Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

One more for the crowd....how much value added on pre owned car with Buckets, PCCB...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2023, 12:05 AM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 758 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by 993TurboS
I agree with this. I think LWBS are not for me in a car I actually plan to drive a fair amount. But I'd still buy a car with them if I liked it otherwise, but would do math like this: If the LWBS might add $5k to resale, I'd maybe think they were worth $3k to me because they have no value, or negative value if I drive a lot, when I own it, but on resale I get back $5k.

Somewhat similar story on PCCB, but I am on the opposite side. They might add 7k on resale, but I actually want them. For someone who didn't want them, maybe they'd value that $7k at $4k depending on how they felt about them and how long they might keep the car.
I think you can easily swap with someone with 18ways for way more than $5k, especially if it is someone that has the same stitching color, so I think either way they have a high value. But it really depends on the price of both cars.

Last edited by Lucifer; 04-16-2023 at 12:09 AM.
Old 04-16-2023, 02:18 AM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,800 Likes on 875 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucifer
Why do you keep saying $40k? Dude asked about PCCB and LWBS (and Burmester) which combined are less than $14k.
We can argue that if PCCB were free every single person would tick that box. Maybe.
But we absolutely can't say the same about the LWBS.

And if most people weren't ready to pay $8k for PCCB when they were new, what makes people think buyers will be willing to pay more than that on a used car?

edit: I ignore the Burmester option because that is obviously just flat out better than Bose or base, so this is really isn't a matter of taste and everyone would want that if it was a free option.
Add Burmester, upgraded headlights and other options here and there and you are there. It is really not hard to do. The point being that some people have $100k to spend, not $120 or $140 so they pick a couple options and stop. Price makes a difference if someone is stretching to get something or if they are not an enthusiast and simply want a car that they think looks good.

Why to manuals tend to sell for more than PDK when they are slower? Because there are enthusiasts out there that will always favor a manual and the guy who just bought it for their gulf buddies to see on Sunday will probably get sofas, PDK,a and a iron brakes. When a new car comes along that catches his eye, he will trade it in and get the next thing.
The following users liked this post:
Adrienne (06-21-2023)
Old 04-16-2023, 02:44 AM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,765 Likes on 967 Posts

A stat I learned from nick murray that felt surprising is he says most Porsche builds only add about 10%? of the car's cost in options and stick to only a handful of options. That definitely doesn't jive lurking on rennlist reading build threads, but after he said that I started noticing it does seem to be true when I look at non GT used cars. It's so common to find a 911 or 911S with only like 6 options and 5 of them are $500 options like crests and seat belts and only one $$$ option like leather, or 14 ways, but rarely did you ever see a 911 that was a massive build, even for a 991.2.

I'm guessing people buying non GT cars are probably stretching themselves and treating them like temporary pseudo daily drivers; not forever cars, or yolo build cars.
Old 04-16-2023, 03:28 AM
TheBucketOfTruth
Burning Brakes

Received 283 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by Zhao
A stat I learned from nick murray that felt surprising is he says most Porsche builds only add about 10%? of the car's cost in options and stick to only a handful of options. That definitely doesn't jive lurking on rennlist reading build threads, but after he said that I started noticing it does seem to be true when I look at non GT used cars. It's so common to find a 911 or 911S with only like 6 options and 5 of them are $500 options like crests and seat belts and only one $$$ option like leather, or 14 ways, but rarely did you ever see a 911 that was a massive build, even for a 991.2.

I'm guessing people buying non GT cars are probably stretching themselves and treating them like temporary pseudo daily drivers; not forever cars, or yolo build cars.
Think about how many people probably lease these cars and then give them away after a few years. And how many of those cars were ordered by the dealer and not the customer. I know things shifted with how little inventory there was, but under ordinary circumstances I doubt a majority of people are even building the cars they end up driving.
Old 04-17-2023, 09:59 AM
Hinz Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 320 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
I thought I saw the 'Pagid' logo on the OEM pads, are they similar to the RSC1? Do you know what they are?
While they are Pagid pads, the compound is developed to Porsche's specification which also has to adhere to the new regulations that I believe the aftermarket is exempt from. The RSC1 compound is different than the OE compound, and their performance is also different, which is why so many are switching as it is proving to dust less and perform better...That said, even comparing to the preffered 991.2 PCCB pads, the RSC1 has better feel and modulation. I think its just a better pad in general.

HINZ MOTORSPORT
Race Parts & Accessories for your PORSCHE
www.HinzMotorsport.com
Call: 414-212-5679
Email: rick@hinzmotorsport.com

Quick Reply: One more for the crowd....how much value added on pre owned car with Buckets, PCCB...