Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Buying my first Porsche, it's been an adventure to be sure (long) ...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

.....on second thought. If the diameter of the old and the new are different, it could change the stance of the car, and that could effect the camber toe and all that tecnical stuff that is way over my head. I am sure the tire sizes are close and you will not have any adverse efect. Measure the fender wells before and after. I'm sure you will be fine.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:59 PM
LUCKe27
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by douglas bray
Oh dear mother of Ferry, of course you are...It's going to be at least a $2,000 hit. NOT! It won't change the geometry at all, just the look. I am so jelious of you right now. This has been the best time I could ever ask for just sitting back and seeing you find the car of my dreams.
Douglas. You're already driving the car of your dreams. Ven blu met, baby.

Honestly, I would trade colors with you if I could. I love blue cars. I just wasn't patient enough to wait around for one. Don't get me wrong. I do like the black.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

we would all take your car. It's been funny to see all the guys from New Jersey torqued that you are takeing that car south. Just tell them we signed NAFTA and their ain't nuttin' they can do about it.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:34 PM
LUCKe27
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by douglas bray
we would all take your car. It's been funny to see all the guys from New Jersey torqued that you are takeing that car south. Just tell them we signed NAFTA and their ain't nuttin' they can do about it.
I had lunch with an old friend today. He was laughing because he has been trying to convince his wife that he should buy a 'fun' car . He was so excited to get back to his office and call her ... I think he was going to pop. Then, he almost blew a gasket when I sent him pictures of the car . Looks like I might get a dirty look from her next time we cross paths . Oh, well. It's good to have friends with similar hobbies. Now, I just have to find him a Porsche (I hear there are some great ones in Jersey ).

Quick Reply: Buying my first Porsche, it's been an adventure to be sure (long) ...