Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

To sell the 718 Spyder or to keep

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2024, 09:19 PM
Higgs Boson
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DFW01TT
Well done, I for one, was horrified by the threat that picture posed.

When I was a kid my parents let me stand on the front seat with my hands on the dash riding around. Times have changed. Now I bubble wrap my kids every morning before they can leave the house. Good thing I order a lot of car parts.
Old 04-25-2024, 09:26 PM
CurryPuff
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by authenticamd
My intent is not to tell people what they should or shouldn't do, but to provide some info.
Agreeing here, the concerns are valid, but that picture was from 2003 and there's a lot of new information thats come forward from better understanding, plus the advent of social media allows for the free transfer of information.
Eg. when I was born, culturally, kids were given some home as the first thing they'd taste + a regular part of the diet when even before they turn 1, but now new research shows giving honey to an under 1 year old can potentially cause serious issues (although rare, but happens); Bacteria called Clostridium can causes infant botulism.
Old 04-25-2024, 10:26 PM
993TurboS
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 129 Posts

Really don't care. It was legal at the time where I lived. Don't drive like an *** or drunk when you have a kid in the car and 90% of child fatalities would be avoided. People are worried about seatbelts and yet ride motorcycles, or let their kids do extreme skiing etc. Want to avoid having your kid killed in an accident? Don't let them do anything or go anywhere

PS. while most people probably get killed by running into something, my biggest risk there was probably getting rear-ended. Rear-facing not so good then..

Last edited by 993TurboS; 04-25-2024 at 10:29 PM.
The following users liked this post:
CurryPuff (04-25-2024)
Old 04-25-2024, 10:58 PM
993TurboS
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by DFW01TT
Well done, I for one, was horrified by the threat that picture posed.
Picture is threatening you. OK. Nuff said.
The following users liked this post:
DFW01TT (04-25-2024)
Old 04-25-2024, 10:59 PM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,032 Likes on 553 Posts

Originally Posted by brandobot
I had my first child a week ago and am contemplating selling the Spyder. I have a 992 GTS arriving in June which I think will get more usage. It doesn’t seem financially responsible to keep both cars, though I do have the option to keep both. (The wife approves)

Has anyone owned a 992 and a 718 GT4/Spyder? Will I regret it I sold my Spyder?

Just take it and run with it. Keep both.

When my kids were younger (out of booster), I put them at the back of a 991. It is going to be a lot of hassle to try to fit an infant in a 911.

It you want to have the whole family ride in style, get a Macan or cayenne. Just remember the trunk of the Macan is kind of small. It will fill up quickly with a full size stroller.

IMO, keep the Spyder if you only want to keep one. There is always going to be another 911. Can’t say that for the Spyder.
Old 04-26-2024, 12:02 AM
CurryPuff
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by 993TurboS
Really don't care. It was legal at the time where I lived. Don't drive like an *** or drunk when you have a kid in the car and 90% of child fatalities would be avoided. People are worried about seatbelts and yet ride motorcycles, or let their kids do extreme skiing etc. Want to avoid having your kid killed in an accident? Don't let them do anything or go anywhere

PS. while most people probably get killed by running into something, my biggest risk there was probably getting rear-ended. Rear-facing not so good then..
I completely agree with you here. I ride a motorcycle plus my toddler rides with me in my GT4, albeit in his child seat with a 5 point harness.
Everyone's threshold of risk is different.
Old 04-26-2024, 10:34 AM
lazrgato
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

Keep the Spyder and buy a Raptor!

Quick Reply: To sell the 718 Spyder or to keep