Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4RS PTS & CXX arrived but no PDLS

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2023 | 02:52 PM
messiry
Rennlist Member

As far as I know, PDLS is not issue, it’s the PDLS+ the have removed that option anyway now, I mean PDLS+

Old 04-20-2023 | 06:10 PM
shawfm
Instructor

Originally Posted by TheBucketOfTruth
Don't forget the additional $13,100 MSRP increase if you're having to wait for a 2024. I remember seeing videos from Willow Springs of the cars and spotting a yellow one without Weissach and thinking how damned good it looked with a painted hood. The standard car still has a carbon hood, right? So it seems like it should be a no cost option to just have the hood however you like if you're ponying up for the Weissach Package. If you've ever seen a 991 GT2 RS with a painted hood you know that looks way better too.
Yes the non WP car has a CF hood, I ordered without WP because I didn't like the exposed CF hood on the outside but the CT is exposed inside

The following users liked this post:
DrainsWalletsFast (04-20-2023)
Old 04-22-2023 | 01:19 AM
Dorian C
Racer

WS with painted hood is really the best of both worlds. The problem with non-WS is that there would be exposed unpainted plastic everywhere. It just looks so wrong and so cheap.
Old 04-22-2023 | 04:42 AM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dorian C
WS with painted hood is really the best of both worlds. The problem with non-WS is that there would be exposed unpainted plastic everywhere. It just looks so wrong and so cheap.
True, and while I agree that would be the best looking combination, it costs about $30k. So doing CF side intakes, side rear window air intakes, intake guiding tubes and engine cover with oem parts afterward should cost less than half that roughly. Just food for thought for anyone selecting standard palette colors, plan on keeping the car and prefer painted hood over exposed CF.
Old 04-22-2023 | 10:26 AM
shawfm
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dorian C
I find that the opposite. I was not a fan of the CF hood, or side intakes.
The CF intake in the interior was cool, but with having CF intakes on other cars I was afraid it would be too loud.
I am not regretting our non WP build at all.

Quick Reply: GT4RS PTS & CXX arrived but no PDLS