Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Peter Zimmerman or anyone else, please come in. question on slave cylinder.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 10:48 PM
rnln
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Peter Zimmerman or anyone else, please come in. question on slave cylinder.

I posted a question but there is no response. I think I need you this time. Please read my question at the link below.

https://rennlist.com/forums/911-forum/306919-please-help-replacing-slave-cylinder-unsuccessed.html

Update:
I took it out today and found that it is ripped apart. The housing is separate from the internal. The piston tip was stuck inside the bell housing. I had to wiggle and pull it hard to get it out. When it came out, yes, the interal is separate from the housing and the boot is rip at the tip.
Can someone tell me why? Anything wrong that I do here? I feel like this is a defective part but the seller said if the part is used, there is no replacement. They only replace if I found this is the wrong part and never install it.
I affraid if I pay for another one and it will be the same.

I compare between the 2, new and old, slave and found that the old slave No. is S6567 while the new one is 6567. Are they diff.?
Also the old one is *** and several other numbers. The new one is FTE, 1 G.
Does anyone know anything about these?
Thanks

Last edited by rnln; 10-24-2006 at 01:40 AM.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:09 PM
rnln
Burning Brakes

oh man.. am I worth a response?
Old 10-24-2006, 07:17 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,160 Likes on 831 Posts

Rnln

Pete is moving right now and probably doesn't even have his internet set up . I would be more than happy to help you but I have a cable clutch. Why not try the 964 forum as those guys all have hydraulic clutches and may be able to help.

Good luck.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:48 PM
rnln
Burning Brakes

Thanks Ice.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:26 PM
der Mond
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Is Pete making the move to Minnesota he once talked about?
Old 10-25-2006, 11:31 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Naw I think he is still in exile.... ( Bakersfield ) ...

I wonder what he did to get into the witness protection program ..
Old 10-26-2006, 03:51 AM
rnln
Burning Brakes

I re-packed it and installed it in, bled. Shifting is smooth now. Pedal return is nice as normal car. One word, be very careful when install it. I think the first time I messed it up is because the pin slipped out of the hole and went all the way up.
Now, I gotta take care of the headlight flip
Old 10-26-2006, 09:15 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Not many guys have a slant nose, good luck :-)
Old 10-26-2006, 11:31 PM
rnln
Burning Brakes

With the help from another board, I can be able to flip the headlight manually, with some parts ripped also my fingers.
While working ont he headlight, I left the car running for less than 10 mins to charge the batery. After shut the engine off, I heard strange sound and found that my car is start leaking now. The sound is like oil is boiling. Yes, it is boiling inside the engine case and is leaking.
Is boiling after engine shut off is normal?
Old 10-27-2006, 10:04 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

absoluely not. you should never let your car idle but I would get it looked at immediately, dod your oil temp spike up on your guage ? did you check your front cooler ? sounds like your thermostat isn't opening , even the oil in the tank should not alllow it to boil. Sounds serious. I would start another thread if I were you and see if someone with more experience can chime in .
Old 10-27-2006, 12:03 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Well, I found my computer, have set it up where I can use it for more than a couple of minutes - and actually have a little time to say hi! Dennis, no, we haven't moved to MN yet, we're still in exile (Bakersfield) as Ice so aptly calls it. Actually we moved a short distance, about three miles, but it makes my wife's drive much easier, and I get a fantastic garage. We've got about 2/3 of our boxes emptied and are actually "living" in the new place. The weather here is great, fall somehow makes surviving another summer worth the effort. rnln - be aware that if you need to leave the car idling to save the battery you've got other problems, the electrical system should easily cope with a few minutes of diagnostic work. Regarding your boiling oil, you probably heard some pretty normal noises, but definitely do as Ice suggested - check that front cooler and what did your temp gauge read? FYI: If I go missing for a couple of days it's probably because I've fallen into a wardrobe box or something...
Pete
Old 10-27-2006, 12:37 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Hey glad to see you're up and running ... we kinda missed you these couple of weeks. No real disaters here other than RNLN and his disintegrating slave cylider, but I think that is sorted.
James got some great pics of his engine removal and now we all fancy ourseles as mechanics... may need a group buy on motocycle jacks and engine stands :-0
Old 10-27-2006, 01:07 PM
rnln
Burning Brakes

Ice, Thanks Ice.

Pete,
Glad to see you are back. I'll be sad if you leave

Regardingt he boiling sound, I'l check my thrombone. The gauge indicated up to the middle section (directly to the left) before I shut the engine off. That is what I normally got when driving.
Thanks guys.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:43 PM
der Mond
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Let us know what you find out. The 911 does make so many mysterious sounds at various times. When I used to start mine when it was cold (back when I drove it in winter) it grunted a second after firing. Recently it starts quietly but once left sitting a bit it growls a second after starting. Sometimes I wonder about the operation and sound effects that the oil pressure bypass system makes. Anyway, let us know, the gauge reading does sound normal. It takes me about 15 minutes at idle with a carpet over the grille to get my engine to that reading and for the front cooler to heat up, but no "boiling" sounds.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:46 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Okay der Mond I jost GOTTA ask ... :-)

"It takes me about 15 minutes at idle with a carpet over the grille to get my engine to that reading "

okay so why did you do that ? were you trying to see if the thermostat was working ?

ice

Quick Reply: Peter Zimmerman or anyone else, please come in. question on slave cylinder.