Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb
View Poll Results: What SRS Allocation Production Build Month did you receive?
January 2024 (24MY)
6.16%
February 2024 (24MY)
9.59%
March 2024 (24MY)
8.90%
April 2024 (24MY)
10.96%
May 2024 (24MY)
10.96%
June 2024 (24MY)
13.70%
July 2024 (24MY)
10.96%
August 2024 (24MY)
8.90%
September 2024 (25MY)
5.48%
October 2024 (25MY)
5.48%
November 2024 (25MY)
3.42%
December 2024 (25MY)
5.48%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Spyder RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2024, 03:16 PM
VRShader
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 75 Posts

On paper I got my SRS with MRSP, but I have to finance with PFS, trade in my old car cheaper. Effectively it was about 28K adm from my math.
The following users liked this post:
NRAzar (07-14-2024)
Old 07-14-2024, 03:32 PM
s182
Instructor

Received 65 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by ferrarifundo
I was offered one for 45k over. Only problem is I don’t want white and it’s already locked. Coming in August I believe with 185k Sticker.
Let me know and can pass on the info.
(thought I replied earlier but not seeing it)

Thanks, but even that is more than it's worth to me. For a changeable build I'd want to stay under $35k ADM. I realize there are apparently plenty of people willing to pay more, but once I get above that 230k mark it opens up to a lot of other nice vehicle options. I'll be taking delivery of my BGTS in a few weeks here and I'm sure I'll have a lot to enjoy with it. Having driven the BGTS at the PEC ATL for a 90 minute session, it's by no means a disappointment. Though I'm likely too far down my local dealers list, I'm just going to enjoy the BGTS and if my dealer calls to say I get an allocation, or a dealer having a <35k ADM pops up, then it'll be a pleasant surprise.
The following 2 users liked this post by s182:
ferrarifundo (07-14-2024), RedCarrot (07-14-2024)
Old 07-24-2024, 07:51 PM
badprognosis
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

My SRS is supposed to lock tomorrow. PTS November build with ?February delivery. I am in Canada so technically "no admin" but required to option ~$42k which is taken care of by PTS/Weissach and PCCB. I spec'd the leather steering wheel and my SA says he was advised by Porsche Canada that the deviated stitching will be included with the leather wheel but I am concerned that it will come with black stitching. If you check the summary remember that the price is in $Cdn and because I put a deposit on the car in 2021 I am able to avoid paying the luxury tax that came into effect in 2022.

PSPSDF59

The following 2 users liked this post by badprognosis:
boilermaker_yv (07-24-2024), wander (07-24-2024)
Old 07-24-2024, 07:52 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,512 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by s182
(thought I replied earlier but not seeing it)

Thanks, but even that is more than it's worth to me. For a changeable build I'd want to stay under $35k ADM. I realize there are apparently plenty of people willing to pay more, but once I get above that 230k mark it opens up to a lot of other nice vehicle options. I'll be taking delivery of my BGTS in a few weeks here and I'm sure I'll have a lot to enjoy with it. Having driven the BGTS at the PEC ATL for a 90 minute session, it's by no means a disappointment. Though I'm likely too far down my local dealers list, I'm just going to enjoy the BGTS and if my dealer calls to say I get an allocation, or a dealer having a <35k ADM pops up, then it'll be a pleasant surprise.
I was just offered one for 32k over if you or someone else wants it for your own allocation. I already have mine incoming so happy to pass along the info. I assume at 32k over it will go quickly.
ADC1 (07-25-2024)
Old 07-24-2024, 07:58 PM
AndrewLakes
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by badprognosis
My SRS is supposed to lock tomorrow. PTS November build with ?February delivery. I am in Canada so technically "no admin" but required to option ~$42k which is taken care of by PTS/Weissach and PCCB. I spec'd the leather steering wheel and my SA says he was advised by Porsche Canada that the deviated stitching will be included with the leather wheel but I am concerned that it will come with black stitching. If you check the summary remember that the price is in $Cdn and because I put a deposit on the car in 2021 I am able to avoid paying the luxury tax that came into effect in 2022.

PSPSDF59

Yes the steering wheel in leather comes color-stitched with the extended deviated stitching package:

Extended Deviated Stitching Interior Package
Decorative stitching in contrasting colour on:

​​​​​​Dashboard upper section including instrument shroud
Upper section of door panels
Door centre panels
Centre console side sections
Door panel armrests
Centre console main storage compartment lid
Steering wheel
Gear lever
Seats
Embroidered headrests.
Old 07-24-2024, 08:27 PM
Jay Cordeiro
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 86 Posts

PSPSDF59

If you get away without having to pay the Luxury tax well done and 🍻 to you. I wish I had been so fortunate. It cost me an additional $30k. Nice spec!
Old 07-24-2024, 08:34 PM
badprognosis
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jay Cordeiro
If you get away without having to pay the Luxury tax well done and 🍻 to you. I wish I had been so fortunate. It cost me an additional $30k. Nice spec!
My SA had an official paper trail for the deposit I placed over the phone which satisfied their finance dept. Nice bonus not to have to give the Feds any extra.
Old 07-24-2024, 11:56 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 424 Likes on 235 Posts

You have to check the box for deviated stitching option. It does not just come with the leather steering wheel option.
Old 07-25-2024, 12:23 PM
badprognosis
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mwar99
You have to check the box for deviated stitching option. It does not just come with the leather steering wheel option.
Maybe I'm not understanding what your are saying but I have chosen the deviated stitching option with orange stitching and chose the leather steering wheel and gearshift option. I am aware the the info box for deviated stitching includes the steering wheel but from Rennlist searches it does appear that some have reported that the leather steering wheel defaults to black stitching and not deviated. I tried to clarify this with my SA on more than one occasion and he assured me that Porsche Canada advised him that the leather wheel will come with deviated stitching. I'm still leery if this is accurate.
Old 07-25-2024, 12:37 PM
idonthaveone
4th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

PSPSDF59

When did you actually get your PTS allocation?

I'm also in Canada and currently next in line for a PTS 4RS allocation, but they haven't received anything (PTS or normal 4RS) in months. No 2025 model years for them so far. I know Spyder RS and 4RS have different allocations, but curious to hear since they're basically the same car etc.

I also placed a deposit in 2021 so I wouldn't have to pay lux tax.
Old 07-25-2024, 12:41 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,701 Likes on 2,736 Posts

PSPSDF59

I doubt that Porsche has any control over this, when the car arrives here in Canada the luxury tax is applied, I highly doubt that your deposit date has anything to do with skipping this tax.
UncleDude (07-25-2024)
Old 07-25-2024, 01:42 PM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Received 126 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by idonthaveone

I’m no tax expert, but if you’re not taxed at the time of the final transaction, then I’d be shocked.
Old 07-25-2024, 02:24 PM
badprognosis
Intermediate

Originally Posted by idonthaveone
When did you actually get your PTS allocation?

I'm also in Canada and currently next in line for a PTS 4RS allocation, but they haven't received anything (PTS or normal 4RS) in months. No 2025 model years for them so far. I know Spyder RS and 4RS have different allocations, but curious to hear since they're basically the same car etc.

I was just offered my allocation about 2 weeks ago. I was offered an allocation earlier but was looking for a PTS slot. My SA indicated things just worked out for this allocation.

Originally Posted by Westcoast
I doubt that Porsche has any control over this, when the car arrives here in Canada the luxury tax is applied, I highly doubt that your deposit date has anything to do with skipping this tax.
My SA is one of the senior guys @the dealership and I don't think he was just pulling this out of his a**. He was able to find the transaction document from the time of my deposit in 2021 and he and the used car sales manager both indicated that this was fortunate and would satisfy their finance dept so that the lux tax would not apply. If he didn't have the documentation then I would be SOL. They offered this information to me - I did not ask about it and assumed I would be paying the lux tax. I assume that the deposit is considered an offer to purchase and that this purchase is grandfathered. This is the finally summary from my SA - Maybe lux tax is not supposed to be included on this summary but when you configure online it does show the added amt as part of the final price. We shall see when it gets here and maybe I will have to pay. I will update if I have more info.

Originally Posted by Ferrarisimo
I’m no tax expert, but if you’re not taxed at the time of the final transaction, then I’d be shocked.
I am not a tax expert either and just going by the info provided to me. I will still be paying the 13% sales tax just hopefully not the luxury tax that was implemented in 2022.
Old 07-25-2024, 02:34 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,701 Likes on 2,736 Posts

Sure, keep us posted, that information would be true at the time if the transaction was completed then including the delivery of the car, but I still doubt a deposit back then has much to do with the tax collected at the actual time of sale completion.

Oh, and as for the dealer's finance department, it is not them you need to satisfy, it is the federal government tax department!
Old 07-25-2024, 03:22 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 424 Likes on 235 Posts

Maybe I'm not understanding what your are saying but I have chosen the deviated stitching option with orange stitching and chose the leather steering wheel and gearshift option. I am aware the the info box for deviated stitching includes the steering wheel but from Rennlist searches it does appear that some have reported that the leather steering wheel defaults to black stitching and not deviated. I tried to clarify this with my SA on more than one occasion and he assured me that Porsche Canada advised him that the leather wheel will come with deviated stitching. I'm still leery if this is accurate.
You should be fine unless they make a mistake in production. If you don't chose the deviated stitching (even if the standard stitching) and choose leather it will default to black stitching. With your deviated selection it should be orange, if it isn't they should remedy the situation after delivery.

Last edited by mwar99; 07-25-2024 at 03:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Spyder RS Allocation Thread