Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The 718 Spyder RS Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2024, 01:33 PM
mrdci
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cooler2442
Ben can get you one for 45k over on here, go for it!
PTS???
Old 03-20-2024, 01:35 PM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Received 1,113 Likes on 673 Posts

Wow! Now that sounds like a bargain! Ill have to look into this with my SA and other connections... if you can PM me Bens contact info... Thx
Old 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,512 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by mrdci
PTS???
No, PTS is sold out for 2024.

Originally Posted by dnimi123
Wow! Now that sounds like a bargain! Ill have to look into this with my SA and other connections... if you can PM me Bens contact info... Thx
Paging @bpeacock
The following users liked this post:
Mike981S (03-20-2024)
Old 03-21-2024, 10:16 AM
Xtremeauto
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spyder rs order

So I placed my order already, and it’s scheduled for delivery sometime in July, I had the option to go PTS but chose not to, is this a mistake? I just love the yellow so much on this car, and the pts colors weren’t doing it for me, does it hurt the future value significantly?
Old 03-21-2024, 10:23 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,702 Likes on 2,736 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeauto
So I placed my order already, and it’s scheduled for delivery sometime in July, I had the option to go PTS but chose not to, is this a mistake? I just love the yellow so much on this car, and the pts colors weren’t doing it for me, does it hurt the future value significantly?
Welcome and congrats! There is no right or wrong answer on colour as it is your car and you must decide. As for value down the road, again, your decision and PTS is not free, and all cars come painted, remember your dream colour may not be the next buyers!

Having said this there are a number of PTS yellows that would make the SRS more unique, say Bahama Yellow or Signal Yellow, still in the end it is your choice!
The following 2 users liked this post by Westcoast:
Ferrarisimo (03-21-2024), Mike981S (03-22-2024)
Old 03-21-2024, 10:23 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,455 Likes on 2,359 Posts

When I was thinking about selling my Yellow Spyder I had people telling me they loved the color but were afraid of owning it, or they worried they would get sick of it, or even poor resale. But there were others who realized that Yellow is one of the most popular colors and there are some who really wanted to buy it. I had a Miami Blue Targa GTS before the Spyder - I love bright colors and I always buy for myself, not the next owner! And Racing Yellow is the only true Yellow they offer - all of the others appear to have an Orange hue, are too deep, too pale, etc.

Last edited by Bob Z.; 03-21-2024 at 10:25 AM.
Mike981S (03-22-2024)
Old 03-21-2024, 10:28 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,399 Likes on 2,501 Posts

I looked at every single PTS and non-PTS color for my 4RS, and concluded that my two favorites were Guards Red and GT Silver. I went with GT Silver. I wouldn’t choose a color I don’t prefer in the hope that it would raise the market value of the car beyond the additional cost of the PTS.
coldfire (03-21-2024)
Old 03-21-2024, 10:56 AM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 254 Posts

if you selected weissach then really the additional cost is minimal..I would do it..if not then no, doesn't sound like you really want a color in the pts spectrum..

Old 03-21-2024, 11:07 AM
348SStb
Burning Brakes

Received 528 Likes on 298 Posts

Congrats.

Bottom line is you should get what you like with some regard for resale later if you think you’ll want to sell it. Some people look at a car as an investment; some people look at it as a depreciating asset and a toy. I look at it as a depreciating asset.

Yellow is a tough color. I love Racing Yellow — I ordered it on a car recently. But it’s a very tough color - probably the toughest to sell. Just look at the parking lot in any large parking lot of normal cars or even in a parking lot full of exotic cars and see how many are yellow. The marketplace is not kind to Racing Yellow Porsches for some reason, and I think the color is spectacular. There’s a very limited audience for it — and yes, they are usually willing to pay — but reaching that audience is the problem.

If PTS is still available and it’s within your budget; and if there’s a color there that you like, I think it’s a better choice than Racing Yellow. Conversely I think GT Silver or Arctic Grey are fine colors that the marketplace likes. I personally love the White, but I notice not many people are doing White.

With all this being said, I think any Boxster including Spyder are looks terrific in Racing Yellow.

Last edited by 348SStb; 03-21-2024 at 11:29 AM.
Mike981S (03-22-2024)
Old 03-21-2024, 11:28 AM
Xtremeauto
5th Gear

Originally Posted by jlee504
if you selected weissach then really the additional cost is minimal..I would do it..if not then no, doesn't sound like you really want a color in the pts spectrum..

I basically got it loaded minus the rim upgrade
Old 03-21-2024, 11:31 AM
Xtremeauto
5th Gear

Originally Posted by 348SStb
Congrats.

Bottom line is you should get what you like with some regard for resale later if you think you’ll want to sell it. Some people look at a car as an investment; some people look at it as a depreciating asset and a toy. I look at it as a depreciating asset.

Yellow is a tough color. I love Racing Yellow — I ordered it on a car recently. But it’s a very tough color - probably the toughest to sell. Just look at the parking lot in any large parking lot of normal cars or even in a parking lot full of exotic cars and see how many are yellow. The marketplace is not kind to Racing Yellow Porsches for some reason, and I think the color is spectacular. There’s a very limited audience for it — and yes, they are usually willing to pay — but reaching that audience is the problem.

If PTS is still available and it’s within your budget; and if there’s a color there that you like, I think it’s a better choice than Racing Yellow. Conversely I think GT Silver or Arctic Grey are fine colors that the marketplace likes. I personally love the White, but I notice not many people are doing White.

With all this being said, I think any Boxster including Spyder are looks terrific in Racing Yellow.

I would normally agree with you, I got my Macan gts in Miami blue, and my turbo gt in arctic grey, but this car just screams yellow at me, it’s going to cost me 260CDN though and I don’t want to shoot myself in the foot either
Old 03-21-2024, 11:41 AM
348SStb
Burning Brakes

Received 528 Likes on 298 Posts

I would normally agree with you, I got my Macan gts in Miami blue, and my turbo gt in arctic grey, but this car just screams yellow at me, it’s going to cost me 260CDN though and I don’t want to shoot myself in the foot either
Love those two colors you chose.

This is a tough question. The tough answer (from me) is I think you shoot yourself in the foot with Racing Yellow.

Since Racing Yellow is going away (discontinued), how about saying “Screw it? I’ll get what I like.”

I am imagining black wheels with outer lip in Racing Yellow; black calipers; black door handles; black decals; racing yellow stitching inside with black belts and black door pull loops — careful with too much yellow inside! The yellow seat belts and yellow door pull loops would be too much (I think) against a Racing Yellow Exterior.
Old 03-21-2024, 11:44 AM
yellolab
Instructor

Received 98 Likes on 51 Posts

I love the Racing Yellow. Signal, meh not so much, too orangy for me.
Mike981S (03-22-2024)
Old 03-21-2024, 11:50 AM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 254 Posts

Personally I think it screams red...and would have done GTS Red or Carmine red if they were available but I think that would have been PTS plus or whatever its called.. I went with GT Silver because I didn't get the option.
Old 03-21-2024, 11:52 AM
Xtremeauto
5th Gear

Originally Posted by 348SStb
Love those two colors you chose.

This is a tough question. The tough answer (from me) is I think you shoot yourself in the foot with Racing Yellow.

Since Racing Yellow is going away (discontinued), how about saying “Screw it? I’ll get what I like.”

I am imagining black wheels with outer lip in Racing Yellow; black calipers; black door handles; black decals; racing yellow stitching inside with black belts and black door pull loops — careful with too much yellow inside! The yellow seat belts and yellow door pull loops would be too much (I think) against a Racing Yellow Exterior.

I did go with those options, but I went white dials, and white interior, I guess I’ll just go with it and see what happens, the Porsche store did tell me they were supposed to get three allocations, and the other two got canceled due to part shortages, and if I wanted to sell it back to them they’d definitely give a small profit, so I hope the value will definitely appreciate regardless of color chosen, but like I said I love the yellow

Quick Reply: The 718 Spyder RS Discussion Thread