Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Wow, I don't get people sometimes!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 05:47 AM
2002M3Drew
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think people not familiar with 911s get spooked about what are normally simple things on these cars. They just don't know. I remember looking for mine a few years back, and I was nervous about just about everything...I mean, it is a 25 year old car, and the wrong one could put you upside down in a hurry, that much I knew. What I didn't know, however, was how honest and simple these machines are. This guy is probably looked past the money part of the equation and just thought about how much that new radiator would cost for the 911!
Old 12-01-2007, 06:48 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Black930
I hate tire kickers.
....and test pilots.

Marc
Old 12-01-2007, 07:30 PM
DARISC
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh my GAWD!! Prospective buyer CHANGES MIND!! GAMES being played by scurrilous TIRE KICKING BALFASTARD! READ ALL ABOUT IT!

Two (count 'em) pages (so far) of abject lamentation, puzzled confusion and shock that this could EVER HAPPEN!! ACTION, men (o.k., you women can join in too), we need to take ACTION!!

It's high time that this foppish fickle fool of a finagling flip flopper be identified, accosted and brought DOWN! He has ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT to, for ANY reason, honestly declared or otherwise, change his mind!

Sheesh!...does this guy think he's living free in a democratic capitalistic country or something?
Old 12-01-2007, 07:36 PM
UberXY
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Oshin11
S. Are people just flat out retarded? .
Yes.

Steve
84 911
Old 12-01-2007, 09:00 PM
DARISC
Racer

I was looking at a car once that the guy said he wanted to sell but couldn't settle on an asking price. I was getting a little frustrated and said "Well you must have some idea, ballpark, no?" "Well, I want to get as much as I can for it!". "And I want to get it as cheap as I can!" Needless to say, I then walked away - point being: SURPRISE! The arsehole can be on either side of the transaction. That's life.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:59 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,949 Likes on 2,926 Posts

sounds like the buyer found another car....

i'm surprised you received the ppi...usually when a buyer pays for the inspection, it is his property because he spent the money to have it performed..

if i were you i would fix the problems with the car and then try to sell it.

like i stated before green is a tough color to sell
Old 12-01-2007, 11:43 PM
Oshin11
Burning Brakes

Its not really green. And I would fix the thing that were wrong.....done. Nothing wrong It just confused the hell out of me because he was ready to walk off my driveway with the car and then decided to get a PPI for good measure, then bailed....PPI was super clean. Just odd.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:35 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,949 Likes on 2,926 Posts

when you sell a porsche the oddballs come out of the woodwork...

it might be better to store the car for the winter and wait till spring...it does not help the sale to keep it on the market for months as people will begin to think there is a problem with it..

OR you can lowball it and just get rid of it and be done

i love selling porsches...i've sold lots of my cars over the years...they have always been excellent examples like yours.

i wish i lived closer so i could help you out
Old 12-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Oshin11
... Are people just flat out retarded?
Maybe that's what he thought.
If you really thought it cost $150-300 to fix these things in order to seal a $21K deal, did you offer to do that? Maybe you should have, and so even if he didn't agree to it, it wouldn't be an issue for the next potential buyer. "No A/C and back-dated heating (THAT would confound just about anybody)" seem significant to me. He doesn't sound like a tire kicker to me, just a guy doing his due diligence.

Maybe he actually did just find a better one. It's easier to call off the wedding than to get a divorce. Welcome to the world of car sales.

Before I bought my car, I had PPI's done on three previous ones. All of them looked good, but had issues that the owners either disclosed and then tried to downplay, or simply were unaware of. NONE of them offered to rectify them. I graciously (I felt) handed them the PPI report and suggested that they consider fixing the items for the next guy who looks at it.

There are a lot of 911's out there. A lot of these cars have been bought in the last couple years by boomers tapping their house equity, and with the housing market the way it is now, that's not happening nearly as much lately - so it's a buyer's market. Why not approach your sale in the strongest position possible?

Or do you really want to sell it? Sounds like you're on the fence...

Last edited by Bearclaw; 12-02-2007 at 03:30 PM. Reason: afterthought

Quick Reply: Wow, I don't get people sometimes!!!