Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

looking for a dash

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 09:42 AM
Shemmer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for a dash

I think my car will be going in for paint this winter so the windshield will be coming out. This will be the opportune time to replace the dash as my current one looks like a pretzel. I'm hoping to find one that hasn't been wraped in leather and is in good condition (not warped) so I can have it done myself. Anybody?

1981 930
Old 11-05-2007, 11:43 AM
scottb
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jason Cullen and Robert Budd both sell dashes, but I believe theirs are covered in leather. A new dash is expensive, and a used dash in good condition may be hard to find. Here's Robert's website: http://www.928leathershop.com/

Do a search on the 'net and on the Pelican board for Jason Cullen. He's in Northern California (408 area code). Good luck!
Old 11-06-2007, 01:30 AM
Dan Cobb
The Ancient One
Rennlist Lifetime Member

"Just Dashes" in Van Nuys, CA reforms dashes to original form/shape, etc. using newer materials and with better methods than most of the original cores that they repair/restore. They are not inexpensive; but they are about half of a factory replacement for my 84 Carrera. I was quoted $600 for black vinyl and $1200 for a leather covered. Factory leather color matches were available but only black was available in the formed vinyl.

I'm still trying to justify the expense and effort as I would also just go ahead and replace the old windshield if I have it out.
They have a website at <www.justdashes.com>
+++

Last edited by Dan Cobb; 11-06-2007 at 01:32 AM. Reason: no link
Old 11-06-2007, 01:37 AM
scottb
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've heard Just Dashes does very nice work. I've also heard they have a VERY slow turn-around. If you're going to consider them, be sure to find out what their estimated turn-around time is.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:04 AM
Dan Cobb
The Ancient One
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Get yourself a 'core' dash and the turn-around time for them shouldn't keep you out of the drivers' seat for long!
I happen to have 2 cores in my garage right now that I'm waiting to find a good use for.
I might consoder sendong them for repair and then selling them myself, but I'd bet there is no profit in such efforts.
+++
Old 11-08-2007, 07:00 AM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Hey Dan are those 911 dash "futures"?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:59 AM
Shemmer
Pro

Originally Posted by Dan Cobb
Get yourself a 'core' dash and the turn-around time for them shouldn't keep you out of the drivers' seat for long!
I happen to have 2 cores in my garage right now that I'm waiting to find a good use for.
I might consoder sendong them for repair and then selling them myself, but I'd bet there is no profit in such efforts.
+++

Dan are you interested in selling one of those dashes, that would be a good use right?
Old 11-09-2007, 11:44 AM
Dan Cobb
The Ancient One
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Of course! I've no practical idea of how much they are worth. They are not usable in their current condition; they will have to be repaired/reshaped. I'm guessing the value is really more about how much seat time they can provide by not having the car torn apart for 3-4 months, etc.
Send me an email or a PM and we can go from there.
+++

Last edited by Dan Cobb; 11-09-2007 at 11:45 AM. Reason: forgot stuff

Quick Reply: looking for a dash