Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

What did you buy your 718 today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2024, 04:33 PM
jskup1
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Pokerhobo
Self install? if so, any instructions? This is the one option I wished I spec'd in my GT4
The colored seatbelts or the door sills? I saw a youtube video for someone who had their seatbelts rewebbed and I found a PDF of the instructions online and a few youtube videos for the door sills. They were pretty easy, just need to pull the seats. I saw where a bunch of people were having trouble with removing adhesive from the bottom of the old ones, but mine didn't have any and the new ones don't have it on them either. Took me about 3 hours to do the sills and the belts.
The following 3 users liked this post by jskup1:
MrFunk (05-04-2024), Pokerhobo (05-03-2024), wdr911 (05-06-2024)
Old 05-03-2024, 07:33 PM
rubber_ducky
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by jskup1
The colored seatbelts or the door sills? I saw a youtube video for someone who had their seatbelts rewebbed and I found a PDF of the instructions online and a few youtube videos for the door sills. They were pretty easy, just need to pull the seats. I saw where a bunch of people were having trouble with removing adhesive from the bottom of the old ones, but mine didn't have any and the new ones don't have it on them either. Took me about 3 hours to do the sills and the belts.
good to know. Where does the power come from? Did you tap wires in the foot well?
Old 05-03-2024, 08:11 PM
jskup1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rubber_ducky
good to know. Where does the power come from? Did you tap wires in the foot well?
Under the driver's seat is the "rear electronics unit." It's just a small metal box. The harness that comes with the sills is pre-pinned to go into slot 37 of one of the harnesses and then grounded right next to the unit. That is why the seat needs to be removed. I removed the passenger seat as well just because it makes it easier to pull the carpet up when running the wire to the passenger side unit.
The following 2 users liked this post by jskup1:
JD612 (05-04-2024), MrFunk (05-04-2024)
Old 05-04-2024, 07:35 AM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 739 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by dgrobs
You spending any money on the nut behind the wheel? (Read: seat time and coaching)
Yeah buddy! Also did an Auto X event last week… it was more fun this time around over my previous experience last year at this time, due to having better coaching from being on track, though I basically ruled out Auto X as something I’d want to continue doing going toward.

Im signed up for Lighting, Pocono, and Summit Main w/ PCA RTR. I’ll find it hard to be in hibernation off track from Lighting till Pocono, Im open to suggestions to any event(s) I should register for in July… was thinking about hitting Thunderbolt in July w/ PCA Schattenbaum. I guess buying track time for the 718 falls under the topic of this thread
Old 05-04-2024, 07:43 AM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 739 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by Phillip Berk
would love the silver tips for my gts, don't have any black accents and with the silver wheels bet they would look sharp, very interested to hear to how it goes.
Ordering the black for me made sense bc I have the Aurum wheels, and I wouldnt have bought them in Gold if they were available. Black also matches all o the body trim accents on the car (even on the GTS). The black tips wont clash with any future wheel sets (regardless of color) I get for the car, which will most likely get a black set of VS 5RS or EX 7RS for track.

I would def get silver tips if I had silver wheels.
Old 05-04-2024, 08:35 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,533 Likes on 1,055 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxKing
Yeah buddy! Also did an Auto X event last week… it was more fun this time around over my previous experience last year at this time, due to having better coaching from being on track, though I basically ruled out Auto X as something I’d want to continue doing going toward.

Im signed up for Lighting, Pocono, and Summit Main w/ PCA RTR. I’ll find it hard to be in hibernation off track from Lighting till Pocono, Im open to suggestions to any event(s) I should register for in July… was thinking about hitting Thunderbolt in July w/ PCA Schattenbaum. I guess buying track time for the 718 falls under the topic of this thread
I’ll get you some July dates when I get in to the office Monday. Shoot me an email then and remind me. In the interim, keep the shiny side up.

I got Mid-O this coming Friday-Sunday and then a whole bunch of dates at Watkins, SPM, and a bunch of others. Should make about 80 days this year. I’ll see you at Main with Potomac ….
The following users liked this post:
BoxKing (05-04-2024)
Old 05-05-2024, 09:52 AM
Criderman
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 9M LWFW and clutch.

I bought my GT4 a Ninemeister lightweight clutch and flywheel today due to Porsche installing a clutch made of styrofoam when it was manufactured. Hoping for good results! Anyone have any insight on this set up??
matt0520 (05-16-2024)
Old 05-05-2024, 03:06 PM
Phillip Berk
Instructor

Received 101 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Criderman
I bought my GT4 a Ninemeister lightweight clutch and flywheel today due to Porsche installing a clutch made of styrofoam when it was manufactured. Hoping for good results! Anyone have any insight on this set up??
no insights besides this sounds like it would be an awesome combo, Definitely very interested in your experience with this setup, hopefully minimal drawbacks and an ST like feel... Would probably consider this after the OE setup eventually gets old.
Old 05-05-2024, 03:24 PM
jskup1
Rennlist Member

very interested in your assessment! I’ve read that it revs much faster and has better pedal response. I know that some lightweight flywheels cause chatter at idle. Definitely update us on the install!
Old 05-05-2024, 04:03 PM
mprog
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 106 Posts

Also very interested to see how the 9m flywheel performs. It’s been on my list for a while now …
Old 05-06-2024, 12:42 PM
j-dub
Instructor

Received 100 Likes on 57 Posts

Same comment on wanting to hear your experience/review of the lightened flywheel on the 4.0 engine. From previous reviews I have ready there seems to be no significant downside.
Old 05-06-2024, 01:05 PM
Criderman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by j-dub
Same comment on wanting to hear your experience/review of the lightened flywheel on the 4.0 engine. From previous reviews I have ready there seems to be no significant downside.
Dropping the car off in the morning for the install. I will let you guys know how it goes!
Old 05-07-2024, 02:40 PM
Banana S
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 39 Posts

I really liked the idea of body-colored headlight washer caps when I ordered my car, but there was no way I was going to pay the extra $300 for it. So I painted them myself instead, with some Shark Blue paint I bought off Amazon and some 2k Clearcoat on top of that...

The following 9 users liked this post by Banana S:
BabyNSX (05-08-2024), Dem bones (05-11-2024), gymdent (05-09-2024), matt0520 (05-16-2024), silverscooby27 (05-09-2024), slilley (05-08-2024), SpeedySpidey (05-07-2024), tigerhonaker (05-08-2024), vtplm (05-07-2024) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-11-2024, 03:54 PM
Criderman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by j-dub
So I had the flywheel and clutch installed this week and I have no complaints thus far. Mind you I am still in the 500 mile clutch break in window so I can’t give you a full report but I intend on posting a full review later. So far I see no downsides at all. Any noise that you will hear is minimal. The clutch is harder to depress at first but you definitely get used to it after a few drives. The engine clearly revs more freely and the auto blip down shifts are amazing! I couldn’t help but run it to redline once and I must say that it finally feels like a proper GT car to me. If you’re on the fence about getting this set up OR if you need a new clutch IMO this is a no brainer. DO IT!
j-dub (05-12-2024)
Old 05-12-2024, 03:08 AM
Phillip Berk
Instructor

Received 101 Likes on 62 Posts

So I had the flywheel and clutch installed this week and I have no complaints thus far. Mind you I am still in the 500 mile clutch break in window so I can’t give you a full report but I intend on posting a full review later. So far I see no downsides at all. Any noise that you will hear is minimal. The clutch is harder to depress at first but you definitely get used to it after a few drives. The engine clearly revs more freely and the auto blip down shifts are amazing! I couldn’t help but run it to redline once and I must say that it finally feels like a proper GT car to me. If you’re on the fence about getting this set up OR if you need a new clutch IMO this is a no brainer. DO IT!
Please keep us updated, I think once I run through the original clutch, this is a worthy upgrade. Nice to hear that the auto blip still functions properly even with the lighter fly wheel, I was worried it would trip the computer up since it is programed for the stock setup.
The following 2 users liked this post by Phillip Berk:
matt0520 (05-16-2024), pgap718 (05-16-2024)

Quick Reply: What did you buy your 718 today?