Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

I need help,SC totalled,searching recent sale prices

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Black930
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow sorry to hear of the harley rider in the accident glad your ok. best of luck with the insurance company.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:41 PM
KC911
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by murphyslaw1978
Well, you're supposed to dress as if you are going to fall, not in case you fall off the bike. Because if you hold the logic that I do, which is "it will probably happen," instead of "it might happen," then you have to decide what kind of safety gear you want to be wearing when you do fall. And that's why I try to dress in full protection.

Also, falling off the bike at 50 or 60 mph or hitting a car at an intersection around the city is different than a head-on collision. Not much chance to survive in the head-on...

I would still like to know how fast the Harley guy was going to produce a 911 as damaged as I'm seeing in the pictures.
I don't disagree with you at all about riding "smart". The sportbike idiots that I knicknamed "splat" are the ones the go all out in traffic, on bikes that simply haul a$$. Lost a buddy a bit over a year ago, he was being stupid, and was leaving another friend behind (easily over 100 mph) when a lady pulled right out in front of him...no chance whatsoever. Ride safe, and you'll probably be OK, ride like an idiot, and you'll go "splat" eventually. Didn't mean to hijack this thread. RIP Ray...

Keith
'88 CE coupe
Old 11-21-2007, 07:41 AM
DB_NC_95C2
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks everyone. I'm submitting my 'counter' to the adjuster today. PCA valuation, Excellence, black book, NADA and most important a detailed-as-you-know-what appraisal from the local shop where I had all the work done, appraisal from their buyer/reseller.

Ins first number was reasonable, but not what this car was worth considering its condition and content (you guys would bless me out if I listed all I did to that SC in 2.5 years, i.e. A/C, SSI, M&K etc etc etc) because I won't get that money back, but I will shoot high and hopefully we'll meet in the middle.

I am hoping to get a '95 C2 that just came to the reseller, local 2 owner car, perfect, just had its 60k done so send me good thoughts on the insurance and settlement and replacement.

Oh, the rider had no insurance, it just keeps getting more and more nightmarishly surreal. I was told that the medical examiner as a matter of practice when there's a fatality would have drawn blood, I just don't know his blood alcohol number yet, but my attorney will find that out.

I made the anonymous donation to his son's trust fund, right BEFORE I found out he has no insurance coverage on a 2006 Harley. I pray there was a lien and just different insurance than that which he had documentation for on his person.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:00 AM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,724 Likes on 1,071 Posts

Wow. Statistics show that rider who are not properly licensed or insured are much more likely to die or crash than those who are legal. Also, drug & alcohol account for the most deaths on a motorcycle.

Quick Reply: I need help,SC totalled,searching recent sale prices