
Mark
Old 02-05-2008, 03:48 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by mnmasotto
Russel:
What is the availability for the 3.2L MAF? Will I need a new chip to work with the new MAF?
Mark
Here's the deal with the MAF kit. I have on my car a Scivision MAF, I went back to the dyno and with it and the chip I optimized for it I got a total of 22HP gain over the stock chip and AFM. I have since spent another 4000 miles optimizing the part throttle maps and overall running. It's perfect. Now the bad news, the manufacturer of the Scivision kit has lost their source for the processor they use. So at the moment we're working together to do some market research to see if the redesign using another component more readily available is warranted and justified. This boils down to interest and production numbers. It will be quite expensive for us to offer this, so interest must be high. Currently MAF/chip kits for these cars seem to range in the 2500-3000 price range. I will offer my MAF kit w/chips for $1100.00 USD.

Also, regardless whether this MAF kit remains available or not there will be a MAF kit available, I'll just go another route. If I can get a MAF unit calibrated to the voltage scale per flow as the AFM I can again tweak the mappings to match it perfectly and still have a plug and play kit. Possibly even cheaper.

Another product I use, which I haven't discussed much over here in the 911 world is the Maxtune software. This allows you to have a stock or my modified maps in a memory emulator you can change on the fly. This gives you a graphic computer interface to change the fuel and timing maps, as well as rev limiter, cold start fuel enrichment, FQS scalar values, even a direct hex editor to modify code if you know how. It's a very powerful tool which allows you tune your own car (or have someone do it for you at a dyno shop) in real time, while the car is running. This will work with the MAF or AFM system.

I'm working on other products as well. Definitely stay tuned on the MAF kits, they will indeed be available one way or another. I still have availability on the existing Scivision units. I just don't know how many. It is a different chip to work with the Scivision, but the Scivision kit includes the chip at 1100, which is less than half of any other system currently available that I am aware of.

Regards,
Russell

Quick Reply: The official MAXhpkit 911MAX challenge thread