Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Victory Motors

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 11:17 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

how do you difine direct business? do you mean bought the car? do you mean walked in the showroom?

I can think of a guy on the other side of the planet (Denmark) that was interested in a car here in california. He sent several Emails back and forth with the dealer but couldn't just drive here to look for himself at a $35,000 car so he asked me to do it. I did. does that mean he didn't do direct business? I think both of us did direct business.

sorry, gotta get five of the six kids to school
Old 10-04-2007, 11:17 AM
joey c
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well,i almost bought a car from him..he says its bone dry...lists many options...after ppi..2 bad leaks..most of the options not working..he then had an attitude..it was not worth trying another car because he proved himself to be a liar..j
Old 10-04-2007, 11:20 AM
KC911
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jacksonrw
...i still haven't heard from one person who has done direct business with robert...
Now you have, and there are plenty more...you REALLY should quit

Keith
'88 CE coupe
Old 10-04-2007, 12:18 PM
DARISC
Racer

Originally Posted by KC911
Now you have, and there are plenty more...you REALLY should quit

Keith
'88 CE coupe
Shhhh! He's been quiet for a bit - maybe he's gone away .
Old 10-04-2007, 12:48 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

yep i am getting a lot of negative feedback
sorry to take so much bandwidth on this
i was impressed with the tour last night
Old 10-04-2007, 01:13 PM
KC911
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jacksonrw
yep i am getting a lot of negative feedback
How much positive feedback have you received ?

Keith
'88 CE coupe
Old 10-04-2007, 01:16 PM
84_Carrera
Legacy Flounder
Rennlist Member

Richard...

Welcome. We hope you'll stay around for some time to come. As for the topic, it's really beating a dead horse to many of the major national / international Porsche boards about Victory / Robert Neal.

I HOPE that it's a case of turning over a new leaf, though I am skeptical of this. I considered shopping with him before buying my own 911 a few years ago. I was given a cautious, "watch your fries" back then, and since buying mine (elsewhere), I can't say I've seen a single, unsolicited positive remark about them before yours. I HAVE seen MANY an original negative response however. Of the 2 most notorious (reputation-wise) Porsche vendors I know of, it's Victory & Motor Meister taking the prizes.

As for sponsoring, we had a local dealer sponsoring our car club up here years ago. I even had them do some of my significant service, but I quickly found out that just because a dealer's nice to you, doesn't mean they have your best interest in mind, or that they're even QUALIFIED to work on the vehicles. Ever seen an SVT Cobra owner after their car FELL OFF the lift, and the dealer tried to cover it up like it never happened, instead of coming clean about it & working with the owner & insurance?

I'm sure we all wish you well, and hope you have continued luck down in Houston.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:16 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

Guys you are telling me to drop it
I did last night
i was not aware of the problems out there
i am now very very aware
thanks
Old 10-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

It could be that as buyers we expect our 1983SC's to be as perfect as the 2007 GT3RS's. We get our hopes up, we look at 250 adds on line, we talk to 100 sellers, we drive 25 cars, pay money to have the cream of the crop looked at with a fine tooth comb, then we pick one to take home. when that one car turns out to be less than perfect it is easy to point at the guy that sold it rather than look at the fact that the car is 10, 20, 30, or 40 years old. When this one guy seems to be the national clearing house for less than perfect cars over and over and over again, the word gets out. When he doesn't honor his warranty, the word gets out. When he is found to be less than honest, well, you get my point. All I have left to say is stay away from the off topic political debates. They would eat you alive for the botch job on Rush's name alone.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:19 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

thanks again to all with the candor
i apologize for the debate
i am glad we had it though
i learned a lot

i do love the rennlists i watch. I always walk away more knowledgable.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:30 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

*** PRIVATE SIDE NOTE FOR RICHARD ONLY ***

Welcome aboard, glad to see we are all still friends.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:33 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

heck buddy we are P guys....it's a given

again I am sorry for being such a P&^%^$

Thanks for having me and welcoming me on the list
Old 10-04-2007, 02:06 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,038 Likes on 738 Posts

Well this is good in one other important way ..... if none of us had posted a response to your post , the next person doing a search would have found your post and seen what just about everyone on this board and at Pelican would have viewed as an overly positive Bias.
At least with us having the conversation we have ballanced the playing field and new searches will show this discusion , and people can judge for themselves, and perhaps done more homework.

Add to this I might say Richard , you should have done yours before posting. if you had done you could have written your post differently and got a very different response.

The responses did not surprise me in the least, given how positive you are towards this place , if you want direct feedback from people who had bad dealings search THIS forum ,not google. Tonnes of examples going back years.

You are more than welcome to hang out here and converse among us ( although you don't need my invite ). You will see we are a great Bunch , just leave the Victory issue alone .... do you want an example of what i am taling about ? I have beeb here a while and I can get flamed instantly and will not take offense to it ..... watch this .......

Hey guys I just got back from our Porsche Club Board meeting which we held tonight at "MOTORMEISTER".
I am always afraid to give out referrals, but I wanted to share with you what a great job MOTORMEISTER is doing at his shop. He just invested over $110k on his new mechanic and make ready plant.

MOTORMEISTER is our local club sponsor for our concourses.

MOTORMEISTER has an extensive staff buying 40+ Porsches every month and he is the premier authority on ENGINES in our country.

Many of my friends have bought his ENGINES and all the reports is that he is a man of his word.

I do recommend him and if you need me to take a look at a ENGINE for you pls let me know.

I am always impressed every time I walk in to his showroom and speak to his staff.....Someday I will be able to afford the MOTORMEISTER ENGINE of my dreams.

dissclaimer ...just an example ... for demonstration purposes
Old 10-04-2007, 02:11 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,038 Likes on 738 Posts

sorry guys .. this posted before I read the other stuff.. funny you mention Meister a I had already done this .. let's leave it for laughs and see who craps all over me ...
Old 10-04-2007, 02:14 PM
84_Carrera
Legacy Flounder
Rennlist Member

Dammit Jim, I'm a VICTORY not a MOTORMEISTER.

Way to go, Clive. I am all over the floor, shooting milk out my nose on that one.

Quick Reply: Victory Motors