Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dundon 718 GT4RS Development Thread. Input wanted!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2023, 06:20 PM
Ted@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 125 Likes on 68 Posts
Talking Dundon 718 GT4RS Development Thread. Input wanted!

Hey gang,

We were finally able to get our hands on a 718 GT4RS! This one had already landed stateside and is a beautiful Gentian Blue Weissach Package with Satin Blue magnesium wheels.

Sadly, we had to part with our 992 GT3 to make it happen.

We are pumped to get to know this beast, and already have a laundry list. I'm interested to hear what the group is hoping to see come out of the Dundon Skunkworks, so please let us know.
Ted@dundonmotorsports.com
Dundon Motorsports
+1.253.200.4454

www.dundonmotorsports.com

The following 3 users liked this post by Ted@dundonmotorsports:
BabyNSX (01-06-2023), icon (01-09-2023), Jevi Javi (01-07-2023)
Old 01-06-2023, 06:54 PM
Avera
Burning Brakes

Received 435 Likes on 254 Posts

You already know what we want . . . what nobody else has been able to produce

A rear box solution to go with your headers/OAPs that has that RSR tone and a few more decibels to boot . . . without unbearable drone.

Yes, we know you have the RS, but us GT4/Spyder owners with your headers/OAPs have been PATIENTLY waiting on your obtaining the RS to get our rear box solution.

Can you deliver . . . next week?

Avera

Last edited by Avera; 01-06-2023 at 06:56 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Avera:
DFW01TT (01-07-2023), rp718 (01-11-2023), SANSPDK (01-07-2023)
Old 01-06-2023, 06:55 PM
BabyNSX
Rennlist Member

Received 618 Likes on 236 Posts

Highest on my wish list is a back box to go with your existing OAP/Street header solution for the GT4. I know you've been waiting for the GT4rs to arrive so that you could finish off development of this last element. If you could prioritize that, I'm sure there would be a long order list (with my name on the top).

For the back box, what I would like is a setup that would liven up the exhaust with the valves closed (vs OE) and polish up the sound with the valves open (vs OE). If you could achieve this while at the same time as making the engine deliver more power even better. My biggest peeve with the factory box is that the rather abrupt changes in sound output between valves open and closed. Something that brings those settings a little closer together would be ideal (for me).
The following 2 users liked this post by BabyNSX:
Avera (01-06-2023), DFW01TT (01-07-2023)
Old 01-06-2023, 07:00 PM
Avera
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BabyNSX
. . . If you could prioritize that, I'm sure there would be a long order list (with my name on the top) . . .
@BabyNSX

You are second on the list

Avera
Old 01-06-2023, 07:13 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,372 Likes on 2,204 Posts

Damn that car looks good in Gentian Blue!
Old 01-06-2023, 07:24 PM
Avera
Burning Brakes

@Ted@dundonmotorsports

As compensation for our long wait . . . we will expect the Dundon rear box solution comes with some sweet *ss tips like the RS comes equipped.

Avera
Old 01-06-2023, 08:07 PM
BabyNSX
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Avera
@Ted@dundonmotorsports

As compensation for our long wait . . . we will expect the Dundon rear box solution comes with some sweet *ss tips like the RS comes equipped.

Avera
+1 for exhaust tips - but I'll take mine ahead of Avera if I have to wait for the tips to be developed
The following users liked this post:
Avera (01-06-2023)
Old 01-06-2023, 08:13 PM
Ted@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 125 Likes on 68 Posts

Lots of expected comments from the GT4 owners We know you want the muffler badly, but I'll be honest, there's a reason no one else has done it. We have our original design for the GT4 (which has been tested, and sadly, doesn't turn a GT4 into an RSR). We will see what needs to be done to make a box that works for both the GT4 and GT4RS.

I'm also interested to hear from GT4RS owners as to what they would like improved on the platform.
Avera (01-06-2023)
Old 01-06-2023, 08:20 PM
BabyNSX
Rennlist Member

The following 2 users liked this post by BabyNSX:
Avera (01-06-2023), Le Petit Garage (01-17-2024)
Old 01-06-2023, 08:30 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,353 Likes on 824 Posts

Originally Posted by Ted@dundonmotorsports
I'm also interested to hear from GT4RS owners as to what they would like improved on the platform.
Little early aren't we.

I can tell you that due to the track width done to this car by PAG you most likely will need to go camber plates, adjustable rear toe link, non C&C offset wheels (9x ET55 instead of 9x ET50, 8.5x ET50 would work) unless one enjoys throwing sh!te down the side of the car constantly.
Old 01-06-2023, 08:33 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,474 Likes on 918 Posts

Je...je ...je....the 982 GT4 crowd (I was part of that crowd) know exactly what the car needs!
My guess the 4RS will be the same. Street headers and a decent rear muffler that changes the tone to a more Porsche like sound without being obnoxious and almost zero drone.
The 4RS sound glorious (based on comments) from the inside but IMHO it sounds equally as bad as the GT4 from the outside
I know you guys prioritize headers in your package but maybe this time you could do a nice Catback or a modular system that will allow us 4RS owners to build our exhaust a la carte? (Hint: this way you maximize sale).
Packaging of that rear muffler is a PITA, I know, but if you come through on this you will sell a bunch of these mufflers for GT4/Spyders and GT4RS

Avera (01-06-2023)
Old 01-06-2023, 08:40 PM
Avera
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jmartpr
Je...je ...je....the 982 GT4 crowd (I was part of that crowd) know exactly what the car needs!
My guess the 4RS will be the same. Street headers and a decent rear muffler that changes the tone to a more Porsche like sound without being obnoxious and almost zero drone.
The 4RS sound glorious (based on comments) from the inside but IMHO it sounds equally as bad as the GT4 from the outside
I know you guys prioritize headers in your package but maybe this time you could do a nice Catback or a modular system that will allow us 4RS owners to build our exhaust a la carte? (Hint: this way you maximize sale).
Packaging of that rear muffler is a PITA, I know, but if you come through on this you will sell a bunch of these mufflers for GT4/Spyders and GT4RS
But what about us GT4 owners already plugged in with the headers/OAPs?

I will NEVER given them up. Decibels are great, but I always want more. TQ/HP gains rarely get discussed, but are impressive.

We want it all, including the RSR tone.

Realistically, however, there is a reason nobody has managed to add the tone without the drone. I get it, but have been holding out for a Hail Mary from Dundon.

To your other point, I suspect there are more aftermarket companies than there will be RS owners for quite some time, so the GT4/Spyder crowd is where the money is at . . . and will continue to be.

Avera
BoxKing (01-06-2023)
Old 01-06-2023, 08:43 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,353 Likes on 824 Posts

Originally Posted by jmartpr
Hehehe,

Driving mine I would agree with the inside sound but think the outside is worse than my old '21 GT4; OEM.
Old 01-06-2023, 08:57 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ExMB
Hehehe,

Driving mine I would agree with the inside sound but think the outside is worse than my old '21 GT4; OEM.
Ohhhh that's even worst!
Old 01-06-2023, 09:02 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Avera
But what about us GT4 owners already plugged in with the headers/OAPs?

I will NEVER given them up. Decibels are great, but I always want more. TQ/HP gains rarely get discussed, but are impressive.

We want it all, including the RSR tone.

Realistically, however, there is a reason nobody has managed to add the tone without the drone. I get it, but have been holding out for a Hail Mary from Dundon.

To your other point, I suspect there are more aftermarket companies than there will be RS owners for quite some time, so the GT4/Spyder crowd is where the money is at . . . and will continue to be.

Avera
Not to worry....if they develop a muffler for the 4RS they should be able to develop the last section of the GT4 system (the one that splits into a Y) into a single exit/entry for the muffler.....everybody wins!
But it can also be the other way around, adapting the current GT4 design to the 4RS...the only difference between both OEM is in one the split happens before the muffler and on the 4RS it happens on the muffler.
Also the 4RS GPF looks smaller than on the GT4 and the secondary O2 sensor is on the OAP before the GPFs,kind of like the Dundon system.
Avera (01-06-2023)

Quick Reply: Dundon 718 GT4RS Development Thread. Input wanted!