Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

One more for the crowd....how much value added on pre owned car with Buckets, PCCB...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2023, 01:04 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 762 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by MaddMike
It is called hyperbole to emphasize a point. Adding $40k to a car is a big deal for some.
Why do you keep saying $40k? Dude asked about PCCB and LWBS (and Burmester) which combined are less than $14k.
We can argue that if PCCB were free every single person would tick that box. Maybe.
But we absolutely can't say the same about the LWBS.

And if most people weren't ready to pay $8k for PCCB when they were new, what makes people think buyers will be willing to pay more than that on a used car?

edit: I ignore the Burmester option because that is obviously just flat out better than Bose or base, so this is really isn't a matter of taste and everyone would want that if it was a free option.

Last edited by Lucifer; 04-15-2023 at 01:13 PM.
Old 04-15-2023, 02:04 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,805 Likes on 986 Posts

I wouldn't select burmeister if it was free. I was looking at the radio delete option in europe and thinking, hmmm, ya, if i own this thing for 20 years a radio delete sounds like a good idea since the current tech is only going to be usable for 5-10 years and eventually stops working, plus I don't listen to music.

I'd also delete a lot of other free crap if I was able to on me car: sirius, the rear park sensors, the useless backup camera (if I want any free camera it's one for the front splitter not backing up), tire pressure sensors, all the drivers aids including TC, are all stuff that instantly came to mind I don't need.

I also probably wouldn't check PCCBs if free. Free option doesn't mean free to replace. I do not want to deal with replacing those things from track use, nor do I want some yahoo in 10+ years if I go to sell the car going hmmm, the PPI says the PCCBs are at 75% so I definitely have to change those because of safety and it's 40g so I want 40g off. I like having options to run 19in rims too.
The following users liked this post:
Lucifer (04-15-2023)
Old 04-15-2023, 03:39 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,696 Likes on 2,733 Posts

Originally Posted by Hinz Motorsport
For those that aren't happy with the newer PCCB pads, I can recommend the Pagid RSC1 compound. These have a little less initial bite compared to the old PCCB pads(pre-copper regulations) but they make up for it with much better feel and modulation. Zero noise or dust on the street but also very capable on track. I normally sell these with my Surface Transforms kits, but they also work excellent on PCCB discs. I have these in stock if anyone is interested. If your car is still under warranty, ask your dealer if they will let you switch Pagid compounds, some will, some won't.
I thought I saw the 'Pagid' logo on the OEM pads, are they similar to the RSC1? Do you know what they are?
Old 04-15-2023, 04:03 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,732 Likes on 5,125 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
FUD
no they aren't ... you are just fueling the age old RL BS about PCCB unless you have first hand experience this is just hearsay/speculation.
Thank you sir for setting the record straight on the (now) Gen V PCCBs.
Larry Cable (04-15-2023)
Old 04-15-2023, 06:52 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,609 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by mile2424
Looking at used cars out there and trying to gauge price differential. Assuming most options the same, but one car has LWB, PCCB, and Burmeister, and CPO, but more mileage...how much of a price delta do you think between these cars. I know Burmeister is subjective. My initial thought was 7-8K price difference?

Roughly speaking option delta is below....

21 MY, 17k miles, LWB, PCCB, Burmeister and CPO

20 MY, 9K miles
get the '21 with the CPO
Old 04-15-2023, 06:59 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

get the '21 with the CPO
If it was only the PCCB and the Burm I would have agreed with you, but LWBS really aren't for everybody. After about 40 minutes in your car my back started itching and I was uncomfortable.
OP first needs to decide if he even wants LWBS or not.
Old 04-15-2023, 07:00 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Lucifer
If it was only the PCCB and the Burm I would have agreed with you, but LWBS really aren't for everybody. After about 40 minutes in your car my back started itching and I was uncomfortable.
well .... I'm going to disagree ... I'm twice your age and I have no issue.

the '21 is a newer car, its a better spec, and its CPO ... no brainer!

Last edited by Larry Cable; 04-15-2023 at 07:02 PM.
Old 04-15-2023, 07:22 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

well .... I'm going to disagree ... I'm twice your age and I have no issue.

the '21 is a newer car, its a better spec, and its CPO ... no brainer!
And twice the mileage and we don't know the price difference
also I am not the only one who find the LWBS uncomfortable
I think that if Porsche had let us reclined the back like BMW it could be so much more comfortable (that's the only thing that bothered me)

Last edited by Lucifer; 04-15-2023 at 07:24 PM.
Old 04-15-2023, 07:24 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

whatever...
Old 04-15-2023, 09:22 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

LWBSs are not loved by everyone, but is a stone cold fact that cars with them sell for more, all other things equal.

The OPs question was what asking price delta should be expected.

Last edited by Archimedes; 04-15-2023 at 09:24 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Archimedes:
Larry Cable (04-15-2023), triode (04-17-2023)
Old 04-15-2023, 09:27 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Lucifer
I forgot this was the internet and opinions are facts that must be accepted in order to "win the argument"...

don't worry @Lucifer you wont have to suffer again, not in my Spyder anyway.
Old 04-15-2023, 09:39 PM
993TurboS
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
LWBSs are not loved by everyone, but is a stone cold fact that cars with them sell for more, all other things equal.

The OPs question was what asking price delta should be expected.
I agree with this. I think LWBS are not for me in a car I actually plan to drive a fair amount. But I'd still buy a car with them if I liked it otherwise, but would do math like this: If the LWBS might add $5k to resale, I'd maybe think they were worth $3k to me because they have no value, or negative value if I drive a lot, when I own it, but on resale I get back $5k.

Somewhat similar story on PCCB, but I am on the opposite side. They might add 7k on resale, but I actually want them. For someone who didn't want them, maybe they'd value that $7k at $4k depending on how they felt about them and how long they might keep the car.
Lucifer (04-16-2023)
Old 04-15-2023, 09:51 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Maybe it was a crack induced dream but I seem to remember Porsche had optional reclining buckets in Europe (not for our car but 991.2s and older?) as a half way option between sofas and full buckets in cars and I think those can't be sold as OE equipment in North America because of some archaic *** backwards law which is why we never got them here.

Cars with LWBs should always sell for more but right now don't for some reason. My city has 2 GT4s for sale, one is some plastic dash sofa stripper and the other is a leather dash LWB car, and they're priced 2g apart with the same KM and are at the same Porsche dealership. These are 2 of the cheapest GT4s in the country. Of the 4 cheapest GT4s in the country 3 have LWBs. By the time you find the cheapest 18way car it's quite the jump in price. And the cheapest 2021s it's the same. LWbs are the cheapest for sale. And the cheapest 22 is the same (but that's a pretty poor sample pool IMO and it could be cheap because it's race yellow). Doesn't make sense to me. Maybe everyone gained 20-30lbs over covid.

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/porsche/...%201W8&sprx=-1

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/porsche/...%201W8&sprx=-1

Last edited by Zhao; 04-15-2023 at 09:57 PM.
Old 04-15-2023, 10:02 PM
DrainsWalletsFast
Burning Brakes

Received 330 Likes on 180 Posts

I forgot this was the internet and opinions are facts that must be accepted in order to "win the argument"...

don't worry @Lucifer you wont have to suffer again, not in my Spyder anyway.
People argue about these seats so much, and it's so stupid. Everyone's body is put together a little differently. Torso vs leg length, height, weight, age, etc. all will play a role in whether seats will be comfortable or not. I'm eagerly awaiting seeing how long I can get away with sitting in mine, but nobody is right or wrong to say they prefer one over the other. I will say it's a shame seeing GT cars without them since they seem to suit the whole vibe of a hardcore sports car, but I don't blame anyone who prefers normal seats.

One could also argue they are actually in a strange middleground where they're overkill for the road but not enough of a race seat for a car that sees a lot of track use. But this isn't really my area of expertise. I just have that story of the guy that died going into the wall sideways on track in the back of my head. Might have been better with a racing seat with the things that jut out on either side of the helmet? Does a HANS device help with side impacts or only forward deceleration? Anyway this seems quite beyond the scope of a thread about GTS 4.0 options.
Old 04-15-2023, 10:33 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Hans helps mainly with forward movement, but also rotational movement and a little lateral. Probably won't stop your head bouncing off the window or rollbar; that's what your harness and bucket seat should mostly prevent, and halo seat and harness definitely does. A halo seat isn't a bad idea but that only belongs in a race car IMO. You'll probably run over a pedestrian or 2 in the pits because of a halo seat long before a halo saves your life.

I don't know anything about the incident you mentioned but head impacts are the major killer in automotive racing by a long shot. piercing and internal damage from deceling too fast are the next ones. Fire is 5th but is extremely rare in racing. Fire isn't a factor in HPDE's IMO though.

Quick Reply: One more for the crowd....how much value added on pre owned car with Buckets, PCCB...