Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2023 | 08:21 PM
disden
Drifting

Originally Posted by Manifold
They don’t generally lowball trade-ins, but GT3 trade-in would be MSRP, not market value.

Allocation is at MSRP.
sounds fair. Big question becomes if you want to trade in a car that you just got, Ei the GT3. Make sure to drive one if able first to help make up your mind
Old 11-05-2023 | 08:42 PM
hot-J
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Frank1119
Congrats! US or Canada?
Thank you! Merica'
Old 11-05-2023 | 09:07 PM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Manifold go out and enjoy your GT3.
IF you get the 4rs great
if you dont great
You are gonna get the 4rs then all of a sudden chase the srs and the 3rs or whatever is next.
Alot of us are guilty of this but sometimes we just gotta take a look at how great the car we have is and just enjoy it.
The following users liked this post:
jabwind51 (11-05-2023)
Old 11-05-2023 | 09:59 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

From: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)

Originally Posted by poofyo101
Manifold go out and enjoy your GT3.
IF you get the 4rs great
if you dont great
You are gonna get the 4rs then all of a sudden chase the srs and the 3rs or whatever is next.
Alot of us are guilty of this but sometimes we just gotta take a look at how great the car we have is and just enjoy it.
Getting the 4RS isn't a matter of life or death for me, but I do really want it because it's the best mid-engine Cayman for the track ever. Keep in mind that the wife and I both track, so we need two track cars, and I want one of them to be mid-engine. We have a 981 GT4, but it doesn't really cut it compared to a GT3/RS.

I don't really chase the latest thing. Got 991 GT3 in 2015 and 981 GT4 in 2016, and waited to 2023 to replace either of them. Would rather have 4RS over SRS, and having both is too redundant. Not really interested in the 3RS for a few reasons. Not interested in SC or ST either. So all I really want for Xmas is a 992 GT3 and 4RS; got one of them, now I need the other, then done!

Last edited by Manifold; 11-05-2023 at 10:09 PM.
Wild1 (11-06-2023)
Old 11-05-2023 | 10:53 PM
Hwy
Instructor

My feeling is that with demand still very robust for any of the GT cars, unless you have an ironclad handshake saying "if I trade in xxx, then I would like GTx which is sitting on your lot at MSRP" as otherwise the dealer is still wanting to spread the new stock around their client base trying to keep everyone interested and feeling special. It may be very difficult to get 2 new GT cars within 6 months of each other no matter how high your turnover has been unless you are trading in a limited edition model. Again, just my feeling that I got when talking to my dealer.
Old 11-06-2023 | 12:47 AM
very green R
Instructor

Originally Posted by BillBoss
So I have a manual 2023 GT4 with about 400 miles that I can trade in for a GT4 RS allocation. If I decide to trade in my GT4 at MSRP to the dealer, what is a reasonable offer for the GT4 RS?

So far I am being offered $40k over MSRP for the 4RS, but still feel like that's steep. I believe my GT4 is currently worth around $20k over MSRP. Any advice would be appreciated!
I also have a first world decision to make, but sort of opposite of BillBoss.
I got an allocation for a 2023 GT4RS in June 2022. A month before it arrived I watched too many You tube videos on the GT4 RS where people complained about the harsh ride, loud cabin sound, etc.. I got worried that I would not like it when it came and was able to get an allocation for a more toned down 2024 Boxster GTS with a manual transmission that I thought would be more acceptable for my long drives to the mountains. (And the next generation is EV, is what I was thinking so I wanted to make sure I had the right 982 but did not know which car would be the best because it is not possible to drive either easily.)

But then my GT4RS arrived on August 1, 2023 and I took it immediatley for full PPF and then to the Ozarks for long drives. I found I like it alot and find it much more acceptable in ride quality and than the Cayman R I drove for 67000 miles since new over 11.5 years. I talked to my SA about selling the Boxster GTS, while it was locked in at the factory, to another customer, since he had brought up to me that he got two calls shortly after I took that allocation where the other people desperately would have loved to have a 2024 Boxster GTS allocation. My SA said everybody spending that much money wants to spec their own rather than take a car ordered by me.

So the Boxster GTS manual will arrive in about 1.5 to 2 weeks. I plan to drive it and buy it if I like it more than the GT4RS. I may decide to keep both cars, but that is not ideal since I do not like to maintain two Porsches.

My 2023 GT4RS is approaching 5000 miles now and does not have the slightest defect. It has Ruby Star Neo paint, PCCB, front lift, PDLS, carbon fiber black and artic gray sport bucket seats, black aluminum wheels, dash cam pre-wire, Sirius antanae delete, door and rear model designation deleted, leather steering wheel, smoking package, front storage net. Any opinions of what it is worth in today's market in case I decide I like the GTS better?

The 2024 Boxster GTS 4.0 manual is in racing yellow with black top and black leather seats that are 18 way and ventillated for heat and cold. It has the PASM that is only lowered 10 mm (over a base Boxster) rather than the normal 20 mm for a GTS. It has leather steering wheel and shift ****, PDLS, wheel locks, dash cam pre-wire, smoking package, storage net, and model designation delete on doors and rear.
It will have about 100 miles on it by the time I drive it home. Any opinions of what it is worth in todays market? MSRP is $103,360, which is what I am paying, along with 2nd year maintenance pre-paid.

I do not wish to spoil my relationship with my dealer which went out of their way to get me a GT4RS allocation by trading two other allocations for it. But is there any creative way I could have the dealer keep the GTS along with my $2500 deposit along with some extra cash perhaps? If so how much?
Thanks for any advice.

Old 11-06-2023 | 12:52 AM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by very green R
I also have a first world decision to make, but sort of opposite of BillBoss.
I got an allocation for a 2023 GT4RS in June 2022. A month before it arrived I watched too many You tube videos on the GT4 RS where people complained about the harsh ride, loud cabin sound, etc.. I got worried that I would not like it when it came and was able to get an allocation for a more toned down 2024 Boxster GTS with a manual transmission that I thought would be more acceptable for my long drives to the mountains. (And the next generation is EV, is what I was thinking so I wanted to make sure I had the right 982 but did not know which car would be the best because it is not possible to drive either easily.)

But then my GT4RS arrived on August 1, 2023 and I took it immediatley for full PPF and then to the Ozarks for long drives. I found I like it alot and find it much more acceptable in ride quality and than the Cayman R I drove for 67000 miles since new over 11.5 years. I talked to my SA about selling the Boxster GTS, while it was locked in at the factory, to another customer, since he had brought up to me that he got two calls shortly after I took that allocation where the other people desperately would have loved to have a 2024 Boxster GTS allocation. My SA said everybody spending that much money wants to spec their own rather than take a car ordered by me.

So the Boxster GTS manual will arrive in about 1.5 to 2 weeks. I plan to drive it and buy it if I like it more than the GT4RS. I may decide to keep both cars, but that is not ideal since I do not like to maintain two Porsches.

My 2023 GT4RS is approaching 5000 miles now and does not have the slightest defect. It has Ruby Star Neo paint, PCCB, front lift, PDLS, carbon fiber black and artic gray sport bucket seats, black aluminum wheels, dash cam pre-wire, Sirius antanae delete, door and rear model designation deleted, leather steering wheel, smoking package, front storage net. Any opinions of what it is worth in today's market in case I decide I like the GTS better?

The 2024 Boxster GTS 4.0 manual is in racing yellow with black top and black leather seats that are 18 way and ventillated for heat and cold. It has the PASM that is only lowered 10 mm (over a base Boxster) rather than the normal 20 mm for a GTS. It has leather steering wheel and shift ****, PDLS, wheel locks, dash cam pre-wire, smoking package, storage net, and model designation delete on doors and rear.
It will have about 100 miles on it by the time I drive it home. Any opinions of what it is worth in todays market? MSRP is $103,360, which is what I am paying, along with 2nd year maintenance pre-paid.

I do not wish to spoil my relationship with my dealer which went out of their way to get me a GT4RS allocation by trading two other allocations for it. But is there any creative way I could have the dealer keep the GTS along with my $2500 deposit along with some extra cash perhaps? If so how much?
Thanks for any advice.
I think letting them keep your 2500 is enough. Should not need more then that as long as the spec isnt ridiculous.
very green R (11-06-2023)
Old 11-06-2023 | 12:42 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

So let me ask you guys.

I bought $1 million in cars from my dealer in the past year, and traded in $300k worth of cars. All of the cars I bought were used at market price, no special discount for being a volume customer, except that I recently got a new GT3 at MSRP with the understanding that, when I’m ready to sell it, I offer it to the dealer at MSRP or market value, whichever is lower, so I don’t really own the ~$50k equity in the car. I also get my eight Porsches generally serviced at this dealer.

I feel the dealer has benefited from this set of transactions more than I have, and they recently got two 4RS allocations. I feel entitled to getting one of those 4RS at MSRP if I trade in one or more cars of my choice at a fair trade in price. Am I being reasonable?
Closing the loop on this, I do have a 4RS allocation and am not obligated to trade in my GT3. ETA for the 4RS is mid next year, so I'll decide then what I'm going to trade in. Dealer had already decided last week to give me the allocation, but I wasn't clear on that until I confirmed today. I'm happy with this, and believe I have a win-win relationship with my dealer: they make money, and I get cars I want at good prices.
The following 4 users liked this post by Manifold:
Hwy (11-06-2023), Porsche2014 (11-07-2023), SK991.2 (11-06-2023), usctrojanGT3 (11-06-2023)
Old 11-06-2023 | 12:45 PM
jabwind51
Rennlist Member

Closing the loop on this, I do have a 4RS allocation and am not obligated to trade in my GT3. ETA for the 4RS is mid next year, so I'll decide then what I'm going to trade in. Dealer had already decided last week to give me the allocation, but I wasn't clear on that until I confirmed today. I'm happy with this, and believe I have a win-win relationship with my dealer: they make money, and I get cars I want at good prices.

Congratulations. All is well.
Manifold (11-06-2023)
Old 11-06-2023 | 12:53 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jabwind51
Congratulations. All is well.
Thanks. I can't say that 'all' is well, but it's definitely better.

In case anyone thinks I got lucky to get the allocation, no, I had to do a substantial volume of business to be in a position to get it. The dealer made their money, and also retained my loyalty (I've never called or visited any other Porsche dealer).
Old 11-06-2023 | 02:06 PM
Rac10000
Rennlist Member

They don’t generally lowball trade-ins, but GT3 trade-in would be MSRP, not market value.

Allocation is at MSRP.
That's the move I made.
Old 11-06-2023 | 04:06 PM
Patrick3000
Rennlist Member

Congratulations 🍾🎈🎉🎊
Manifold (11-06-2023)
Old 11-06-2023 | 04:12 PM
Andrew_PSD
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Might have one allocation left, non PTS if interested feel free to PM me.
Old 11-06-2023 | 10:21 PM
TOporschefan
Racer

Congratulations on the allocation Manifold! I am sure you will enjoy the car for its intended use!
Manifold (11-06-2023)
Old 11-06-2023 | 10:23 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Heard a ton of 4RS allocations dropped. Some SoCal dealers got 6+ of them apparently and a few got 10+ 3RS's.
gtme (11-07-2023)

Quick Reply: GT4 RS Allocation Thread