Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

4RS spec help wanted from those that have cars already

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2023, 08:37 PM
Tom Loder
Rennlist Member

Received 455 Likes on 225 Posts
Default 4RS spec help wanted from those that have cars already

I don't know why I am this fortunate, but I got the call that I can have a June build and need to get some feedback on two options.

Weissach package - worth it? I was told PTS is not available for the rest of the model run, so it's not needed for that.
Sport Chrono - Does it still do nothing like on the GT4?
Base interior - Is it the same as on the GT4?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Last edited by Tom Loder; 01-10-2023 at 09:14 PM.
The following users liked this post:
MSRPhunter227 (01-11-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 08:51 PM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Received 612 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Loder
I don't know why I am this fortunate, but I got the call that I can have a June build and need to get some feedback on two options.

Weissach package - worth it? I was told PTS is not available for the rest of the model run, so it's not needed for that.

TIA
Congrats Tia

Weissach is ordered more often than not. I choose not to get it to a) save money, and b) I'm wrapping my car so the exposed CF does me no good. I miss not have the upper side intakes in CF and would have prererred the Alcantara dash. Otherwise, all the other bits are irrelevent. I would say get it if you can spend the $

Sport Chrono - as far as i know its just a clock. But I recommend it. Its a nice clock.

Base Interior - a big no no. I'm a track guy, but man, at this price level you need either Leather or Alcantara. The base is really base, and does not include the inside CF on the doors - looks really plain. Leather is soooo much nicer as is Weisach dash.

Good luck, likely get lots of opinions, its your decision - no wrong ones with the GT4RS (except base interior)
HooosierDaddy (01-10-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 09:04 PM
shawfm
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts

2nd No Weissach
Yes sport chrono
Yes leather interior with blue seats
Steel brakes
No LED lights
FRIZ (01-10-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 09:30 PM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Received 852 Likes on 451 Posts

Why no LED lights? On a nearing 300k car no LED's?!
Old 01-10-2023, 09:32 PM
shawfm
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by MrFunk
Why no LED lights? On a nearing 300k car no LED's?!
Delay the build, and I can't recall a time that I drove our GTS at night.
Tom Loder (01-10-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 10:14 PM
HooosierDaddy
Racer

Received 269 Likes on 136 Posts

Congrats, I know the feeling... realizing you somehow made the cut, then realizing you'll have to pay for it.
Depends on if you want carbon parts? I really like the car without the Weissach but PTS can not be optioned without as they are married options.
Since I was going to do PTS I decided to keep Weissach when PTS was removed. Main reason for me to option it was for the carbon intakes and engine cover, those alone make it worthwhile for me. I'd love to option intakes and engine cover without the Weissach.
Not sure, But I think with Sport Chrono equipped the Launch Control is higher RPM and better 0-60 if that matters to you. For the very small percentage of purchase price, why not get it!
Get leather upgrade at the least, if you option Weissach it's non issue as you get the RaceTex interior.

LED's... you should be able to option the PDLS lights. These are the same as PDLS+, minus auto high beams.

Last edited by HooosierDaddy; 01-10-2023 at 10:17 PM. Reason: LED info
Old 01-11-2023, 04:04 AM
porschefan29
AutoX

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

WP option will hold its value and the racetex interior suits the car to a tee.
not sure where you are but front axle lift is also well worth it.
One option I initially regretted but now love is the illuminated door sills in carbon fibre - they look awesome at night.
The following 2 users liked this post by porschefan29:
Larry Cable (01-16-2023), Mr. Adair (01-11-2023)
Old 01-11-2023, 04:55 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,022 Likes on 2,292 Posts

Yes on WP, pass on the dash wart/clock, and get the upgraded interior.
Old 01-11-2023, 07:51 AM
NastyHabits
Rennlist Member

Received 369 Likes on 158 Posts

Yes on WP, yes on wart/clock, yes on leather if no WP.

My issue is choosing a color. The CF hood is such a large footprint, there is too much contrast with the lighter colors for my taste. GT silver would be a no brainer, but my 992 is GT silver so trying hard not to do GT silver. Have a black with accent logos in red, irons so red calipers, red deviated, belts, pulls I think looks great, but everybody telling me not to get black. Prolly just default to Gentian. Arrrrrrrgh!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
GT4RS.pdf (926.5 KB, 63 views)
Old 01-11-2023, 08:04 AM
Warwick Morris
Pro

Received 238 Likes on 119 Posts

You got a slot so get it all.
The following 4 users liked this post by Warwick Morris:
Larry Cable (01-16-2023), Mr. Adair (01-11-2023), Odin (01-13-2023), Tom Loder (01-11-2023)
Old 01-11-2023, 09:07 AM
IndigoInkTaco
Pro

Received 351 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by NastyHabits
Yes on WP, yes on wart/clock, yes on leather if no WP.

My issue is choosing a color. The CF hood is such a large footprint, there is too much contrast with the lighter colors for my taste. GT silver would be a no brainer, but my 992 is GT silver so trying hard not to do GT silver. Have a black with accent logos in red, irons so red calipers, red deviated, belts, pulls I think looks great, but everybody telling me not to get black. Prolly just default to Gentian. Arrrrrrrgh!
It's not going to look bad in any color tbh. I still say the cayman body style, in any trim level, begs for a bright color. I tend to agree that black wouldn't be my first color to recommend. What other colors are you considering besides black and silver? Any?
jmartpr (01-11-2023)
Old 01-11-2023, 11:14 AM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 278 Likes on 178 Posts

Based on having had multiple GT cars (my GT4RS has not yet arrived)

A few options added to my build (now v200) which i recommend you consider:

Weissach
LED headlights
LWBS
Front Lift
PCCBs
Carbon Lighted Door Sills
Leather Steering Console Casing
Sun Visor in Race-tex
Voice Control (no cost)
Light Design
Auto Dimming Mirrors / Int. Rain Sensor
DELETE Sirius XM wart (no cost)

Last edited by BlazinPond; 01-11-2023 at 11:36 PM.
Old 01-11-2023, 11:30 AM
Tom Loder
Rennlist Member

Received 455 Likes on 225 Posts

Thank you for the quick and helpful responses. I didn't realize that the non WP doesn't come with the cool exhaust, so I think that is a must.

How hard is it to keep the Race tex dash clean? Leather is easy to wipe down. What do you do with this stuff?
Old 01-11-2023, 11:55 AM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 278 Likes on 178 Posts

Sonax Alcantara cleaner.
I've had no issue keeping my GT cars' alcantara clean... and rarely have to use this.

The following 3 users liked this post by BlazinPond:
HooosierDaddy (01-11-2023), IndigoInkTaco (01-11-2023), Larry Cable (01-16-2023)
Old 01-11-2023, 02:55 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,476 Likes on 918 Posts

Thank you for the quick and helpful responses. I didn't realize that the non WP doesn't come with the cool exhaust, so I think that is a must.

How hard is it to keep the Race tex dash clean? Leather is easy to wipe down. What do you do with this stuff?

That cool exhausts is just the Ti tips....the rest of the muffler is the same between WP and Non-WP.
Since people that have not received their cars are voicing their opinion I'll throw my 0.2 cents, next week I can give you a more detail personal opinion once my car gets delivered.
Are you specing for you or the next owner? If it's for you are you looking to spec a striper/lower cost, fully loaded or something in between?
Fully loaded will be most Rennlisters recomendation for resale "value" if thinking of sale in the short term.

The leather/alcantara for me is a must...keeping the alcantara clean is easy and looks proper on a GT car.
WP is very polarizing....the full carbon hood you either like it or hate it but the rest of the carbon bits are very nice. Exterior color also does influence a lot on how the WP looks.
Also the full alcantara dash of the WP is great...less glare, different (unique) from other Porsche cars (even other GTs) and looks awesome.
Sport Chrono? Well.....again some people don't like it and other say it's needed to complete the look. It also has some influence for resale for those that are not into Porsche cars but are looking to buy.
At the end my recommendation is to go with what you like and can afford.....congrats on the allocation.

HooosierDaddy (01-11-2023)

Quick Reply: 4RS spec help wanted from those that have cars already