Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Porsches owned by Sultan of Brunei.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 04:05 AM
Turbo Jonny
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts
Smile

The more i learn about this crazy car collection the more im glad they spent lavish money on cars and not say modern art! I believe several unique car manufacturers who faced hard times like Rolls Royce and Porsche needed the Sultan to stay in business as independents.For that alone we should all be eternally grateful!

As to my car it had 3k miles on it and was well cared for, when it came to this
country about 4 years ago.Now has 13k miles and is cared for even more!
Old 11-17-2007, 11:23 AM
Hladun1
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where the hell would you drive in Brunei? Matter of fact, where would he drive? He might as well just have the pictures of the cars.

The Porsche experience is back roads, motels and road food or else track days with your friends. The Sultan can't do either.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:41 AM
UberXY
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I think the Sultan would be better off with a collection of UniMogs and MB G500s. I did see the Whatever of Dubai personally driving a G500 on television recently.

Steve
84 Carrera
00 M5
02 G500
Old 07-03-2010, 11:58 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo Jonny
Where did the list come from.It would be great to get more details/ pics of his collection.

Shame they are not used by enthusiasts , but heres one that got away!
Some were auctioned off a few years ago and i got one !
Jonny-- A thread about a man with supposedly 5,000 cars in his collection, & yet there's only one photo on this thread

Good on ya for the visual aid!

More from the 964 Turbo Forum:
Originally Posted by curve lover
photographs & details at classicDriver.de's "911 / 993 Turbo Cabriolet - 1 of 16 produced!" page, autoTrader.co.uk's "The Sultan of Brunei's cars" page, & superCars.net's " Royal Brunei car collection (Sultan of Brunei)" thread.
Originally Posted by basman007
'The Sultan of Brunei is the head of state and head of government in Brunei and was the richest man in the world for a long time . There are quite a few carnuts in the Royal Family of Brunei. Their collection is unique, having custom Ferrari's, Aston Martin's, Rolls Royce's, AMG Mercedes-Benz's, etc. that have been modified by the factories for the secret car collection.
This is the biggest picture collection of their cars on the net.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:00 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

From the "A genuine 993 Turbo Cabriolet based on a 965?" thread...
Originally Posted by curve lover
CarOcean.uk.com link one; and link two.
Originally Posted by Bramley Car Sales
We are delighted to be able to offer for sale this very rare and factory turbo charged example, which produces approxiamtely 360 BHP. Equipped with 17" Cup Alloy Wheels - Painted in Exterior Colour with Coloured Wheel Badges, Electrically Adjustable Comfort Front Seating, Electric Hood, Driver & Passenger Airbags, On Board Computer, Power Assisted Steering, Rear Seating, Wind Deflector, Air Conditioning Climate Control, Remote Alarm System with Central Locking, Headlight Powerwash System, Tinted Band to Windscreen, Pair of Twin Exhaust Finishers, Carbon Trim to Dashboard, Door Panels and Carbon/Leather Steering Wheel, Exclusive Rear Spoiler. We believe that this example was originally ordered and owned by the Sultan of Brunei and is one of 16 cars built by Porsche. Having just had a major service carried out by Porsche GB in Reading, it will be supplied with a 12 month written warranty. A must for anyone wanting to add a rare and important car to their collection. Currently showing 8,000 km

Old 07-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Isn't it nice though that the Sultan likes cars to collect instead of something unexciting like cows?

Quick Reply: Porsches owned by Sultan of Brunei.