Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

A genuine 993 Turbo Cabriolet based on a 965?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 11:56 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by AVoyvoda
Owner has been trying to sell this car for some time w/o success. Have been seening this car for sale on various European sites (Mobile.de and others) for at least two years.
MotorLegend.com says it finally sold in 2008; asking price 140,000 € with 10,900 km.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:03 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

AutoSaon-singen.de's example; sold. Many more photographs on their below hyperlink:
Originally Posted by curve lover
On an expert's recommendation, I contacted the following business before my Germany trip. They replied that it would be not be possible.

993 Turbo Cab on their site.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:11 PM
tjr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Impressive research there curve lover! It still seems funny seeing the old single turbo engine in a 993 body. Of all the cars, the black ones looks the nicest - although I'm not so keen on the baby blue interior...
Old 07-03-2010, 11:32 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by tjr
Impressive research there curve lover! It still seems funny seeing the old single turbo engine in a 993 body. Of all the cars, the black ones looks the nicest - although I'm not so keen on the baby blue interior...
TJR-- Glad you enjoyed the info! ...although, I'm already a Porsche internet addict, especially for exotic air-colled Porsches. It may be bad to encourage me

How do you like this, I'm guessing it's Slate Grey...

Bramley shows that it sold a year ago. Their asking price was ~£80k, although I've seen it advertised elsewhere by Bramley for ~£68k: carOcean.uk.com link one; and link two.
Originally Posted by Bramley Car Sales
We are delighted to be able to offer for sale this very rare and factory turbo charged example, which produces approxiamtely 360 BHP. Equipped with 17" Cup Alloy Wheels - Painted in Exterior Colour with Coloured Wheel Badges, Electrically Adjustable Comfort Front Seating, Electric Hood, Driver & Passenger Airbags, On Board Computer, Power Assisted Steering, Rear Seating, Wind Deflector, Air Conditioning Climate Control, Remote Alarm System with Central Locking, Headlight Powerwash System, Tinted Band to Windscreen, Pair of Twin Exhaust Finishers, Carbon Trim to Dashboard, Door Panels and Carbon/Leather Steering Wheel, Exclusive Rear Spoiler. We believe that this example was originally ordered and owned by the Sultan of Brunei and is one of 16 cars built by Porsche. Having just had a major service carried out by Porsche GB in Reading, it will be supplied with a 12 month written warranty. A must for anyone wanting to add a rare and important car to their collection. Currently showing 8,000 km

Old 07-03-2010, 11:42 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

^^ More photographs & details at classicDriver.de's "911 / 993 Turbo Cabriolet - 1 of 16 produced!" page, autoTrader.co.uk's "The Sultan of Brunei's cars" page, & superCars.net's " Royal Brunei car collection (Sultan of Brunei)" thread.
Originally Posted by basman007
'The Sultan of Brunei is the head of state and head of government in Brunei and was the richest man in the world for a long time . There are quite a few carnuts in the Royal Family of Brunei. Their collection is unique, having custom Ferrari's, Aston Martin's, Rolls Royce's, AMG Mercedes-Benz's, etc. that have been modified by the factories for the secret car collection.
This is the biggest picture collection of their cars on the net.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:50 AM
tjr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another one - you'll soon have all of them! I do remember the Bramley car - it was featured in one of the Porsche magazines a few years ago telling the whole story about these rare 993 turbo cabs.

The Sultan and his family have sold a lot of their collection now - it seems even they are running out of money!

Quick Reply: A genuine 993 Turbo Cabriolet based on a 965?